+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Are you using PretonSaver? in General; Have just been made aware of this software which claims to make significant savings by reducing the amount of toner ...
    Thank Post

Question Are you using PretonSaver?

Have just been made aware of this software which claims to make significant savings by reducing the amount of toner put on the paper.

PretonSaver

Anyone out there using it, not overly keen on relying on sales pitch to tell me the whole truth.

If the claims are true then it would be grand. If not, don't fancy wasting the school's money.

Thank Post
    I'd grab the 30-day trial and target one high-volume printer in a computer room. Preferably one that gets through at least half a cartridge/month. Stick a fresh cartridge in it and wait 29 days. See if you get a significant reduction in toner use.

It does look a bit too good to be true and the website is light on technical info and heavy on fluff.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,700 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You will find that most modern printers have toners with chips on. Those chips have a page count. After it has met the page count the printer will want the toner to be changed even if it has some toner left. So this software wouldn't work.

It might work with old printers.

Thank Post
    We are currently undertaking a large test of Pretonsaver. We use HP MFPs (240 of them) and use the Safecom Print Management solution. We are looking at using Pretonsave to reduce toner expenditure. We produce 375,000 pages per week. Our initial findings are very positive and we are seeing savings of between 35 and 45% on print jobs with regard to toner reduction. These figures are not from the manufacturer, these are from our own tests. At 35% reduction there isn't much difference in the printed output quality either. We still have some testing to do but based on the figures so far the purchase of this product is a "No Brainer" as it will pay for itself in just over 3 months ! I would strongly recommend looking at this product. I have contact details if anybody wants to PM me.

PS - This technology works for inkjets and Laser prints and not photocopiers so if you have a managed service with copiers ..... sorry ... no use !

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information