+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Teacher IT skill set questionnaire in General; Has anyone made one of these? I've designed a small one but would be interested to see what others have ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Teacher IT skill set questionnaire

Has anyone made one of these?

I've designed a small one but would be interested to see what others have used.

Thank Post
    I did this a while ago, and found the results to be quite unexpected as to what people wanted training in!! My questionnaire is attached for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. 2 Thanks to DSapseid:

jpaterson (10th February 2011), Little-Miss (12th February 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    nice one!! Thanks

Thank Post
    At my old place we did a quiz on Survey Monkey for support staff (part of the Performance Management process) questions provided by our Strat. BM I then collated the results and sent it to the Head of (Teaching) ICT who came up with a 6 month 2hrs/fortnight training schedule. All in house.

I was due to due the CMIS/ePortal bits, then I left.

It was quite surprising how skilled the staff were. At my new place we've recently show teaching staff copy and paste between Word docs. No one had show them before, and there were hand re-typing whole paragraphs of data between one Word doc to another!!!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,158 Posts
    Probably not something to use directly, but you never know it could be handy.
    dida-delivered

At a previous school our KS4 used the Dida course, Diploma of some sort. Part of the purchase was a skills audit that could be done at the start of the course or end of Y9. Yes it was quite dumbed down and aimed at students, however it worked extremely well for teachers, i just created them generic logins to the system, and they were able to go through a range of skills, from Office suite, Filing in folders, to Google searching...

They got a lot out of it, and didn't feel like they were being pressured into admitting weakness in any areas. They rushed through Word, and then carried onto areas of training e.g. Excel, Powerpoint etc. The google search terms one was an eye-opener.

The link seems to have a skills audit for students, but it's chargeable, however may be worth a go.
    The delivered section used to give free access to a range of 'tests' short training exercises. Much like the Microsofts own online learning tool, where you get an interactive version of office to try things in.

At this school we used to run the ICDL course, but that doesn't have much of an audit to it, you just do the modules.

Depending on your staff, you may get them to self-audit using one of these or other tools.

Hope that helps.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread