+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
General Chat Thread, ICT Technician interview in General; Hi Everyone! first time I have posted here..so be gentle please! I have a interview tomrrow at a school. I ...

Thank Post

Smile ICT Technician interview

Hi Everyone! first time I have posted here..so be gentle please!

I have a interview tomrrow at a school.

I am trying to a find an answer fro the following question.

What would I do if a student fancied me?? help me with this one.

Any other question you would suggest i get my self prepared with. It is a school running on RM network. I have passed my comptia A+ so I have worked on my basic troubleshooting techniques due to a small task in the beggining of the interview!

thanks in advance!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,877 Times in 1,395 Posts
    Blog Entries
    student fancying you, get it documented with head of year, state you find it inappropriate, avoid contact with said person, or have some with you as much as possible when there is a possibility of you dealing with this person so you cannot be accused of anything inappropriate.

learn basics of server 2003, active directory etc, i know RM has their own way of doing it but having grounding principles in place never hurts!

3. Thanks to nephilim from:

kartikt (2nd February 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 1,030 Posts
    It's always one of them situations which is very hard to give advice for as it always varies depending on the situation - but I would suggest never been in a room alone with a pupil - even if the student did nor didn't fancy you. The second one would be inform the designated person about the situation at the earliest opertunity (you should be told who the designated person is when you do induction/child protection training).

another piece of advice is join a union! with working in a school its just a risk that wouldn't be taken! (only if you get the job obviuously!)

Plus welcome to Edugeek and Good Luck

5. Thanks to glennda from:

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 1,344 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kartikt View Post
    It is a school running on RM network.
    You have my condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by kartikt View Post
    I am trying to a find an answer fro the following question.

What would I do if a student fancied me?? help me with this one.
    I pretty much got asked this question.

I think the correct answer is go to the Headteacher/Child protection officer and don't allow yourself to be in a position where you are alone.

7. Thanks to X-13 from:

hey hey hey, stay outta my shed. STAY OUT OF MY SHED.
    Thank Post
    Its important to realise (and mention) that this is an important part of safeguarding (I put that link in there to show that this is taken seriously in education, I'm not suggesting you should memorise those reports!). There's a friendly definition here. Explain that you realise that safeguarding is extremely important, and chip in with the advice you already have and say that you know they will have a formal set of procedures to follow.

USE THE WORD SAFEGUARDING AS PART OF YOUR ANSWER.

I'm serious - I've been on the interviewer's side of the table and they will need to hear a statement that you understand safeguarding is one of the most important parts of working in education - as important as the actual work you are doing in fact.

Oh yes, good luck and remember you are interviewing them too (can you work with these people) and remember that they are interviewing for staff because they have a problem they are trying to solve. Show them how you solve their problem. I don't mean go mad, but concentrate on what they're asking about and think about what they need to hear and answer along those lines.
    Last edited by Roberto; 2nd February 2011 at 10:26 PM.

9. Thanks to Roberto from:

Thank Post
    special thanks to Roberto, nephilim, glenda and x-13!!! you guys are god to me!!! Wish me good luck! Will report back if I got the job. Just to let you know the interview is at Colonel Frank Seeley School ...anyone worked there or know anyone who works there??

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    i know RM has their own way of doing it but having grounding principles in place never hurts!
    actually it does if you continue to use RM, as changes made to AD without going through the RM console then break the RM console. So your initial instinct to do something in AD then causes probs with RM.

Kartikt: yeah I know the network manager there. he's a sound bloke (although by the time you read this you'll probably already have had the interview).

rad
    Thank Post
    Another good answer about that is to "follow the child protection policy". OH sister went for an interview at a school and gave that answer, it stumped the interviewee as it wasn't what he was expecting. He was waiting for the lines "I would do this, this etc".

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 1,344 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rad View Post
    Another good answer about that is to "follow the child protection policy". OH sister went for an interview at a school and gave that answer, it stumped the interviewee as it wasn't what he was expecting. He was waiting for the lines "I would do this, this etc".
    Usual response to that would be "Which is...?"

They want actual answers, not just specific words.

Thank Post
    Yes, this question is a familiar one. The answers stated are correct.. I had one not so long ago where a girl (forget which year, think 10/11) came into the office (just me on the desk, NM was out) and asked me if I believed in "love at first sight.". This is someone who tends to go red etc if I speak to them, and was really looking all over the room when asking which I flagged as suspicious. I kept it lighthearted and said "Yes! I felt like that when I first saw my daughter."

I then said "Mind you, i'm an old fart (33, thanks)...my idea of lovely these days is a pair of slippers, a good book and a cup of hot chocolate..". She wandered off shortly after, so I did my bit and informed our student services via e-mail to cover my back.

Thank Post
    Break into a musical number singing "Don't Stand So Close to Me/ Young Girl" ala Glee?

Thank Post
    actually it does if you continue to use RM, as changes made to AD without going through the RM console then break the RM console. So your initial instinct to do something in AD then causes probs with RM.
    Depends on what you are doing. Some things can be done in AD without breaking the RMMC.

Good luck with the interview! Is this fancying question something they're asking in your interview?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydra View Post
    Break into a musical number singing "Don't Stand So Close to Me/ Young Girl" ala Glee?
    Unless it's a guy who fancies you...

18. Thanks to timzim from:

Edu-IT (3rd February 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    Usual response to that would be "Which is...?"

They want actual answers, not just specific words.
    my answer would be: I would expect to be informed of any important policies the school adheres to if I got the job, I would assume there would be a member of staff who could give me advice which I could follow.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydra View Post
    lol excellent

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast