+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Printers..... in General; I have not owned a printer for about 10 years - so today I went to Tesco especially as they ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,064 Times in 623 Posts

Printers.....

I have not owned a printer for about 10 years - so today I went to Tesco especially as they had some really good deals on them.
    I put one in my trolley [ HP Photosmart Wireless Printer Copier Scanner ] and then took it out half way round to swap it for another. [ Epson Stylus SX125 Printer Copier Scanner ] I carried on shopping then swapped again [ Canon iP2702 Printer ] and carried on shopping. I went back for another look and changed my mind again - this time putting in Epson again. I got to the checkouts, thought to myself I have lived without a printer for 10 years why do I need one now ? So I took the Epson out and put it back. I walked out of Tesco without my printer but did get a french stick and a pack of Hot Wheel cars for my youngest......

I don't think I will ever end up owning a printer again !!
    Last edited by mattx; 28th December 2010 at 06:12 PM.

Thank Post
    I have an Epson Stylus C66 on my shelf. apparently the guy who had it got a new one.

rad
    Thank Post
    a printer, nah thats what email is for.

If in doubt, email it to work and print it there. Oh god, thats why our printing costs are so high, everyone does the same as schools have loads of money and can afford it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,019 Times in 1,493 Posts
    With two teenagers requiring course work to be printed for school we no have an HP LaserJet CP1025 color... it's great and isn't overused.

Thank Post
    My other half got the aforementioned HP Photosmart B110 Wireless for xmas.. Set it up yesterday and really impressed so far. Unpacked, turned it on, put in wifi password and that's that. It scans, copies and prints. It's got a unique HP eprint email address so it'll automatically print anything emailed to that address from a whitelist of email addresses. Installed on our two ubuntu laptops in a few clicks. Not tried installing on Windows yet but I do suspect it won't be so easy.. Well chuffed with it.. Only down side thing is, for some reason it totally forgets the wireless association when it's been switched off :/

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I have not used a printer for 2 years now! My First Question to anyone who is going to require information is give me an email address!

Thank Post
    I don't do a lot of printing but I have got a OKI colour laserjet as when I print it tend to be in colour and got sick of my inks drying up!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts
    Mut admit I have eeer 4 printers now ( i seem to collect and horde them!) got 3 colour lasers and a mono laser and they are great don't dry up so if I don't use it for 6 months so be it

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Mut admit I have eeer 4 printers now ( i seem to collect and horde them!) got 3 colour lasers and a mono laser and they are great don't dry up so if I don't use it for 6 months so be it
    Your Printers are like Ornaments in your Room!

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't use a printer at home because everything I do is online whereas I think my wife and daughter are responsible for the deforestation of an area the size of Wales with the amount of printing they do. The HP LJ1020 I got for them takes a right hammering. I'm just glad they don't need to print in colour.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 759 Posts
    We have a small Canon laser that I reluctantly bought when Mrs AT was doing her masters dissertation a few years ago. All we use it for now is printing boarding passes and last-minute vouchers for Pizza Express.

Thank Post
    I have two printers at the moment - a colour HP Inkjet multifunction and a Samsung ML2010.

My sister will just print anything out, like direction wheras I just get a piece of scrap paper and write them down. Most printing I do is done at uni for free.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,064 Times in 623 Posts
    I'm still not going to get one - I remember my last one back in 1995 - cost me 300 quid. It was some Olivetti inkjet thing which lasted all of 2 years and cost me a fortune to actually run. Got it to run on both windows 3.1 and windows 95 I seem to remember. It even worked on OS/2...........

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EduTech View Post
    Your Printers are like Ornaments in your Room!
    Nah I've only got one in my room,one is downstairs with the PC there and another is at my sisters Uni House and the other in a box in my server room at work as Ive yet to bring it home...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Nah I've only got one in my room,one is downstairs with the PC there and another is at my sisters Uni House and the other in a box in my server room at work as Ive yet to bring it home...
    Is it still that HP one in your Room, Or is that buried under loads of Important paper work now

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread