+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, New Mobile phone in General; Hi all, it's new mobile phone time I've just got a basic mobile at the moment but I'm thinking about ...
    Thank Post

New Mobile phone

Hi all, it's new mobile phone time I've just got a basic mobile at the moment but I'm thinking about getting a more advanced model. I'm not interested in an i-phone but I do like the look of the HTC range, I'm looking in the 30 per month area.

Anyone got a HTC that can tell me a bit about the bad and good from experience, or recommend another better phone.

Cheers all.

Thank Post
    My bro has just got the desire. The only i dont like about it is the text message notification.. it shows who the messge is from and part of the message while the device is locked and also the battery life is pretty appauling... it needs to be charged every day.

I am looking at the HTC Desire HD or the N8 but am undecided which one to get. My N79 is great, has got everything i need but i have had it too long (about 18 months) and its getting a bit dated. Nokia havent updated this device for over a year.

Thank Post
    my palm pre 2 is a bit outdated now. dam those 48 mounts contracts.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo343 View Post
    I am looking at the HTC Desire HD or the N8 but am undecided which one to get. My N79 is great, has got everything i need but i have had it too long (about 18 months) and its getting a bit dated. Nokia havent updated this device for over a year.
    Same here!! Argh, I'm torn between my Nokia brand loyalty, the definitely superior spec of the N8 vs. the Android platform which is definitely getting more attention and probably will get even more in 2011. Absolutely torn.. Can't make up my mind. Keep putting it off and putting it off..

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo343 View Post
    My bro has just got the desire. The only i dont like about it is the text message notification.. it shows who the messge is from and part of the message while the device is locked and also the battery life is pretty appauling... it needs to be charged every day.

If you turn things off you are not using the batterty life on the desire goes up considerably. My mates has gone from a charge every day to every couple of days.

I have the desire HD. Battery life is abit better, I tend to charge it every other night but I can easily go a few days without charging aslong as im not playing angry birds all the time! Comparing the 2 the HD has a few things added to teh interface which make it abit better, it looks enormous but when you compare them side by side its actually not much bigger. Main problem ive found is finding a proper fit (rather than universal) car holder for it.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I have a HTC Mozart Running Windows Mobile 7 I think it works very well.. shame about the marketplace but that's growing ever so quickly too.

Android is going to get more popular over the next year though, the app's are just going to go wild!

7. Thanks to EduTech from:

cookie_monster (30th December 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    Main problem ive found is finding a proper fit (rather than universal) car holder for it.
    I copied this brilliant idea: Overclockers UK Forums - View Single Post - Garmin Nuvi car mount + [phone model] Hard Case = uBer cheap awesome quality mount! using a Garmin mount and case bought as separate items on eBay and glued together.. Works an absolute treat for both my N97 and other halfs HTC desire. <10 too. Bargain..

9. 2 Thanks to sionide:

cookie_monster (30th December 2010), j17sparky (29th December 2010)

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have the HTC Desire and it rocks. Best Android on the market.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I have the HTC Wildfire (Desires cheaper little brother) as i bought it myself and was still in my contract. I love it and think my next phone through my contract will be a HTC.

13. Thanks to Little-Miss from:

cookie_monster (30th December 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EduTech View Post
    I have a HTC Mozart Running Windows Mobile 7 I think it works very well.. shame about the marketplace but that's growing ever so quickly too.

Android is going to get more popular over the next year though, the app's are just going to go wild!

I was wondering about Win Mo 7 as I use a hotmail and a windows live calendar that my family can see for my shifts etc I wondered if those features might be better supported than on Android. The only prob is it's a bit new and will a device I get now receive the new Win Phone 7 update due in the spring?

Decisions, decisions!!!

Thank Post
    I have the desire, battery life is pretty standard for a smartphone, they are all pretty much charge every day affairs (the good ones anyhow!!) Would highly recommend it, it is absolutely fantastic with Facebook and social networking integration with the sense interface.

If anyone is having issues with battery I would recommend updating (through the Settings -> About Phone -> check for updates) as the new radio updates are far superior in battery usage.

Its v v speedy as well, and with the new ScummVM for android I can now play monkey island

Thank Post
    ..call me a tightwad - but I didn't want to get lumbered with a 2 year contract just so I could have a smartphone.. I have just bought an Orange San Francisco and I am surprised how good an Android phone that costs less than 100 can be..
    These phones can be unlocked for free:
    Free Instant Unlock Codes for Alcatel, Huawei Modems & ZTE Mobile Phones
    then take advantage of some of the cracking 30 day rolling contract offers.. e.g. My 15 per month with 3 includes unlimited data (3 have just removed the 'fair use' 2Gb cap.. use what you like!)..

Thank Post
    Any drawbacks to just buying your own rather than being locked into a long contract?

HTC Desire Sim Free Mobile Phone - Mocha: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Thank Post
    I have the Desire and it is a fantastic phone, probably best phone (as well as the HD) to rival the iphone for much less of the contract costs. I pay 25 a month on orange with push email, 500mins, unlim texts and 500mb internet, so for 30 quid you could get unlimited, and i should be able to get 125 cashback through redemption on certain months. The main problem is battery life, with the strength of the processor on the standard battery provided its understandable really, and likely you'll need to charge it once a day, though you can buy a battery with a much higher capacity for maybe 15-20 which will fit which i plan to do in the future. After going android, i plan to stick with their smartphones, the interface is excellent.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast