+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, http://www.total-cvs.co.uk/ - anyone used ? in General; Has anyone used Total CVs ? Total CVs: Free CV review, bespoke professional CVs, Graduate CVs, executive CVs, cover letters ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts

http://www.total-cvs.co.uk/ - anyone used ?

Has anyone used Total CVs ?

Total CVs: Free CV review, bespoke professional CVs, Graduate CVs, executive CVs, cover letters and more.

If so - any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank Post
    Never used one of these sites, plenty of free advice out there on how to set up your cv the same anyway, i have enough calls from my CV as it is.

But this i can't work out of it worries me or seems like a good idea....

CV Writing Pricing | Total CVs

Their pricing page shows 3 packages for 4 levels of experience, and EVERY one of them says "Quotation given after free CV review"

WHAT'S THE POINT IN A PRICING PAGE THAT HAS NO PRICES ON!

Thank Post
    I had a reply about my CV and it scored quite low 16/30 [ not surprising, the last time I was in the job market was 6 years ago and I have kept the same format etc ]
    I am wondering if it's worth a punt at 30

Total CVs: Free CV review, bespoke professional CVs, Graduate CVs, executive CVs, cover letters and more.

Should have prices......

Thank Post
    Reed had an offer of a free review from "The fullercv" or similar. I signed up went through the steps and then it asked me to call a phone number and tell them my reference, then they would talk me through a review. I couldn't be bothered at the time and have since landed a new job so not too worried.

Thank Post
    I didn't but two of my friends did and they said that were completely useless and pretty unprofessional and just use templates even though they advertise bespoke cv's - both of their cv's were almost identicle. Me and a group of friends used The Successful CV Company, thesuccessfulcv[dot]com who spent loads of time talking through everything and they offer things like twelve months unlimited updates and editing to your cv at no extra cost. They have lots of extras that persuaded me and my mates to buy off them.

Thank Post
    Seems a bit silly to pay for it when there are so many free resources out there (granted, you have to sort through the rubbish and ignore American orientated advice) and of course advice from Edugeek members

Thank Post
    I used the Fuller CV a few years ago but don't think I would recommend them. Initially I thought they were quite good but when I received the CV the metadata had some random person's name in and I didn't actually seem to be getting anywhere with job applications. They have some guarantee which involves sending them details of jobs you have applied for and why you didn't get them and it was obvious that they didn't read things properly. The response I got was "these jobs all require knowledge and experience of Active Directory" so then pointed out to them that this was clearly mentioned in my CV. I would have pursued it but got a job through completing an application form.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I find the best way to get CV's checked and to get tips is if you know anyone in HR etc.. (Not at your employer, friends, friends of friends etc...) They usually will help you out for the cost of a pint.

Thank Post
    I had an initial review from them. It was pretty harsh for a CV that has never fasiled to get me an interview, but I wanted a second opinion.

I checked the LinkedIn profile of the guy who did the initial review (via the link he put on his company email signature). He has been with the company for three months, has only been working since 2009 and has previously worked as a receptionist and a conference helper. No prior experience of CVs.

In fact his own LinkedIn profile was so appallingly written that I sent him a series of amendments to incorporate!

He has zero qualifications and zero experience and has the cheek to to critique a CV that he clearly has no understanding of.

Therefore I would advise steering well clear of this company given the quality of the free CV review. They are liable to do more harm than good.

Thank Post
    or you could offer @witch some incentives and see if she will help you out?

Thank Post
    I would advise extreme caution concerning this company. I have just had a letter sent to their offices marked as 'return to sender, gone away'. The product they provide is also inferior. I erred into buying one of their CV's and was advised later by someone in recruitment that the CV I used was awful and they re-did it for me. As suggested the internet is full of useful advice if prepared to take the slightly longer route and not use shortcuts.

Thank Post
    Hi All ! I'd just like to thank everyone for saving me 99.95 ! Yes, I'm desperately fed-up with Recruitment sites & Consultants, who can't be bothered to read {or don't know how & what to read for ? } Cv's ! ! !

Several different 'Consultants' complain my Cv is not what is expected, but hey, I've worked in umpteen differeny posts since I finished my Mechanical apprenticeship { quarter CENTURY ago ! !} I guess there are good reviewers out there, but in the main, I thank the majority of you who advise along the lines of " a fool and his money are soon parted ! " Thanks all !

Thank Post
    Another one for witch she seems to give some sensible advice and has looked at a few peoples CV's for them so might worth a try if she isn't to busy and is willing to help.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,674 Posts
    Can I just point out that this is an old thread and I did indeed sort out a cv for @mattx which I think helped get him a job.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Can I just point out that this is an old thread and I did indeed sort out a cv for @mattx which I think helped get him a job.
    Indeed it did..... :-)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast