+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, ID cards/badges in General; ID Cards for us are mandatory... you can't get in or out of the building without one... though I'm not ...
    Thank Post
    ID Cards for us are mandatory... you can't get in or out of the building without one... though I'm not struck on my Photo which is on the card!

Thank Post
    Photo ID cards mandatory here too and must be worn at all times.

Thank Post
    Yeah they are here too

School even has 3 colours of lanyard.

One for staff, one for Visitors with a valild CRB and one for visitors without a vaid CRB who must be accompanied by a member of staff at all times...

(Obviously, I wont post what colours - just in case )

Thank Post
    We have them because of safeguarding children 'recommended' by Ofsted.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We have them here - both staff and students. Main reason is that the bar and restaurants will only serve people who have a badge since safeguarding isn't an issue.

Thank Post
    we have photo ID here for the Staff. Generic Visitor badges for visitors. Nothing for the students at the moment.

Doing the photos for the Staff IDs is now part of my role.

Thank Post
    Wow, what a lot of differing responses!

IME of schools in our area we seem to be in the minority by not having id badges but clearly we are not alone.

I am still going to push for this here as I believe it presents a more professional image to visitors...as someone has already pointed out many visitors arrive with photo ID on them and it must seem quite odd to them to find they are the only one walking around with one.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,443 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CESIL View Post
    as someone has already pointed out many visitors arrive with photo ID on them and it must seem quite odd to them to find they are the only one walking around with one.
    Thats an interesting point if a visitor has their own company supplied photo id do they still get a visitors badge from you as well?

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesfed View Post
    Were pretty strict about ID cards here - every staff member has one which must be displayed at all times.
    We have them to help keep the LA happy but also because we have a high number of 6th form students wondering around and it can be very easy to mistake them for staff members.
    Same as this, we had to do it, we are a community based school but far too many people are wandering around. Our post16 students also have ID badges.

Now that everyone has got used to the badges no one complains about them.

Thank Post
    Badges! We don't need no stinking badges...

c'mon somebody had to do it...

We have them here - but I'm not keen on wearing it myself

Thank Post
    We have them for all, all lanyard jobs. Kiddy ones have pictures of said kiddy on them, staff ones don't. Free school meals are different design, etc.

IT Services are the only ones who are RFID enabled, so we have hours of fun watching kiddies trying to swipe their cards against our office door code readers to gain entry..heh.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dgsmith View Post
    I just know come the next OfSTED inspection that'll we'll have to be creating replacement cards for 75% of the staff who "forgot" or "mislaid" their ID card..
    Wow! I wish I hadn't said anything now - got the call, OfSTED coming this week and lots and lots of staff have asked for replacement ID cards!

13. Thanks to dgsmith from:

CAM (15th February 2011)

Thank Post
    We all wear them here now, aswell.
    It's proper basic - Just a standard laminated print.
    Nothing fancy, although we were considering getting a proper card printer but it was gonna be far too expensive.

Thank Post
    We have a badge system in my school.

All staff are supplied with a photo ID card (made by me so I keep track of exactly who should have one and who is waiting) with their name and school logo on it, with a big STAFF label on the bottom of it. This is put into a card holder and word around the neck using a blue lanyard that also has "STAFF" written all over it.

All visitors sign in to the touch-screen register system in reception (that we staff also use), but visitors have a sticker printed from the system automatically which has their name, car registration and "VISITOR" written on it. This is stuck onto a card and put into a card-holder with a red lanyard with "VISITOR" written all over it.

Although we are quite large (around 100 staff) we all know most other staff at least by face if not name, and if we see anyone with a STAFF badge/lanyard that we don't know we do an ID challenge anyway, better safe than sorry. Anyone not wearing a badge at all is to be challenged without fail, and unless the circumstances are exceptional no visitors are ever left alone anywhere in the school either.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete10141748 View Post
    We have a badge system in my school.

All staff are supplied with a photo ID card (made by me so I keep track of exactly who should have one and who is waiting) with their name and school logo on it, with a big STAFF label on the bottom of it. This is put into a card holder and word around the neck using a blue lanyard that also has "STAFF" written all over it.

All visitors sign in to the touch-screen register system in reception (that we staff also use), but visitors have a sticker printed from the system automatically which has their name, car registration and "VISITOR" written on it. This is stuck onto a card and put into a card-holder with a red lanyard with "VISITOR" written all over it.

Although we are quite large (around 100 staff) we all know most other staff at least by face if not name, and if we see anyone with a STAFF badge/lanyard that we don't know we do an ID challenge anyway, better safe than sorry. Anyone not wearing a badge at all is to be challenged without fail, and unless the circumstances are exceptional no visitors are ever left alone anywhere in the school either.
    What company supplies this automated system?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast