+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Facebook: Just can't be bothered! in General; Hiya all, Iv been a facebook user for a about 3 years now, however recently I really cant be bothered ...

Thank Post

Facebook: Just can't be bothered!

Hiya all,

Iv been a facebook user for a about 3 years now, however recently I really cant be bothered with it. when I go on there it usually takes me about 2 minutes to skim through it maybe im not using it right or something.

Just wondered if any others feel the same way about it, and how it fits into others dailyroutines?
    Last edited by Bugs; 19th January 2011 at 10:26 AM.

Thank Post
    I disabled my account for a few weeks, then had to go back on to look into something for work and have staye dback on there. I don't think I would use it as much if I didn't have access on my phone, though when I do go on it's usually a quick scan, maybe a few comments and that's it. No games, etc!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Hiya all,

Iv been a facebook user for a about 3 years now, however recently I really cant be bothered with it. I find people just post complete rubbish on it, which takes me about 2 minutes to skim through when I go into it (which isnt very often) maybe im not using it right or something.

Just wondered if any others feel the same way about it, and how it fits into others dailyroutines?
    I mainly use it for two reasons.

1) To stay up to date with my niece and nephew - I can see photo's, paintings, videos etc when my brother/sister-in-law posts them up
    2) As secretary of a football club, to get quick messages out to footballers such as training times etc.

Other than that, it's a load of crap.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 1,030 Posts
    The problem is there is now to many scams happening on it - and also peoples games which randomly post stuff on there walls which is really annoying becuase you end up with 2/3rds of a page of useless rubbish!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,604 Posts
    I have an account and use it. I also have a a very small circle of 'friends'

My family is scattered across the UK, the nearest living 90 miles from us. I also have an uncle living in Tenerife.
    My best friend from school lives in California and another close friend near Brisbane (a dry bit, luckily)
    I have an assortment of other friends all of whom are close friends that I am rarely able to see mostly because we live too far apart.

I'm not friends with anyone I see regularly apart from my children, including colleagues! My teenagers allow me to be friends, but I have set it up so their inane comments don't appear on my news-feed... I can over go have a look if I'm minded to. I'm rarely minded to, they're at an age where I trust them more now.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    The problem is there is now to many scams happening on it - and also peoples games which randomly post stuff on there walls which is really annoying becuase you end up with 2/3rds of a page of useless rubbish!
    i totally agree!

Like Comment
    * MK-2 found a brown spotted cow in Farmville

Thank Post
    +1 for glennda's comment, my mom and sister are nightmares for spamming other people's walls with useless rubbish about game scores and the like....

I mainly use it to keep a track on family and friends in other countries (it's nice to see what they are getting up to etc) and the usual group messages that go to friends to organise outings or general gettogethers (had one just this morning about a surprise 30th Birthday party)

Otherwise nothing else really, I get really annoyed at those who bitch or constantly moan, oh, and ritin ow day iz talkin innit...

Had one of my friends(!) the other day moaning that her benefits had been cut off because she was now fit for work (after having an operation) but she was choosing not to work... I mean really!!!

I used to love facebook, but now it's a place where everyone can see my photos and I can see theirs...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,255 Times in 786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    @derek_bertelsen Twitter makes me love people I've never met and Facebook makes me hate people I know in real life
    never a truer word spoken..

Thank Post
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank Post
    Then just filter that stuff out? i use fb on a daily basis, like to keep up to date with family and friends, like sharing photos and having discussions on things, banter about footy etc i like the whole mass debate thing where everyone on my list can join in the chats etc

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    A roll of 'canoe tape' is essential to slalomists for ad-hoc repairs, especially during competitions! Glass-fibre repairs are preferable, but slalom boats are built for lightness, so they need permanent repair with great care to keep the weight down.
    are we feeling a little lost today?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    are we feeling a little lost today?
    I have no idea how that happened I was working on one thread posted and it appearedc on this one

I was even quoting a post earlier in another thread!

Thank Post
    I've had an account since it first started, when it was only for uni students. Haven't checked it in months. My friends have now realised that I dont check it and text me instead. The only reason I haven't deleted it all together is that I have uni friends on there that I would lose contact with - people change mobile numbers etc, although as i haven't been on for months maybe that counts as losing contact... :S

Thank Post
    The best thing I found was the ignore app function. Took some time and just went through setting all the *ville and * Town apps to ignore and never allow to darken my door step again. Bliss. Every now and then when a new one crops up I do the same. Keeps it cleaner and less annoying.

15. Thanks to TechMonkey from:

akidosaint (19th January 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TechMonkey View Post
    The best thing I found was the ignore app function. Took some time and just went through setting all the *ville and * Town apps to ignore and never allow to darken my door step again. Bliss. Every now and then when a new one crops up I do the same. Keeps it cleaner and less annoying.
    I was very pleased when I found that too... Farmville banished forever!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast