+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Eye Tests in General; Stuff that! I can see the Andromeda galaxy, but still need glasses for working on the PC at work. It ...

Thank Post
    Stuff that! I can see the Andromeda galaxy, but still need glasses for working on the PC at work. It is a legal requirement that your employer do this!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,877 Times in 1,395 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of eye tests, went for one today, got told by optician to see my Dr immediately, so I did with his note, he sent me to A&E, from there I saw the on call ophthamologist (sp?) and had a few tests done.

Had a pressure test, then an injection around my eye to numb the whole area including the eye, and then an injection in my eye (literally in my eye with some sort of dye so they could see inside my eye fully), and then dye drops on my eye.

Turns out that I have a bad bacterial infection that is affecting the fluid in my eye, and have been given some strong antibacterial drops to put on my eye.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Speaking of eye tests, went for one today, got told by optician to see my Dr immediately, so I did with his note, he sent me to A&E, from there I saw the on call ophthamologist (sp?) and had a few tests done.

Had a pressure test, then an injection around my eye to numb the whole area including the eye, and then an injection in my eye (literally in my eye with some sort of dye so they could see inside my eye fully), and then dye drops on my eye.

Turns out that I have a bad bacterial infection that is affecting the fluid in my eye, and have been given some strong antibacterial drops to put on my eye.
    Oooh that sounds nasty, amazing what these opticians can find with there microscopes and things. Sounds like you have been caught and getting treatment though which must be good and a relief for you.

As for my tackling it and not bothered about the glasses bit. I don't need my glasses for using the PC, there for distance and driving, BUT they have a ultraclear coating on them for reducing screen glare which does make a difference I've found, so could argue that bit I guess. What ever they pay they won't be paying for the designer frames and lens option that I have, have you seen Specsavers value range

Thank Post
    I'm quite long-sighted and wear varifocals (expensive) but because we naturally get short-sighted as we get older, my vision is improving slightly each time I'm tested. By the time I'm 120 I won't need glasses.

Thank Post
    If anyone wants a cheap eye test, Boots and D&A currently have a voucher to get one for a fiver;
    5 Eye Test - Get your Eyes Tested for 5 - Boots

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12