+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, A Nice Tory Xmas Present..... in General; A Nice Tory Xmas Present..... Sorry Cut. BBC News - Leading writers condemn children's book funding cut...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts

A Nice Tory Xmas Present.....

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Cameron and his little group of dipsticks need to spend their summer recess working in a fish processing factory up in Sunderland to appreciate what real life is like.

3. 2 Thanks to tech_guy:

bossman (26th December 2010), mattx (26th December 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hang on boys World economies are in a mess the UK isn't badly placed in the league of thinks (Ireland, Portugal etc.) and that's because our Prime Minister and his team who represent us are getting a grip and have a plan toward getting the UK back to things as normal. If Brown and his cronies hadn't done things like squandered North sea oil revenues, sold off the Gold reserve and messed up pensions then maybe slagging off the team who are trying to correct the mess might be in some way justified.

Like it or not they are our Government and the least we should be surely doing is showing them support. They have enough to do without constantly having to fight a rearguard action, the elected opposition is there to keep them in check. They surely don't need the added pressures brought by underhand despicable behaviour to so called journalists from the gutter media.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by speckytecky View Post
    Hang on boys World economies are in a mess the UK isn't badly placed in the league of thinks (Ireland, Portugal etc.) and that's because our Prime Minister and his team who represent us are getting a grip and have a plan toward getting the UK back to things as normal. If Brown and his cronies hadn't done things like squandered North sea oil revenues, sold off the Gold reserve and messed up pensions then maybe slagging off the team who are trying to correct the mess might be in some way justified.

Like it or not they are our Government and the least we should be surely doing is showing them support. They have enough to do without constantly having to fight a rearguard action, the elected opposition is there to keep them in check. They surely don't need the added pressures brought by underhand despicable behaviour to so called journalists from the gutter media.
    I think the Tories were guilty of that part.

Regarding the main story, does nobody use a Library anymore? I seem to recall that borrowing books is free. As usual, it's down to whether or not Ma & Pa can be @rsed to teach their children to read. Can Pa give up one of his pack of fags a day to buy little Johnny and Jill a book each?

What? You mean he shouldn't have to, and that the Government should pay for them? Nasty Tory scumbags! :-)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 749 Posts
    I think the question one has to ask is "do children really read books anymore" as most children I come across seem to be glued to a games console or the 50" LCD TV!!

Is this down to the child's upbringing? Is it the changing of society's values? Is it the evolution of the human race?

These are very valid questions to which none of us have all the answers, yes I do feel that it is morally wrong for the government to take away valuable learning materials which are given to young children for free but I also agree with the realistic side of my mind which says "we cant keep a percentage of our population for free anymore" someone has to pay for the services.

I too have been through hard times in my life but got off my backside and looked for work no matter what it took. Certain elements of society believe it is their god given right to get everything for nowt and not put anything into the pot, well I am afraid that this is all going to change over the next couple of years as has been stated already the government has to reduce the huge debt which is worldwide.

I don't like the fact that education and the NHS are supposed to be the cornerstones of our Great Britain and yet they are not free as everyone keeps suggesting we have always had to pay for them through our taxes, they are free to anyone inside the European community who do take advantage of our system either from outside our borders or from inside (subclass).

Anyway I digress, the question still remains "Do children read books as much as they use to?" Do parents today have the same values as they did say 10, 20 years ago. I fear not, a certain percentage now do not think it is their responsibility to educate their children from an early age and therefore do not encourage their children to read and write but leave it to the educational system to do this for them.

I do fear certain aspects of our society believe that if they do not do anything for themselves that the state will provide for them this has now provided our society with a subclass culture and I feel this will always border on the dull edge of reasoning and lean towards the criminal side of life.

We are all guilty of change but yet it is change that drives humanity to develop other ideals and strives to build a better future for our offspring but we have to take into consideration this all comes at a cost and sometimes changes are not always in our eyes good yet have to take place to move the human race further forward in its evolution.

7. 2 Thanks to bossman:

CapEnd (4th January 2011), speckytecky (26th December 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AyatollahPies View Post
    What? You mean he shouldn't have to, and that the Government should pay for them? Nasty Tory scumbags! :-)
    yeah, and they'll snatch your milk while your not looking.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,444 Times in 1,892 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    yeah, and they'll snatch your milk while your not looking.
    So that's where all my milk went!!

Thank Post
    Cameron and his little group of dipsticks need to spend their summer recess working in a fish processing factory up in Sunderland to appreciate what real life is like.
    For once, it would be nice to read a thread on this forum about government cuts without a ton of "TORY SCUM" posts. Almost everyone agrees that cuts are required/needed in certain areas, yet whenever anything is cut you see cries of "Frak the Torys, toff scum!" It gets really, really boring. Especially since any incoming government would have been forced to cut in some places. Labour,Tory,Lib Dem, Monster raving looney party, All would have had to cut harshly and ended funding for some vote winning schemes.

and no, I'm not a Tory voter.

11. Thanks to DrCheese from:

speckytecky (26th December 2010)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread