+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, Proxy site for blocking in General; FYI Tom, SurfControl have an ISA/server Solution, they also have an appliance AND an on-demand service, off the infrastrure. Huge ...

Thank Post

Re: Proxy site for blocking

FYI Tom, SurfControl have an ISA/server Solution, they also have an appliance AND an on-demand service, off the infrastrure.

Huge advocate off them as they can cater to any problem: endpoint, server or in the cloud!

Thank Post

Rob: I have seen their new appliance at RSA - and to be honest I was not hugely impressed - its just ISA with SC on a piece of dramatically ugly hardware

Not had chance to look into on-demand stuff though, never been a great fan, but its something i'm willing to be persuaded on

Thank Post

Tom:Have you caught wind of their new appliance coming soon aparently, quoting May time I think. Sexy looking box! 2 x Av vendors on board + their threat database. Sounds good, we'll have to wait and see.

The on demand solution is ex-blackspider, Surf bought them out late last year, very impressive indeed. On demand is huge in private sector. Seeing a lot of councils now looking at on demand, only a matter of time before the public sector catches up with the private one! Just hope the budgets can keep up!!!

Thank Post

robiano: what do you mean on demand?

Thank Post

barone:On demand = Is the term given to a service that is available as and when you want it all you need to do is turn it on. Like the new on demand tv services popping up now, watch a film as and when you want to. When applied to IT security this term basically means 'off your network'. An on demand service is delivered at the internet layer, therefore, taking away ANY need for hardware or software on the infrastucture.

It is very popular in the private sector because it removes the complexity of having to deal with the problem(re:spam, av, email content, web access and content, web threats) and is backed up by SLA's(service level agreements).
    SurfControl's on demand email service, Mailcontrol, carries a number of SLA's 99.999% availability, 95% spam removal, 100% virus protection etc etc.

Hope this helps....

Thank Post

ahh yes, cool I get it... yeah - a managed service - something like what Messagelabs have been offering for years. You can divert your DNS on your mail and web through their service. Sounds good on the surface, but I like having a bit more control over the security, and to be able to walk over to my servers and manage them myself where necessary.
    cheers
    baronne

Thank Post

On-demand mail makes sense to me - but on-demand web (which is "pull" rather than "push") and often requires tighter integration with local servers never really does it for me - though as I said, i'm willing to be converted. I really should sign up for a few and have a poke about!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information