+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, I don't want to go back to work. in General; Here in the land of private schools, I too am back at work on Tuesday. The kids return on Thursday. ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,187 Times in 1,618 Posts
    Here in the land of private schools, I too am back at work on Tuesday. The kids return on Thursday. So much for long private school holidays!

Thank Post
    Am I the only one who is looking forward to going back?! I'm sick of looking at the same four walls and the same TV. Can't wait for tomorrow if I'm honest.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Although I generally love my job and genrally don't mind going back, I am having an awesome holiday so not looking forward to going back.
    Plus we have a new kitten would rather play with!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    . . . . . So much for long private school holidays!
    I'm sure the few extra weeks private schools normally get tagged onto the summer hols make it worth while!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 754 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    Am I the only one who is looking forward to going back?! I'm sick of looking at the same four walls and the same TV. Can't wait for tomorrow if I'm honest.
    No I am really looking forward to the new start as I too am a little stir crazy but must admit its been the best Christmas and new Year for a long time.

Have got plenty to do when we get back but between us me n my team will have a good productive start to the new year won't we @webman? @tallan? lots of new stuff on the horizon and so little time to accomplish but we will with hard work and a happy fortitude bring to fruition with the least disruption.

Oh! and we will have fun in doing so

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'm dreading going back.

Think I might just go in, lock all the doors, take the phone off the hook and hide under the desk all day so no one can find me.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    So much for long private school holidays!
    it is.....

for the kids.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    Oh come on. How can you tire of watching the likes of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Naff remake) for the 3rd time in 2 weeks?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    I have a plan - I'm going to spend Tuesday to Thursday in a continuous state of intoxication.
    I lied, I've started my continuous state of intoxication early - today I have managed to drink half a bottle of Bucks Fizz, [ friends came over lunchtime ], a few beers and I have just finished off the half bottle of wine I opened up last night....Oh dear.

Thank Post
    Well, start as you mean to go on......

Thank Post
    We're back today, as is my missus. Neither of us wanted to, not least because it means littly will be starting nursery too (in theory, although the last 2 taster sessions she's screamed the place down, and since the last one she's been unable to let us out of her sight...Jem went in with her for an hour this AM). I'm neither ready to see my girl grow up away from us, nor ready to walk to my car at 7am in total darkness.

It's been an ace break...Christmas and New Year was a fair amount of driving, lots of food, eggnog, no drink until we got home. Lots of fun with daughter and the christmas tree/presents, and such a transformation in her, in just a fortnight...little people seem to go to sleep and wake up with new abilities. We've got walking unaided if distracted, walking holding my finger, stair capability, a large and ever increasing list of known words (even if she can't say them, she knows what they are). New signs, ability to get across what she wants 9 out of 10 times now etc.

It's like having a small semi-independent weapon..you turn round and there she is. She helped me scrub the kitchen last night (using a baby wipe), and then in an amusing logical progression, she started scrubbing..the cats.

1 ran off, the kitten is used to it, and my eldest cat just let her get on with it, only objecting when she started tweaking his tail.

Baby/toddler logic beats binary in fun factor by a mile..as does baby logic troubleshooting and fault diagnosis..hehe..

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirbendy View Post
    We're back today, as is my missus. Neither of us wanted to, not least because it means littly will be starting nursery too (in theory, although the last 2 taster sessions she's screamed the place down, and since the last one she's been unable to let us out of her sight...Jem went in with her for an hour this AM). I'm neither ready to see my girl grow up away from us, nor ready to walk to my car at 7am in total darkness.

It's been an ace break...Christmas and New Year was a fair amount of driving, lots of food, eggnog, no drink until we got home. Lots of fun with daughter and the christmas tree/presents, and such a transformation in her, in just a fortnight...little people seem to go to sleep and wake up with new abilities. We've got walking unaided if distracted, walking holding my finger, stair capability, a large and ever increasing list of known words (even if she can't say them, she knows what they are). New signs, ability to get across what she wants 9 out of 10 times now etc.

It's like having a small semi-independent weapon..you turn round and there she is. She helped me scrub the kitchen last night (using a baby wipe), and then in an amusing logical progression, she started scrubbing..the cats.

1 ran off, the kitten is used to it, and my eldest cat just let her get on with it, only objecting when she started tweaking his tail.

Baby/toddler logic beats binary in fun factor by a mile..as does baby logic troubleshooting and fault diagnosis..hehe..
    You wait, you have yet to get to the 'I want this, I want that' stage......

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    You wait, you have yet to get to the 'I want this, I want that' stage......
    That's lasted ooh ... about 4 years with my eldest. And it's only going to get worse

My littl'un has decided now that walking is much quicker than the odd one-legged bum-shuffling she's been doing (apparently crawling was a waste of time so she skipped that entirely), and her arms are a lot longer than I remember them being. The helping around the house is all well and good ... until she starts trying to clean the floor with her just-washed-and-tumble-dried clothes

To be fair though, if we tell her something she's just picked up is rubbish, she will toddle out to the kitchen, open the cupboard door, put it in the bin, and toddle back again

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Personally, I just can't seem to drum up any enthusiasm, today!

Didn't sleep well last night as the 6 year old son decided that he wanted to sleep between me and the OH......Then proceeded to knee me in the back at regular intervals.

Had to almost crowbar myself out of bed!!

Now, I am rebuilding our inventory system.....a job guaranteed to send me off to sleep, if I'm not careful!!!!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aerospacemango View Post
    Didn't sleep well last night as the 6 year old son decided that he wanted to sleep between me and the OH......Then proceeded to knee me in the back at regular intervals.
    Heh. We co-sleep through choice (have done since day 1). 2x double mattresses on the floor, lots of pillows, several duvets. Spacious! She tends to end up rotating through the night, so it's not unknown for her to lie sideways across the bed come morning.

That said, we have 3x molars coming in at once, a mild case of constipation and discomfort that seems to affect her sleep, and a possibly developmental milestone induced inability to lie still for longer than 5 minutes, leading to a 14 month old crawling round the bed/sitting up/falling over sideways whilst fast asleep. I reckon we got 2 hours tops the last few nights..argh.

It'll all pass...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast