+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Apple's software geniuses find the clock baffling in General; Really ? Too much money spent on how it looks than how it actually bleeding works more like....... Apple's software ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts

Apple's software geniuses find the clock baffling

Really ? Too much money spent on how it looks than how it actually bleeding works more like.......

Apple's software geniuses find the clock baffling- The Inquirer
    baffling

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What time is it? My iPad says it's 3:04pm.....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    What time is it? My iPad says it's 3:04pm.....
    Thats 2011, not 1901

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,666 Times in 1,965 Posts
    It's funny how Apple have so many problems with their Alarm clock app, but even Android has bugs...

For at least the last couple versions, Android has been plagued with a couple extremely serious bugs in its text messaging subsystem that can ultimately end up causing you to text the wrong contact -- even contacts that you've never texted before. There appear to be a few failure modes; the one we definitely experience on the Gingerbread-powered Nexus S involves being routed to the wrong thread when you tap it either in the Notifications list or the master thread list in the Messaging application, so if you don't notice, you'll end up firing a message to the wrong person.

More seriously, though, there's also an open issue in Android's bug tracking system -- inexplicably marked "medium" priority -- where sent text messages can appear to be in the correct thread and still end up being sent to another contact altogether. In other words, unless you pull up the Message Details screen after the fact, you might not even know the grievous act you've committed until your boss, significant other, or best friend -- make that former best friend -- texts you back. There seem to have been some attempts on Google's part over the year to fix it; we can't confirm that it still happens in 2.3, but for what it's worth, the issue hasn't been marked resolved in Google Code... and it was opened some six months ago. (Source)
    Sending a text to the wrong person could be a lot worse than waking up late.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    lol i accidently sent "kisses" to my line manager a few months back **Shudders**. That was me not thinking, not the android phone!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    So that's why my boss was a bit funny with me the other week. I just checked my HTC Desire android phone and I'd sent him a text asking him if he wanted a bonk....
    Last edited by tech_guy; 3rd January 2011 at 04:19 PM.

7. Thanks to tech_guy from:

mattx (3rd January 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    It's funny how Apple have so many problems with their Alarm clock app, but even Android has bugs...

Sending a text to the wrong person could be a lot worse than waking up late.
    That just puts me right off Android if there is an issue where you send a text to say your other half that's maybe a bit entertaining and it could go to your brother or something! Not good, its like phoning a number and the Exchange just re-dialling someone else completely different!

Thank Post
    Lol I've never experienced that before with my Desire. But I have had a similar thing with my old nokia 3310 a long time ago, if you replied to a contact and then deleted the number from the to field then reentered a different number, it would still go to the original contact! At least I noticed it before it was too late

All OS's have bugs its just the nature of the beast, I just find it slightly warming when its apple though lol

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
    Lol I've never experienced that before with my Desire. But I have had a similar thing with my old nokia 3310 a long time ago, if you replied to a contact and then deleted the number from the to field then reentered a different number, it would still go to the original contact! At least I noticed it before it was too late

All OS's have bugs its just the nature of the beast, I just find it slightly warming when its apple though lol
    True its nice to see apple failing at simple things that are quite key, and glad it happened then and not on a key exam date as loads of students will use them for alarm clocks despite best advice....

Your Nokia issue is a bit like a pet hate of mine, you email someone about say system shutdown early or something and the reply to that text with something completely unrelated and it looks stupid in your conversation threading in the email then so you have to pull it back out of it. GRRR some people

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yeah. ive never had that problem on my Wildfire either. I do find the Message screen a bit irritating at times, but fingers crossed nothing dodgy has happened!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Miss View Post
    Yeah. ive never had that problem on my Wildfire either. I do find the Message screen a bit irritating at times, but fingers crossed nothing dodgy has happened!
    that you know of yet... You could find you've sent worse than kisses to your boss, he might be popping round for dinner tonight instead of your brother lol

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,666 Times in 1,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    So that's why my boss was a bit funny with me the other week.

Going back to alarm clocks, does anyone use the Gentle Alarm Android app? The CAPTCHA feature to test if you are really awake is genius.

14. Thanks to Arthur from:

tech_guy (3rd January 2011)

Thank Post
    I've never had it happen on my HTC Desire, but my girlfriend has on the G1 I gave her. She texted me and instead it went to a random one of her friends but on the text messaging screen it still said the message went to me. Luckily she was only calling me a baby :P

Thank Post
    Why would you want to get up early on thE first of January?

P.S. I've had an iPhone 4 since release day and the only problem I've had was when it froze and needed a reset. Once. But do I expect it to be perfect? No. It's a computer at the end of the day and as I spend all day fixIng them I know it's not going to be perfect. Though I'd rather spend an extra hour in bed than text the wrong person
    Last edited by Stuart_C; 3rd January 2011 at 05:36 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    To make sure you saw in 1:1:11am on 1:1:11 ???

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast