+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Pizza.. in General; Originally Posted by aerospacemango I'm pretty sure that you could make a video about MOST companies activities, couldn't you? Are ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aerospacemango View Post
    I'm pretty sure that you could make a video about MOST companies activities, couldn't you?

Are there ANY companies that are 100% clean?

Do you source everything from 100% ethical companies? Otherwise that's a moot point that you've made.

Barclays in South Africa (during apartheid), McDonalds, all over the place etc etc etc
    I agree that no company can claim to be 100% clean (that's why Mark Thomas is still in business lol), but someones idea of ethical may differ to the next persons. Some people may feel more strongly about a certain issue and dismiss another -and why did I just have to look up the word moot lmfao!

Thank Post
    Maybe my local one if just rubbish, but all this Dominos lovin' doesn't make sense to me, they're horrible.

Thank Post
    Domino's pizza I feel is one of the better take away pizzas. Sure there are local kebab shops that do their own cheaper pizzas but they just don't taste anywhere near as good! Asda's make your own pizzas are actually rather good for the price (steak & cheese on a BBQ base & stuffed crust!)

There has been one or two times where I have polished off a large Domino's big smoky single handedly (with 2 or 3 slices left for breakfast ) and it's lush at the time, but when it all comes back later the following day, I instantly regret it! :O

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K.C.Leblanc View Post
    . . . . . . but all this Dominos lovin' doesn't make sense to me, they're horrible.
    I have to second that. I feel that a Dominos pizza couldn't be further from a real pizza if it tried!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bodminman View Post
    I have to second that. I feel that a Dominos pizza couldn't be further from a real pizza if it tried!
    There are worse, Pizza Hut and their plastic cheese for example

Thank Post
    Can't beleive we're on page 3 of this thread and no-one has used the smiley yet!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 794 Posts
    I used to regularly tuck into a pizza at least most weeks whilst watching a film. That is until I went to Italy in 2001 to visit the Italian side of the wifes family. The first night there we had a pizza at a local trattoria which blew my mind and only cost 5euro! Been back over there 7 times since and the last price I paid was 6.5euro.

After that I haven't been able to part with my 10+ for a sub standard one! Sorry!
    Best pizza I ever had was in Sicily a couple of years ago, they were absolutely incredible and around about 5 euro each too, cannot beat them. Since that I've had to look at British pizza as a completely different kind of food: it's not in the same league!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    Asda's make your own pizzas are actually rather good for the price (steak & cheese on a BBQ base & stuffed crust!)
    I came in here to say this very thing. They're SUPERB! Every weekend I allow myself a cheat meal, and for less than 4 you get more than you can eat in one go! Add a tomato or some hot sauce and you're laughing.

Beware that American Hot one, if you're too heavy handed with the Encona that reverberates if you get my meaning.

Thank Post
    19 quid for a pizza, you won the lottery or something, or overpaid Our local pizza shop sells a 12" for 3.50 between 3pm and 8pm, not as nice as Domino pizza but they are not far short.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsnetman View Post
    19 quid for a pizza, you won the lottery or something, or overpaid Our local pizza shop sells a 12" for 3.50 between 3pm and 8pm, not as nice as Domino pizza but they are not far short.
    . . . and I bet there are no rats or cats anywhere near that pizza establishment!

Thank Post
    . . . and I bet there are no rats or cats anywhere near that pizza establishment!
    They are tasty if cooked right

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsnetman View Post
    I wish, but neither of those I'm afraid! Just very picky with what I eat, and eyes bigger than my stomach! lol

Thank Post
    I got hooked on Domino's when my gf was down in Canterbury @ uni - the domino's there is amazing! One recently opened near me though, and it's rubbish :-(

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 794 Posts
    Now I think that that's a misconception caused by the likes of Domino's and Pizza Hut. How much does a bit of dough, cheese, pizza sauce and veg really cost when bought in the quantities that these shops buy it? The independent shops aren't ridiculously cheap, the large chains are just ridiculously expensive!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Now I think that that's a misconception caused by the likes of Domino's and Pizza Hut. How much does a bit of dough, cheese, pizza sauce and veg really cost when bought in the quantities that these shops buy it? The independent shops aren't ridiculously cheap, the large chains are just ridiculously expensive!
    Very true and the original quote was to be taken 'Tongue in cheek'.

After all, pizza was and in some places is still classed as peasant food. I find it staggering that people pay more than 5 for a pizza that costs no more than a 1 to make!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast