+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Stupid but funny accident - it had to happen to me... in General; Hmmmmm....sounds like a challenge!! Don't know of this is more bizarre, but it did happen! Many years ago, when I ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hmmmmm....sounds like a challenge!!

Don't know of this is more bizarre, but it did happen!

Many years ago, when I was about 14, I was out in the garden listening to Wimbledon, on the radio. I was lying in the sun on one of the old fold up beds. Anyway, after a while it was getting rather warm outside, so I thought I'd better get in and out of the sun before I burnt. (This was a couple of years AFTER I'd been on a family holiday to Malta, and burnt my shoulders sooo severely that in the morning, they were a mess of blisters! Cue:Rest of holiday wearing t-shirts and not swimming! But I digress!!!)

I folded up the bed and started for the back door. As I was dragging the bed along, it jolted and popped out of my grasp. The serated joint ran straight down the back of my calf, and felt like a scratch. I looked and saw a tiny blood drop at my achilles area, and continued on thinking no more.

Then I got indoors, put the bed away and walked into the kitchen. My mum's yelp told me that something was wrong! There was now a thin red line all down my calf.....so I investigated! I was able to pull apart the skin, from just behind the knee, down to my achilles and get a fresh look at Biology IN ACTION!

There was the muscle ....There is the achilles tendon .....There is quite a lot of blood!

Strangely, I didn't go to hospital, because the cut was so fine that it knitted itself back together. I do, however, have a scar to this day, to remind be not to be so stupid again!

I shall be at BETT 2011 should anyone require the necessary proof of scar!!!!!!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 626 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    That is the strangest accident I have ever heard of...unless anyone out there knows of another??
    Me being born ?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12