+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, air con in General; i think it will be portable units as my ict suite is due to move to the new building (whenever ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: air con

i think it will be portable units as my ict suite is due to move to the new building (whenever that gets underway) which means that the room i'm in at the moment will become a classroom, so then the air con will be moved to another part of the school such as the admin office as they're office is like sitting in a conservatory in the summer!

Thank Post

If you are moving ICT suites you would be better off waiting till you move and then getting proper air con installed.

The portable units can be quite powerful nowadays - bu they simply are not designed for heavy use i.e being left on 24 hours a day 7 days a week - they are unreliable compared to a fully fitted system - not to mention noisier!

Andrew

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

hmm i won't be allowed to keep them on 24/7 unfortunately...its mainly to take the main heat out of the suite as it can get to 30 degrees in here on a good day in the summer! i closed the suite for 2 weeks last year as it was sooo hot. even i ended up moving to another part of the school to work in as i couldn't work in the suite without it being like a sauna.

Thank Post

Believe me I know exactly what you mean. I keep a fridge full of lollys in the summer!

But the wall mounted air con units are temperature controlled so they automatically nock of when the temperature is low and kick in when the temperature goes high.

Andrew

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

think i might keep a tray of ice in the freezer this year and bring in the sun cream as i managed to work outside for most of the summer under the shade of a beer umbrella at a picnic table in the patio area....was a good way to work on my tan and will probably end up doing the same again this year if i'm not successful in my bid for air conditioning!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information