+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, Just become a Microsoft IT Academy in General; https://www.ssatrust.org.uk/membersh...20brochure.pdf Ben...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,443 Posts

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,443 Posts
    The annual membership fee for the Microsoft IT Academy Program (exclusively available to SSAT member schools) is just
    560 + VAT – a saving of 324 on the current official Microsoft IT Academy Advanced level membership fee.
    From the pdf.

Ben

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Interesting!

Thank Post
    I thought it was 560 inclusive of VAT. Maybes, I am wrong unless the price has gone up. We have signed up as part of the SSAT agreement and get the advanced membership and pay no where near the 1,100 quoted.

Thank Post
    There was a really good discussion/presentation at the Microsoft Edugeek conference from Terry Killer at Microsoft (see IT Academy.pdf - Windows Live for the slides). The idea of site-licenses for the exam fees was also a very appealing idea, and makes the idea of offering MS certs to students/staff much more appealing!

Thank Post
    Hi Guys, apologies for bumping the thread but this was recently mentioned to use by a NM at another school we've recently had contact with. After reading through this thread and noticing that you can get it cheap by being an SSAT (which we are...yey) I think it's definitely something we will look at buying into. What are the pros and cons of it all?

PS I liked neph's idea of staff having to do the Digital Literacy Cert before being allowed a laptop. Having a minimum skill level before being given a laptop is something I've wanted in place for a while.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,892 Times in 1,406 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If you get your Senior Leadership on side then yeah a minimum skills requirement is a good idea. I wanted everyone at my place to have a basic knowledge of computers, operating systems, security etc and to be fair, since they went through it we have had less problems both with staff and pupils (Granted we dont teach it until Year 7 and space it out over 2 years).

Best thing I can suggest you do to get them onside is explain the benefits of a more secure laptop/better understanding by the staff to not go on suspect sites and they will know the basics behind the system. I also found the staffs level of knowledge of the cables and basics increased (rather than them saying the whiteboard cable, they actually said the VGA cable had problems or knowing what I mean when I say RAM etc!).

Throw in the fact that you can get the students to leave with the digital literacy cert as well (along with anything else you pick from the academy course) and you can use a lot of the courseware as CPD for a vast majority of staff (EG Microsoft Office Software for teachers and admins, MCITP for yourself) and you can get the exam costs at discount then that certainly butters their muffins so to speak.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123