+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, RM EasyMail stuffed :( in General; The status this evening: The previously affected mailboxes have been available since 08:45 today (Monday 7th February). Email sent since ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,219 Times in 1,637 Posts
    The status this evening:
    The previously affected mailboxes have been available since 08:45 today (Monday 7th February).

Email sent since Friday has steadily been arriving in mailboxes and we expect it all to be delivered by tomorrow morning.

No email has been lost during this issue.

We've identified a small area of the application that is showing some corruption, which we are taking steps to resolve in the safest way possible.

Our engineers are still working on the platform round the clock. Should we need to perform further maintenance we'll let you know via this page and the EasyMail web interface.

We need to keep the EasyMail Admin site off-line to minimise changes while our work continues. We hope to re-enable this within the next 48 hours. We understand that this will affect your user administration, for which we apologise.
    Another 2 days! I dispute their time-scales... this has been going on since February 3rd

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,411 Times in 1,695 Posts
    Well the problems have had an interesting result here -someone asked me to unblock googlemail as they had received an important email this way due to easymail being down over the weekend. I pointed out that I could only unblock on the curriculum network, not the admin network attached to their computer, so they merrily gave me their password and username so that I could forward the email to a now working easymail account.
    I think the person forgot that you can't forward it unless you open it, and anyway the mere title of the email was..erm...about something that I am sure the person did not want anyone in school to know!!
    Blackmail anyone???

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Blackmail anyone???
    i can help if you would like to be kept out of it - we can split 50/50 if you like

it can then fund my next gadget!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12