+ Post New Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
General Chat Thread, Nephilims Fact of the Day in General; Originally Posted by LosOjos This is (currently) impossible to prove and relies largely on the space-time continuum theory, therefore I'm ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    This is (currently) impossible to prove and relies largely on the space-time continuum theory, therefore I'm calling this one out lol
    in that case, I'm calling no 100 as there is no proof (in my eyes) that we have been to the moon or that there are golf ball's upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Fact #100: There are 3 golf balls sitting on the moon.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 818 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs_mjs View Post
    in that case, I'm calling no 100 as there is no proof (in my eyes) that we have been to the moon or that there are golf ball's upon it.
    I agree that the conspiracy theories raise some very good points, but the moon landing is widely considered to be a fact, whereas nobody claims to have been to the centre of a black hole (or even near one!) or to have any device for measuring the speed of the passage of time (don't say a clock!)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,494 Times in 1,935 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs_mjs View Post
    There is proof. Mirrors were placed on the moon during the landings, and these are easily verifiable using earth bound lasers to range find etc... What Neil & Buzz Left on the Moon - NASA Science

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    There is proof. Mirrors were placed on the moon during the landings, and these are easily verifiable using earth bound lasers to range find etc... What Neil & Buzz Left on the Moon - NASA Science
    I respectfully retract my statement - I did not know this, thanks for enlightening me

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,960 Times in 1,434 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Due to my work load increasing 10 fold recently, I havent had time to post these up, so here goes.

Fact #108: Japan uses the most energy per year than any other country.
    Fact #109: Just by recycling one aluminium can, enough energy would be saved to have a TV run for three hours.
    Fact #110: A famous bullfighter, Lagarijo, killed 4,867 bulls in the 19th century.
    Fact #111: Adolf Hitler wanted to be an architect, but he failed the entrance exam at the architectural school in Vienna.
    Fact #112: At just four years old Mozart was able to learn a piece of music in half an hour
    Fact #113: Emilio Marco Palma was the first person in recorded history born in Antarctica in 1978
    Fact #114: Fidel Castro was once a star baseball player for the University of Havana in the 1940's
    Fact #115: Hawaii's Mount Waialeale is the wettest place in the world - it rains throughout the year and about 460 inches per annum.
    Fact #116: In Czechoslovakia, there is a church that has a chandelier made out of human bones
    Fact #117: A person breathes 7 quarts of air every minute
    Fact #118: Although it's only 2% of our body weight, the brain uses 20% of all oxygen we breathe, 20% of the calories we take in, and 15% of the body's blood supply.
    Fact #119: Corpses don't decompose as fast as they used to because of all of the chemicals and additives we eat now
    Fact #120: Devoid of its cells and proteins, human blood has the same general makeup as sea water.
    Fact #121: Did you know that you can actually die from a broken heart? Studies have shown that people who had experienced great loss or sadness can develop cracks in their heart which could lead to death.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Fact #116: In Czechoslovakia, there is a church that has a chandelier made out of human bones
    if its the one im thinking of its more than a chandelier:

7. Thanks to RabbieBurns from:

Rawns (11th May 2011)

Thank Post
    Fact #111: Adolf Hitler wanted to be an architect, but he failed the entrance exam at the architectural school in Vienna.
    Think of how how much trouble would have been avoided if they just admitted him.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    if its the one im thinking of its more than a chandelier:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ice_Sedlec.JPG
    Jesus..... :O

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Fact #122: A 27 year old heir to a sausage empire was handed o ticket for £116,000for driving at 80 km/hr in a 40 km/hr zone. This is because the speeding tickets in Finland are based on how much money a person makes.
    Fact #123: A surfer once sued another surfer for "stealing his wave." The case was thrown out because the court was unable to put a price on "pain and suffering" endured by the surfer watching someone else ride "his" wave.
    Fact #124: David Rice Atchinson was President of the United States for exactly one day. This happened due to a glitch in American law at the time.
    Fact #125: Since the United Nations was founded in 1945, there have been 140 wars.
    Fact #126: Anti-modem laws restrict Internet access in the country of Burma. Illegal possession of a modem can lead to a prison term of up to 20 years.
    Fact #127: Because of heavy traffic congestion, Julius Caesar banned all wheeled vehicles from Rome during daylight hours.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Fact #128: A cesium atom in an atomic clock that beats over nine billion times a second.
    Fact #129: A Chinese Scientist discovered that the Earth is round during the Han Dynasty by measuring the sun and moon's path in the sky. He recorded this fact down in the imperial records but went unnoticed until it was unearthed recently but Chinese archaeologists
    Fact #130: A jiffy is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second. Thus the saying, I will be there in a jiffy
    Fact #131: A meteor has only destroyed one satellite, which was the European Space Agency's Olympus in 1993
    Fact #132: African Baobab tree's circumference can reach 180 feet. If the trunk is hollow, 20 people would be able to fit inside of it.
    Fact #133: At lift off, US space shuttles weight about 4.5 million pounds
    Fact #134: Australia has had stamps that actually look like gems. In 1995 and 1996 they used a special technology to make the stamps look like diamonds and opals.
    Fact #135: Automobile building is the largest manufacturing industry in the world.
    Fact #136: Back in 1919 the Russian transplant pioneer Serge Voronoff made headlines by grafting monkey testicles onto human males
    Fact #137: Before air conditioning was invented, white cotton slipcovers were put on furniture to keep the air cool.
    Fact #138: By weight, the sun is 70% hydrogen, 28% helium, 1.5% carbon, nitrogen, and oxygen, and 0.5% all other elements.
    Fact #139: Central air conditioners use 98% more energy than ceiling fans.
    Fact #140: Copper is the second most used metal in the world.
    Fact #141: Construction workers hard hats were first invented and used in the building of the Hoover Dam in 1933.
    Fact #142: Enough paper is recycled in the USA every day, that a 15 mile long train of boxcars could be filled up with paper
    Fact #143: The Saguaro Cactus, found in South-western United States does not grow branches until it is 75 years old.
    Fact #144: The width of a tornado can range from less than ten yards to more than a mile.
    Fact #145: According to experts, large caves tend to "breathe"; they inhale and exhale great quantities of air when the barometric pressure on the surface changes, and air rushes in or out seeking equilibrium
    Fact #146: Air is denser in cold weather. A wind of the same speed can exert 25 percent more force during the winter as compared to the summer.
    Fact #147: All organic compounds found on Earth contain carbon

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Fact #148: The right side of a boat was called the starboard side due to the fact that the astronavigators used to stand out on the plank (which was on the right side) to get an unobstructed view of the stars. The left side was called the port side because that was the side that you put in on at the port. This was so that they didn't knock off the starboard.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 977 Posts
    Fact #148: The right side of a boat was called the starboard side due to the fact that the astronavigators used to stand out on the plank (which was on the right side) to get an unobstructed view of the stars. The left side was called the port side because that was the side that you put in on at the port. This was so that they didn't knock off the starboard.
    Maybe just me but havent seen this fact thread for a while - you been too busy making your edugod util lol

Thank Post
    I always understood that Starboard came from the old Norse for Steer Board, as longboats used to have an oar that was attached to the right side of the boat towards the rear to use as a primitive rudder. Port was so named due to the fact that boats with a steer board would have to dock on the left so as not to damage it. Source.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718