+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, New car choice- Fiesta zetec-s tdci OR ibiza tdi? in General; ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yep Audis in genral have a very high premium both in purchase price (they keep their value well, for an 05-06 tdi with decent milage im looking 7k+ where golfs around 6k+ and fiesta 5k+.

I did some reading on the Fabia Vrs and it seems pretty dam good to be fair, reviewers are all for it and rate everything about it, it packs a real little punch too and will out perform the FR, I would expect simular issues with the fabia as the ibiza tho with the same underpinnings and designed as a "Cheaper VW" but ive not read any bad bits on reliablity/build quality.

Still unsure on the look of them tho, ive seen some nice ones and some dog awful ones

These don't look too bad for example

But the fiesta does look nicer and a remaped fiesta would have around the same power, with remaps only being around £250-300 and insurance specalists like brentacre will allow alot of performance mods and any amount of visual mods (and lowering) with no additional cost, my GF is paying £700 a year at 21 with 1years ncb on her polo 1.4 16v 100bhp, lowered 60mm, tints, smooth grill, sub & stero etc.... all declared, I had a quote from them last year for under 1k on a Fiesta ST (was curious and doing quotes for this year)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    having owned both i wouldnt touch the ibiza with a 10ft pole it was a dreadful car badly screwed together rattled diddnt like anything other than a straight line it was a poor car. Currently got an 08 fiesta zetec s only things i will say against it is it needs a 6th gear in the motorway and the wheels appear to be made of butter they seem to be fairly wasy to buckle (and this is also from friends i know with the same car)
    I would agree here, although I have a 2009 new fiesta titanium and it has started to make a few noises...

Personally if i went back in time I would of upped the money for some thing bigger and better like the Focus, it had many more better reviews then the fiesta.

Although I would shop around but then thats me

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Collecting tomorrow
    1.6 tdci 07 plate model with all extras, bluetooth headset with voice activation, auto wipers, auto lights, climate control, parking sensors

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    That looks nice mate!! bigger rims always set a car of nice i think.. nice one!

Thank Post
    [teacher voice]Remember to declare the aftermarket wheels on the insurance![/teacher voice]

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3s-gtech View Post
    [teacher voice]Remember to declare the aftermarket wheels on the insurance![/teacher voice]
    Thumbs Up!

I declared everything on my car and it did not increase the insurance premium due to it not increasing the performance of the vehicle. So worth doing! :-)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Of course! Alot policys wont change as it has alloys on it already, in fact they are cheaper then fords own wheels. Part of me is unsure about the after market wheels and im tempted to get some normal zs ones or ST wheels.
    Last edited by bondbill2k2; 3rd April 2011 at 10:52 PM.

Thank Post
    I say get the Ibiza, I have the FR but its obviously too late now.

The Ibiza wins easily over the Fiesta in my eyes.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewL View Post

almost everyone i know with a seat has build/reliability issues (tbh same with all vw based cars) the people i know with fords/vauxhalls/citroens combined have more cars and less problems

Quote Originally Posted by bondbill2k2 View Post
    Of course! Alot policys wont change as it has alloys on it already, in fact they are cheaper then fords own wheels. Part of me is unsure about the after market wheels and im tempted to get some normal zs ones or ST wheels.
    they look like 17" rather than the standard 16" though it may just be lowered arch gap looks too small for standard suspension/16"s

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewL View Post

Ive been driving the fiesta over the weekend a fair bit and average MPG hasnt dropped below 53mpg, did over 250 miles on less then half a tank without driving carefully too. It has lots of optional extras including bluetooth handsfree and voice control for all the equiptment including voice control phone dialing (useful) auto wipers, auto lights, parking sensors, climate control, power fold mirrors.

Also that I picked this up for a good 2k less then any 57 reg ibiza FR ive seen for sale and insurance is abit cheaper + £30 tax, even with all mods declared (only £50 more per year for all mods) im paying under £900 at 21 with admiral

Also enquired about remap, puts it up by £60 a year, not too bad but realy enjoy it. Yea standard zetec-s rims would look abit strange and too small, Just looked and ST alloys are 17"

Thank Post
    They look in good nick, but multi-stud fitment wheels don't tend to be the best quality - you may do better to flog them while they're tidy and go for standard Ford. Agreed the ZS wheels look a little too small, 17s would fit nicely, especially with the drop.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Does no one on here drive normal cars I still a driving my 1998 Fiesta with 105,000 miles on the clock. I have owned this since 2007.
    Last edited by nicholab; 4th April 2011 at 09:33 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    the wheels appear to be made of butter they seem to be fairly wasy to buckle
    Both my front tyres had to be hammered back into a circle as they were dented to chuff when I last got my tyres changed - 58 plate!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholab View Post
    Does no one on here drive normal cars I still a driving my 1998 Fiesta with 105,000 miles on the clock. I have owned this since 2007.
    I wasnt after a modded one this just came about at the price time and price, also looking at putting it back to Ford wheels is a step in the normal direction. Its standard kit all but the wheels and lowered 3cm (stiff ride but cant be bothered to spend more money buying the ford springs to put it back to normal). Just needed a nice to drive and economical diesel as for work alone I currently travel 1500 miles per month

The reason it has aftermarket wheels is both front original rims were buckled as a few people have said about on here and these were cheaper and tougher then the originals. The Council paid for them as a pot hole buckled the old ones.
    Last edited by bondbill2k2; 4th April 2011 at 11:12 AM.

Thank Post
    I drive a normal car! 2000 plate Astra 1.6 Auto. Nice, no complaints bar the 280 mile tank range. Had a Golf mk5 1.6 FSI DSG for a week, seriously WANT ONE.

Can't afford it though, they're ruddy expensive even secondhand. That 6 speed DSG box was the sweetest shifting auto I've ever seen, and 110 in 4th says it's got some legs on it..same size tank as the Astra, yet even driven in semi-auto mode (for a play on an empty road at 2am), I still got 400+ miles to a tank. Serious weapon of a car for a boggo 1.6..

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast