+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
General Chat Thread, ICT Technician interview in General; Depends on the school regarding the people interviewing as I have been for a few IT Technician Interviews now myself, ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,107 Times in 1,014 Posts
    Depends on the school regarding the people interviewing as I have been for a few IT Technician Interviews now myself, obviously depending on the job requirements as well

1. Some will do practical test ie base unit with the network cable not all the way pushed in , no ram or ram not seated properly and the likes to test your basic trouble shooting skills

2. Some will have a written test ie

* printer not working for head teacher
    * classroom of students can't logon
    * etc

order the above in the order you think would be the correct order to deal with said events, I got caught out with this one once, it was class room of students as the teaching of the students is the most important, the head teacher can use another printer so I think this one was left until last ie get them to use a memory stick or access the work from there home area and the other item was 2nd in the list ( if memory serves me correctly )

Some schools will do a combination, some practical and some written test and then obviously the more experience you have the harder the questions and the type of questions will vary ie dhcp, group policy, active directory etc etc

Obviously with it being for an IT tech I think active directory and maybe some basic knowledge of dhcp, ip address and what they are may be involved but not sure
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 4th February 2011 at 04:42 PM.

Thank Post
    Thank you very much everyone for your input!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,467 Times in 1,219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kartikt View Post
    Thank you very much everyone for your input!
    Congrats

So when do you start? Are you going to move? Did you get any feedback from the interview yet?

Most importantly, did they hire someone else as well or is there another job going?

hey hey hey, stay outta my shed. STAY OUT OF MY SHED.
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kartikt View Post
    yes...and i got the job!
    Great stuff! Congrats http://www.edugeek.net/images/smilies/wink.png

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sippo View Post
    My answer would be 'Not worried about the students, but am extremely worried when the female staff take a shine...'

Seriously though, it's a difficult one. Just have to act professional.
    that, that is very true

Thank Post
    Well 'Geek is tres chic

Thank Post
    Just caugt up with this thread as I dont come on often, but my comment that has now been removed was just a joke and defo not to be taken seriously.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    Congrats

So when do you start? Are you going to move? Did you get any feedback from the interview yet?

Most importantly, did they hire someone else as well or is there another job going?
    start on the 8/03/2011. I am stuck in a dilema...I live in Birmingham and have house on mortgage. I am planning to go up and down the motorway everyday whcih will cost me 280 every month. I have even thought about stayng there but will cost same (room rent + bills+ food) ...I even have a wife and 2 kids!!!

help...what should I do.. I currently work as a CCTV operative at a transport company in birmingham and will get the same salary as a ICT Technician (£15700).

any input will be good....I am stuck in a very difficult situation!!! I love IT and its my passion. I ahve been trying for the past 3 yrs to get into it. Recently I started wroking voluntary as a IT technician in a compnay near me for 6months and I believe that gave me the interview....SHOULD I GO FOR IT OR NOT???

Thank Post
    Go for it. If it's your passion, it's very hard to find work these days. I would take the job, and work out the other issues. If you can put up with the travel, then it's not too much cost, compared to the effort and cost of moving there. Where is this school, how far?

I think you did the right thing, volunteering to get experience, and at last it's paid off. Think carefully about the impact on your life, financially and personally, because if you turn it down, another opportunity may not arise for a while.

Good luck. How long do you have to decide?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    Go for it. If it's your passion, it's very hard to find work these days. I would take the job, and work out the other issues. If you can put up with the travel, then it's not too much cost, compared to the effort and cost of moving there. Where is this school, how far?

I think you did the right thing, volunteering to get experience, and at last it's paid off. Think carefully about the impact on your life, financially and personally, because if you turn it down, another opportunity may not arise for a while.

Good luck. How long do you have to decide?
    hi thanks for that vikpaw!! has really lift my spirit! just speaking to my wife...looking at the working tax credit and child tax credit...I will be able to afford it! So good news...will take the job!!! It is in Calverton...Colonel Frank Seeley School. I have to tell 2morrow! I will give my notice in tomrrow!

My plan is to stay there for 6 months or 1 yr and then find another job in Birmingham! wish me luck on my new job! thanks once again vikpaw!!

Thank Post
    You're welcome mate, but don't make such definite plans for the future (not publicly anyway). i would see out the rest of this year and the next at the very least. once you're in education, you'll get hopelessly addicted to it. For all the downsides, there is a large amount of flexibility, and opportunity to be creative, and create your own bespoke solutions, come up with something ingenious, look at us all here, it's amazing.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234