+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Favorite feelings... in General; the feeling of "ahhhhhhh" is what i can sumarise my mood as right now. It's a friday, i've finished an ...
    Thank Post

Favorite feelings...

the feeling of "ahhhhhhh" is what i can sumarise my mood as right now.

It's a friday, i've finished an hour early, it's sunny out... glorious, It's been a sodding stressful week, but somehow seeing the sun shineing upon leaving my dungeon like office my mood was lifted so much.

What gives you that glorious feeling of "ahhhhhhhhh"?

Now i just need a pint....

Thank Post
    I'm with you on that, the Crunchie Friday feeling has hit me. I'm off out with the better half later, going away tomorrow night and going to see Manchester City vs Notts County on Sunday. Thoroughly looking forward to my weekend. Might even treat myself and have my first pint of 2011 :-)

It has been helped though that this morning I picked up a hire car for use whilst mine is being repaired....the kidn souls have only given me a BMW 320 M Sport as a replacement for my Honda Civic! I can't wait to drive that around all weekend :-)

Roll on 3.30 :-)

Thank Post
    spent 3 hours searching for bug in our online system which was overwriting kids Personal statements the day before it they needed to be complete. finding and fixing the bug lead to an awesome ahhhhhh yes its done!

Thank Post
    We are going to the seaside on Sunday - . Weston-super-Mare . To visit my mother in law. Nuff said!

Thank Post
    You know, I'd have much more of that Friday feeling if I still have my convertible to drive round in .. selling it to pay for the Discovery (that is frankly more sensible for the lovely snowy weather and where I live) but if I still have the Bertone on the road, I'd be wrapping up warm, putting the roof down and speeding my way home with some decent music blasting out ..

The wife has decided she's keeping her convertible and will no doubt be gloating she's had "her top down" all day (yes, I do tell her to say she's had the car's roof down as having her top down makes her sound a bit free .. lol)

-28 31' 48.89", +28 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    We are going to the seaside on Sunday - . Weston-super-Mare . To visit my mother in law. Nuff said!
    Sea Side??? Has it moved. It's not called Weston Super Mud for nothing.

Thank Post
    its pub friday!!! some of the new science birds started going pub after work and its 'snowballed' (icky i fill dirty for using a buzz word) now expect to see drunked comments on here later as we are all making a night of it! huzar

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aptproductions View Post
    The wife has decided she's keeping her convertible and will no doubt be gloating she's had "her top down" all day (yes, I do tell her to say she's had the car's roof down as having her top down makes her sound a bit free .. lol)
    Roof down and top down, now that could get interesting!!!

Thank Post
    Just came back from the pub, tried a new beer tonight called "beast" it was a tasty 6.6% dark ale that has left me feeling mildly pished

Wonderful evening with friends and family, something i haven't done in a very long time (over 2 months = very long time at the tender age of 23 )

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
    Just came back from the pub, tried a new beer tonight called "beast" it was a tasty 6.6% dark ale that has left me feeling mildly pished
    That wasn't from the Exmoor brewery by any chance, was it? If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's a rather nice pint! Another strong ale that I really enjoyed - and it had very nice fruity flavour to it was the 'Christmas' brew from Harvey's Brewery in Lewes, Sussex.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nsherin View Post
    That wasn't from the Exmoor brewery by any chance, was it? If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's a rather nice pint! Another strong ale that I really enjoyed - and it had very nice fruity flavour to it was the 'Christmas' brew from Harvey's Brewery in Lewes, Sussex.
    I was too fixed on getting the pint down my neck to focus on where it was from if im honest

Hadn't seen it around here before though, every now and again the local wetherspoons gets a new ale or two in and it's always nice to try the new ones, i definitely put beast up there with newcastle brown ale and bishops finger in my favorites though.

Thank Post
    Yep, Wetherspoons do get some good ales in - I think it was there I sampled Exmoor Beast. Bishops Finger is always good, along with Abbots, Old Speckled Hen, Green King, Ruddles and Tanglefoot.

Typing that has made me thirsty, so I think I'll go and grab a beer!

Thank Post
    Oooo tanglefoot, not had that in a while, of those you listed the only one i've never had is green king. The only i don't like is speckled hen....for some reason i've never liked the after taste o_O

Thank Post
    My favourite beers at the moment are any from Ossett Brewery, fantastic stuff. Don't think you'll find them down your way though, they're mainly just in West Yorkshire.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nsherin View Post
    Ooh how strange. I was in Lewes last Sunday, weekend by the sea in Brighton visiting my bro. Saw Harvey's but didn't go in due to being accompanied by seven year old niece. What a lovely place Lewes is. Lots of super places to eat and drink, but ended up in Prezzo to accommodate niece's dietary requirements, with a glass of Pinot Grigio (the P-G was my dietary requirement, not hers) (I think it was Prezzo, but now I begin to doubt myself - we looked at so many....!)

Oops nearly forgot. Beer of choice (though I have reached 'an age' where my preference is for wine) would have to be anything from the Adnams Brewery in Southwold - preferably drunk in Southwold. (Drunk as in 'to drink' rather than 'drunken', in Southwold).
    Last edited by GeeHubb; 30th January 2011 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Added a bit

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast