+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, PARS Gone into administration.. in General; PARS Technology Richard Paul Rendle of Rendle & Co appointed as Administrator on 18th Feb 2011. The affairs, business and ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

PARS Gone into administration..

PARS Technology

Richard Paul Rendle of Rendle & Co appointed as Administrator on 18th Feb 2011. The affairs, business and property of the company are being managed by the Administrator, who act as agent for the company without personal liability.

All enquiries in the initial instance to the company will be on the usual telephone number of the company.

Thank Post
    Can't say I've heard of them (after a quick look at the site), not to be confused with TASC Software Solutions Ltd who make PARS.net which I initially thought

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, I had never heard of them before although the name had cropped up in the local area whom had some consultancy and visualization solutions implemented recently that have just completly gone to pot and wrongly installed which is a shame i have one school to sort out now after there Visualized Environment is very unstable shall we say.

Thank Post
    I have briefly heard of them as a school in the town I live in (incidentally the one I went to years ago) has a number of Core2Duo based SFF Desktops purchased from them. As far as i'm aware, they have been reasonably happy with the build quality of them.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,738 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Blog Entries
    They have been a fairly good supplier of reasonable kit for some time ... from what I have heard from folk using them the pre-sales and after-sales were very helpful but better prices could be had elsewhere ... sometimes only a by a few quid per unit but it all adds up.

Shame to see another company go under, and I would be interested to here what the support / warranty arrangements turn out as.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    According to form maybe buy out in the offer from what I understand they are bit like Auto Windscreens had potential offer but could not sort it out in time. Main issue apparently with PARS is the big tax bill that they owe the government (PARS Technology demise hastened by VAT carousel fraud).

Russ

Thank Post
    I have been trying to get hold of someone from Pars for a few days now with no luck, one of our machines has just failed..great timing.

Thank Post
    If anyone needs it here are the contact details for the Administrator;

Rendle & Co
    01564 783777

M0MST
    What a shame. I have just heard about this after trying to ring them for a quote on some products. I have a server and 50 desktops from them in December 09, and they have been absolutely faultless. Team were knowledgeable in the install and config and a great help. I did however see the cracks appearing at that point, such as the company car they were given was probably ready for a scrapage scheme.

I have just spoken to someone from the administrators who are in the building who said there was basically no chance that they could be saved. Pitty as our warranty has now disapeared with under 2 years left, not alot we can do about that.

I anyone knows any different would be great to hear.

Home: Telford Office: Wolverhampton Work Travel: all over UK!
    Thank Post
    PARS / TASC Software... can I point out here that TASC Software Solutions Ltd has not gone into administration! Grrrrrrr!

TASC goes into administration : Yorkshire : Insider News : Insider Media Ltd no connection to our company. Had a phone call in to the office the other day asking the same question so knew about it. Bit of a pain having the same name!

Home: Telford Office: Wolverhampton Work Travel: all over UK!
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcCoy View Post
    Can't say I've heard of them (after a quick look at the site), not to be confused with TASC Software Solutions Ltd who make PARS.net which I initially thought
    Glad you said that - keep getting phone calls asking us if were connected....

M0MST
    I was told this on Friday, However here is the official News Postings. Really gone well for us as our whole system is PARS but I recently move to NS for our laptops and wireless as they are up the road, so makes perfect sense to me.

Anyone with "in warranty" PARS gear may be contacted soon, all we had to do is post/fax or email copies of our PARS invoices confirming warranty length and equipment.

NS Optimum - Total Solutions Provider To Schools And Colleges

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by M0MST View Post
    I was told this on Friday, However here is the official News Postings. Really gone well for us as our whole system is PARS but I recently move to NS for our laptops and wireless as they are up the road, so makes perfect sense to me.

Anyone with "in warranty" PARS gear may be contacted soon, all we had to do is post/fax or email copies of our PARS invoices confirming warranty length and equipment.

NS Optimum - Total Solutions Provider To Schools And Colleges
    I have to ask, but "1st April 2011" ? Luck? :P Or APD?

Steve

M0MST
    I did have to ask when they called but I have a feeling this deal was being looked at weeks ago, as with everything in Business its takes time to iron everything out. I suspect they wanted to get it all in place and out in public ready for the new financial year, get some schools spending their Captial Funds . With all those new contacts should mean they start to become a bigger force in the Market. Im more than Happy with them, only up the road is a great advantage as well.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread