+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Ergo? in General; Does anyone out there use Ergo workstations? Have to shop around these days, and I was wondering what the opinions ...
    Thank Post

Ergo?

Does anyone out there use Ergo workstations? Have to shop around these days, and I was wondering what the opinions are - if any - of these.

Cheers.

Thank Post
    I had a demo of one of their boxes, looked very good.

3. 2 Thanks to kmount:

AndrewC (23rd February 2011), Gibson335 (10th February 2011)

Thank Post
    Wow that name is a blast from the past!! Back in the day we used Ergo Pro's running 3.1 in the jail

rad
    Thank Post
    We have Ergo laptops, bought i think under the laptop for teacher scheme. Still have them although they are running slowly. I believe the Ergo Ensis S laptops are near enough RM laptops (or visa versa) about 3 years ago.

6. Thanks to rad from:

Gibson335 (10th February 2011)

Thank Post
    We have been using Ergo since the summer as a replacement to buy RM hardware for classroom desktops and staff laptops.
    Initial indications have been very good, and an issues we have had have been dealt with prompty.
    We are again this summer looking at refreshing a couple of old IT suites with Ergo Desking (fixed monitor).
    For those with RM networks, current models of desktops build fine (we have just created driver packages for the GFX and SFX) aswell as the Engage 141 laptops (install Wifi by package - so not to cause issues with RMBuild areas)
    Staff that have had the Engage laptops, having gone through a couple of phases of RM (Compal based) laptops have been impressed on the Ergo models.
    Last edited by Hawkeyez; 10th February 2011 at 11:08 AM.

8. Thanks to Hawkeyez from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeyez View Post
    We have been using Ergo since the summer as a replacement to buy RM hardware for classroom desktops and staff laptops.
    Initial indications have been very good, and an issues we have had have been dealt with prompty.
    We are again this summer looking at refreshing a couple of old IT suites with Ergo Desking (fixed monitor).
    For those with RM networks, current models of desktops build fine (we have just created driver packages for the GFX and SFX) aswell as the Engage 141 laptops (install Wifi by package - so not to cause issues with RMBuild areas)
    Staff that have had the Engage laptops, having gone through a couple of phases of RM (Compal based) laptops have been impressed on the Ergo models.

Gary
    Are you able to provide any more details on the 'issues' you've had?

Cheers.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyJF View Post
    Are you able to provide any more details on the 'issues' you've had?

Cheers.
    We had a monitor fail, was swapped out next day. We also have had the power controller on the desk fail (power daisychains through desk). This was also done within 24hrs.

The ongoing problem we have, isnt Ergos fault, and thats becasuse of the daisychained power, all the data and power goes back to 2 or 3 places in each room. However the data and power cable installers the school used, didnt put in the best place. With this, pupils have been pulling out data cables ect.
    Something that will be addressed better in new rooms, maybe behind a removal vanity panel on some of the desks.
    Last edited by Hawkeyez; 10th February 2011 at 11:08 AM.

11. Thanks to Hawkeyez from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyJF View Post
    Does anyone out there use Ergo workstations? Have to shop around these days, and I was wondering what the opinions are - if any - of these.

Cheers.
    Another company that does the workstations like Ergo is I-Desk. Had them in the last school I worked in.

13. Thanks to Devontechie from:

Thank Post
    In my experiences of Ergo, the hardware seems pretty good, but the service they provide is terrible. Replacing a part they have to do within a set time period, but if you want other support they always tried there hardest to get out of coming to see you and weren't properly able to help over the phone. It was always 'well could you try this and that and see what happens then call us back'. There was never a definitive 'Your problem lies here and this is how you mend it'. Wouldn't touch them. As with any negative post I put about a company - I may have just had a bad experience which is different from the norm and they could actually be quite good, but I did deal with them at two different schools and encountered the same both times.

15. Thanks to anothernickname from:

Thank Post
    Hi,

We've got 400 ish Ergo workstations and we have very few problems with them. in the event of failure they've supplied us with a buffer stock of parts and we swap out the faulty part, send it back to them and they replenish our stock. Very very pleased with them.

If you want to have a chat about Ergo, I'm always happy to sing their praises :-) Drop me a pm and I'll provide you with my phone number.

17. 2 Thanks to Iain.Faulkner:

AndrewC (23rd February 2011), Gibson335 (10th February 2011)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread