+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 268
General Chat Thread, Nephilims Fact of the Day in General; I want to goto america and get arrested/imprisoned for stealing toothpicks. I don't know why, but it sounds like one ...
  1. #91


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,105
    Thank Post
    256
    Thanked 450 Times in 251 Posts
    Rep Power
    141
    I want to goto america and get arrested/imprisoned for stealing toothpicks.

    I don't know why, but it sounds like one of those funny things you want to say.... like "I work in IT"

  2. #92

    nephilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dunstable
    Posts
    11,775
    Thank Post
    1,623
    Thanked 1,877 Times in 1,395 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    422
    Wikipedia is not the best source..on the US state department website, it states on there that the law was passed to become a federal law (which gets put country wide) in 2008. This is going on memory, I will try to dig up the source soon

  3. Thanks to nephilim from:

    RabbieBurns (11th February 2011)

  4. #93

    nephilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dunstable
    Posts
    11,775
    Thank Post
    1,623
    Thanked 1,877 Times in 1,395 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    422
    Fact #36: The largest mountain in the world is Mauna Loa. Mount Kilimanjaro is higher than Mount Everest because it raises straight out of the African plain, whereas Everest is just one mountain on top of lots in the Himalayas.
    Fact #37: When travelling through sodium at -270 degrees, light slows to 38 miles per hour. The speed of light is only constant in a vacuum at 186,000 miles per second. Going through diamonds, the speed of light is only 80,000 miles per second.

  5. #94

    nephilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dunstable
    Posts
    11,775
    Thank Post
    1,623
    Thanked 1,877 Times in 1,395 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    422
    Fact #38: The youngest age that a child can drink alcohol in a pub, restaurant or beer garden in the UK is 5 years old

  6. #95
    Robz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    197
    Thank Post
    143
    Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Fact #38: The youngest age that a child can drink alcohol in a pub, restaurant or beer garden in the UK is 5 years old
    I believe it is up to the age of 5, therefore the youngest is about 0 IIRC the law states no child between 5-16 can consume alcohol on licensed premises. 16-18 you're allowed some with a meal

  7. #96

    nephilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dunstable
    Posts
    11,775
    Thank Post
    1,623
    Thanked 1,877 Times in 1,395 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    422
    they are not allowed to be bought a drink, but they can have some of their parents beer or wine (no spirits or strong ales and the age is range 5-14), from 14 onwards they are allowed to drink with a meal, and its limited to one

  8. Thanks to nephilim from:

    Robz (14th February 2011)

  9. #97
    Robz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    197
    Thank Post
    143
    Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts
    Rep Power
    28
    I stand corrected...

    If you're in a restaurant you can have a glass with a meal at the age of 14.

    At 16 you can drink shandy1 in pubs.

    At 18 you can start buying alcohol legally in pubs.

    BBC - h2g2 - Beer Laws

    and.... It is illegal to give an alcoholic drink to a child under 5 except under medical supervision in an emergency, never heard of that but what kind of emergency????




    and then another site gives conflicting advice ( http://www.talktofrank.com/drugs.aspx?id=166 ) :/
    Last edited by Robz; 14th February 2011 at 09:35 AM.

  10. #98

    RabbieBurns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,512
    Thank Post
    1,320
    Thanked 469 Times in 306 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    199
    and i take it when you say "UK" you mean england.. as the licensing laws in scotland are different...

  11. #99

    MK-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    3,237
    Thank Post
    149
    Thanked 581 Times in 307 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    and i take it when you say "UK" you mean england.. as the licensing laws in scotland are different...
    aye in scotland if you aren't on the buckfast by the time you're 8 i'm guessing you're reported to child services

  12. #100
    HallX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Doncaster
    Posts
    237
    Thank Post
    22
    Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Robz View Post
    never heard of that but what kind of emergency????:/
    If they start to sober up of course :-D

  13. #101

    teejay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,174
    Thank Post
    284
    Thanked 773 Times in 583 Posts
    Rep Power
    335
    Yeah, in Scotland they just attach a teat to a bottle of whisky and feed em that from birth ;-)

  14. #102

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    894
    Thank Post
    64
    Thanked 171 Times in 140 Posts
    Rep Power
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Fact #37: When travelling through sodium at -270 degrees, light slows to 38 miles per hour.
    Light passing through sodium? Have you ever seen sodium? It's a metal. Dunno where you live but on my world light doesn't pass through metals. It tends to stop and bounce off.

  15. #103

    RabbieBurns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,512
    Thank Post
    1,320
    Thanked 469 Times in 306 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    199
    sodium is salt is it not?

  16. #104

    nephilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dunstable
    Posts
    11,775
    Thank Post
    1,623
    Thanked 1,877 Times in 1,395 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    422
    sodium is also a VERY dense gas (mixed with chlorine gas you get salt)

  17. #105

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,635
    Thank Post
    514
    Thanked 2,443 Times in 1,891 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    831
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    and i take it when you say "UK" you mean england.. as the licensing laws in scotland are different...
    They're not hugely different any more, as the new licensing laws brought in mimic the UK ones in most ways.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Please help fact check my report comparing Moodle and Fronter
    By cherylluzet in forum Virtual Learning Platforms
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 5th March 2010, 11:29 AM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 24th November 2009, 11:32 PM
  3. Computer to Pupil ratios - fact or fiction?
    By heybatesy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 1st May 2009, 03:09 PM
  4. Is this blog fact or fiction?
    By kennysarmy in forum Virtual Learning Platforms
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15th May 2008, 10:32 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •