+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, New car choice- Fiesta zetec-s tdci OR ibiza tdi? in General; Love the mk5 and mk6 golfs and some really great engines but as you said Sirbendy, they have next to ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Love the mk5 and mk6 golfs and some really great engines but as you said Sirbendy, they have next to no devaluation!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 918 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirbendy View Post
    Had a Golf mk5 1.6 FSI DSG for a week, seriously WANT ONE..
    No you don't cheap build quality on that one, save your pennies for a MK6 made the real way, well as close as you get to MK4 build standards which were the best ever on a Golf IMHO.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    No you don't cheap build quality on that one, save your pennies for a MK6 made the real way, well as close as you get to MK4 build standards which were the best ever on a Golf IMHO.
    i was under the impression the mk6 was a cheapened version of the mk5 as it was costing vw too much per car compared to the focus/astras

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I've always thought the mk4s were poor built quality from experience (having owned a mk2,mk3 and mk4) and from the reports and owners threads ive read on the Golf owners forum. MK5s are the best built from what ive heared (havn't owned one). My grandparents have the newest polo tho which seems very well built and very simular to the mk6 golf I think.

Can't fault the quality of the focus was reliable and well built body interiour and engine.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 918 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bondbill2k2 View Post
    I've always thought the mk4s were poor built quality from experience (having owned a mk2,mk3 and mk4) and from the reports and owners threads ive read on the Golf owners forum. MK5s are the best built from what ive heared (havn't owned one). My grandparents have the newest polo tho which seems very well built and very simular to the mk6 golf I think.

Can't fault the quality of the focus was reliable and well built body interiour and engine.
    I've had a MK3 and am on my 2nd MK4 and the MK4 was very much nicer built and trimmed than the MK3 was (and that was when comparing like for like models in my MK3 and orginal MK4). The 3 was good but the 4 is just that bit more luxery and upper-class, feels internally like an Audi did at that time.

The thing that let them down were some slightly tempremental electrics, coil packs on petrol models (but that was across the VAG Group) and in the 150TDI's a habbit of eating cam shafts, tappets. Window regulator clips went ping and crunch too often, water pumps disolving, sensors in coolant expansion tanks packing in, climate control fans going a bit haywire..... ok maybe there are now a range of known issues with them but a good number of them are now racking up the miles, certainly mines done over 100K now so you have to expect a few things to start wearing out but interior wise they are lovely. I tried a MK5 out and internally it was cheap and plasticy, it rattled and was generally cheap, the MK6 has brought back the feel of the MK4 interior which I certainly missed in the MK5.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Almost a year on and i've managed to clock up over 20k, not had to change or repair a thing just service and some new bulbs Great little car but im looking to sell soon get something abit lower miles and a little quicker and better for motorways as previously mentioned a 6th gear would be great. Fuel wise its amazing ive never averaged below 60mpg and I reset the trip each time I filled up, one of the best hands free kits ive ever seen built in too the offical ford optional extra. Im tempted by the ibiza FR diesel again as my next car having been in a friends a few times and a Honda civic 2.2 CDTI, the only problem is the civics are noticably more expensive and a golf is still way out of my price range unless I drop a few years from the fiesta and go for higher miles which I'd rather not!

Oh I did change the wheels a month after buying the car back to ZS alloys and 4 new tyres, now had any buckle problems and I drive on some pretty bumpy country roads daily
    Last edited by bondbill2k2; 11th January 2012 at 09:22 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    having owned both i wouldnt touch the ibiza with a 10ft pole it was a dreadful car badly screwed together rattled diddnt like anything other than a straight line it was a poor car. Currently got an 08 fiesta zetec s only things i will say against it is it needs a 6th gear in the motorway and the wheels appear to be made of butter they seem to be fairly wasy to buckle (and this is also from friends i know with the same car)
    Strange I thought you was talking about my car... I own the Fiesta Titanium model and it makes squeeky noises from the back passenger seat (they couldnt sort this out at the last service) theres a squeek in a wheel some where when turning left a bit (when going slow) again they cant find it because its not happening all the time and theres also a rattle on a bit of plastic at times bottom right of the windscreen (inside plastic).

If I had the chance to get another car I would have, I would of spent more money for the Focus or the Sorroco.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mthomas08 View Post
    Strange I thought you was talking about my car... I own the Fiesta Titanium model and it makes squeeky noises from the back passenger seat (they couldnt sort this out at the last service) theres a squeek in a wheel some where when turning left a bit (when going slow) again they cant find it because its not happening all the time and theres also a rattle on a bit of plastic at times bottom right of the windscreen (inside plastic).

If I had the chance to get another car I would have, I would of spent more money for the Focus or the Sorroco.
    I'd love a sirocco but preowned ones are 12k+ The focus is a great car just make sure you have a high spec model such as the Titanium of Zetec S. My fiesta started a few weeks ago making a squeeky noise form the back too when I have passangers it it more so but it was only MOT'd last month and nothing found.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123