+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, If you're with Virgin Media check your bill in General; I received my Virgin Media phone bill (landline) this week so I checked the bill and was surprised to see ...
    Thank Post

If you're with Virgin Media check your bill

I received my Virgin Media phone bill (landline) this week so I checked the bill and was surprised to see a chargeable call to my Virgin mobile. This might not seem like a big deal but I take their talk unlimited service so calls to Virgin mobiles are free 24/7 as long as it's under 60 minutes.

So I emailed Virgin about this and the reply was that my mobile is not with Virgin which is funny as I've had this number for 7 years and it's definitely a Virgin mobile. Makes me wonder how many other times I've been charged for calls that are supposed to be free as this call was only itemised because it was over 50p... well the call was 0.59 but it's the principle!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 623 Posts
    I'm on a virgin mobile contract - one they mis-sold me 6 months ago - as soon as my year is up I'm changing. They promised me FREE calls from my virgin land line to my virgin mobile - [ handy for the missus to get hold of me etc ] - advert promised this and it was in all their terms and conditions etc - on checking my bill I had been charged. When I rang them to ask about it they informed me I had to be on a special land line deal which would cost me an extra 10 quid a month - so in effect I would not be any better off.
    I was so mad for being conned like this, normally I check and double check this sort of thing but this time I was well and truly got - so well done Virgin for catching me out.
    As soon as my mobile contract is up, it's up yours, and up yours on my TV, up yours on my Broadband, up yours on my land line and generally up yours Virgin. Never in my life have I experienced such shoddy customer service, over priced packages and a general rip you off company. If I ever met Branson [ who is a complete knob ] I would happily smash his bearded face in. I just wish he would bugger off in one of his balloons and never return. The bloke is a first class moron which thinking about it the only good thing he has done was get Tubular Bells released back in the 70's. [ Most of the youngsters on there won't have a clue what I'm on about ]

Thank Post
    say what you really think mattx

4. Thanks to round2it from:

mattx (7th January 2011)

rad
    Thank Post
    The thing is as fast as one person leaves them, another joins, so for them they dont really care one bit about customer service etc

Thank Post
    I've been meaning to update this thread for some time as there was a positive outcome to this. After a couple of fruitless emails to Virgin in which they said my mobile was not on their service which it positively was, a nice lady rang one evening to say that I would be refunded my money and in future I would be not charged for calls to this mobile, which is what I wanted in the first place.

And to the member who left negative rep and said:
    Cheap skate, bransons gotta eat too yknow
    I pay 9.40 for these "free" calls so I don't expect to pay twice.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    someone left neg rep like that? jebus....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 759 Posts
    This exact same thing has happened to both my aunt and my stepfather. Not sure if its all sorted yet but I will encourage them to persist if not.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It was probably Branson himself. He's a mean dude.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    someone left neg rep like that? jebus....
    Welcome to Edugeek - it's the way it works!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread