+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Best comments you've heard in the Tech Office...? in General; I've had one teacher asking me to sort out her visualiser, as it wasn't projecting to the screen, and the ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,901 Times in 1,314 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've had one teacher asking me to sort out her visualiser, as it wasn't projecting to the screen, and the cause of the problem was just the fact the AV cables weren't attached.

I had another almost in tears because her computer wasn't turning on when she had reports to do [which were late]... Turned out it wasn't plugged.

Thank Post
    heres a good one

teacher sits down inbetween 2 machines and loads up hes laptop starts doing work

teacher : my laptop isnt working and its frozen , i havent saved my work that i have been doing for the last hour
    tech : ill have a look , moves mouse PAD on laptop ...looks fine to me
    teacher: Teacher sits down holds the external mouse from the pc next to him trys and moves it . Sorry its still doing it !

Must say i have done it a few times with my servers .. But its quite funny

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    One student was in our office earlier this week and thought our mini fridge was cool (wouldn't expect it to be warm!), and didn't know what Mad Cow's Disease was and thought we'd made the name up.

We also have small Unison stress pigs suspended from the ceiling with paper wings mounted on their backs (flying pigs!) which is an amusing topic of conversation (sometimes) to those who notice

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    One student was in our office earlier this week and thought our mini fridge was cool (wouldn't expect it to be warm!), and didn't know what Mad Cow's Disease was and thought we'd made the name up.

We also have small Unison stress pigs suspended from the ceiling with paper wings mounted on their backs (flying pigs!) which is an amusing topic of conversation (sometimes) to those who notice
    4 years ago I went to an RM conference and they gave away an RM teddybear to all attendee's.
    For 3 years that bear was subjected to the evil doings of myself, the other techie and the Network manager....

Over the 3 years the bear was:
    Crucified
    Hung
    Used rather inventively as the xmas tree angel
    Archery Target practise
    Body piercings
    Door wedge
    And eventually, it was hung from the ceiling with an arrow through it's chest...

Till one day a teacher rescued it and refused to return it (that might be because we threatened to finish it as a guy fawkes and set fire to it the day they pulled out the RM network). I miss that bear, and the RM network has since been removed

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,647 Times in 2,249 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydra View Post
    Till one day a teacher rescued it and refused to return it (that might be because we threatened to finish it as a guy fawkes and set fire to it the day they pulled out the RM network). I miss that bear, and the RM network has since been removed
    I offered (the Principal) to buy the old Toshiba photocopier that we finally replaced from the school so I could treat it to a propper and deserved farewell of me burning it and posting the video on youtube. Unfourtunatly they sold it to someone else, I don't miss that copier though, not at all.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,236 Times in 784 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    I offered (the Principal) to buy the old Toshiba photocopier that we finally replaced from the school so I could treat it to a propper and deserved farewell of me burning it and posting the video on youtube. Unfourtunatly they sold it to someone else, I don't miss that copier though, not at all.
    Surely there's more creative methods?

Maybe coat some gloss paper in petrol, let them feed through it so when they hit the fuser they catch light?

hmmmm......

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,647 Times in 2,249 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Surely there's more creative methods?

Maybe coat some gloss paper in petrol, let them feed through it so when they hit the fuser they catch light?

hmmmm......
    I spent the entire lifespan of that thing imagining different ways to destroy it, elevator shaft, a nice trip or two around the block tied to the back of my car, thermite burn off, arc welder output into the mains plug etc. etc. but I only had a short time to convey my concise opinion in the hopes that a Toshiba printing device never enters the school again.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydra View Post
    4 years ago I went to an RM conference and they gave away an RM teddybear to all attendee's.
    For 3 years that bear was subjected to the evil doings of myself, the other techie and the Network manager....
    We still have one of those, though our other techie, Tallan, has adopted him as his own and is very protective over it It gets used as a whiteboard rubber usually. The last time I saw it, it was lying in a biscuit tin. Which I haven't seen for a while...

Thank Post
    We had a fault report in stating "Mouse dripping brown liquid, possible H&S problem". On investigation the roof was leaking above the mouse, leaving it in a brown puddle.

Thank Post
    One of our Tech offices last year had a faculty member show up to the office with a microwave asking if they could fix it .... I guess everyone think that if it plugs into the wall that we would service it?

Loan behold they were politely told NO!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 954 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    One of our Tech offices last year had a faculty member show up to the office with a microwave asking if they could fix it .... I guess everyone think that if it plugs into the wall that we would service it?

Loan behold they were politely told NO!

It's called buying a new one ( not for the user , I mean as in the user buying one )

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    It's called buying a new one ( not for the user , I mean as in the user buying one )
    if only we could get replacement users im sure some are defective lol

Thank Post
    As I sit here, I kid you not, I overheard one snippet of a conversation by some 8-9 year old boys outside my office...

"You should see my horse..."

That was all I could catch of the whole conversation.

Am I the only sick-of-mind person that jumped straight to "MMMM Sweet Lemonade!"

14. Thanks to Rydra from:

CAM (28th January 2011)

Thank Post
    Ok so I had a god one yesterday ..... We had someone into the office with an email issue & we helped but then the question was asked

"I was in the computer area this morning but I think I shutdown the computer (Mac) rather than logging out, is that ok?"

I said yes, this is fine, the next person will just need to turn the computer on but at least it was not left logged in. The user then said

"well, I realized I didn't logout of that computer a hour or so later so I went back to it and it was still off. To make sure I was logged out I turned the computer back on, logged into the computer then chose "logout" to make sure I was logged out, is that ok?"

My reply, yes............ yes that was ok you are now logged out.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,303 Times in 1,620 Posts
    TBF there are some websites that you have to logout of rather than just shut down - otherwise you are logged in when you go back to it - maybe he or she was thinking of that sort of thing?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast