+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, 4 day weekend in April/May in General; Didn't notice the Easter Monday -so, a three day week! Even better...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,381 Times in 1,676 Posts
    Didn't notice the Easter Monday -so, a three day week! Even better

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    And surprise surprise the tax payer has to foot the bill for the security etc. Why not keep the costs down by NOT inviting people. I mean Mr Cameron, 'we are all in this together' arn't we ? Tosser.
    I'm sure a high profile royal wedding would offset the security bill and generally be good for UK plc. Either that or UK plc's marketing dept was one of the quangos axed?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    I'm sure a high profile royal wedding would offset the security bill and generally be good for UK plc. Either that or UK plc's marketing dept was one of the quangos axed?
    I wonder where the south and north Koreans will sit ?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I wonder where the south and north Koreans will sit ?
    Next to the Americans, surrounded by the Chinese, Japanese and Russians - I'll be a very peaceful affair...

5. Thanks to tmcd35 from:

mattx (23rd November 2010)

rad
    Thank Post
    We are back on 26th, 27th, 28th then the following week, 3rd is training day, 4th, 5th is Half day for Parents evening and 6th is normal day

So in 4 weeks, students are in for 5 and a half days.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 743 Posts
    Blog Entries
    And surprise surprise the tax payer has to foot the bill for the security etc. Why not keep the costs down by NOT inviting people. I mean Mr Cameron, 'we are all in this together' arn't we ? Tosser.
    Did you see the Eton Tory Boy cancelled the holiday he was going to take over Christmas after pressure from his lackeys & the civ serfs? Where was he off to? Blackpool? Clacton? Nope - he was going on a jolly to Thailand. So much for belt tightening then, you chinless Tory numpty. And he had to scrap the taxpayer funded personal photographer & film-maker jamboree as well. What a shame. Bring on the revolution is all I can say.

8. Thanks to tech_guy from:

mattx (23rd November 2010)

Thank Post
    Booked the 3 days off in the middle, that means a nice 11 days off (inc weekends) for the cost of 3 for moi w00t

10. Thanks to mrbios from:

linkazoid (8th February 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We don't go back until the 27th if memory serves rightly (was supposed to be inset on the 26th, but got cancelled and turned into an extra days easter holiday only last week)

Thank Post
    Ours are back Tues evening for a start next day. I'd bet good money we'll be teaching on the Friday. No way the 11 housemasters will want 70 kids in the boarding house with nothing to do but watch the telly for a day.

I'll take some paint in so I can watch that dry. The whole thing is bringing out the republican in me (Not US style you understand!)

Thank Post
    We are now (it seems) going to be open as normal (Easter Holidays) on that date, as the school plan to shift the "Bank Holiday" to a date in July so the teachers can have an extra day to the summer holidays.

I have booked the whole week off (Week on Angelsey), so will now after book the Friday off. Luckily its early enough in the year not to be a problem.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dayzd View Post
    Yup, which will be an extra day off for Support Staff who have to work holidays, but not teaching staff, who will be off anyways! Tee hee hee!
    Sorry to upset you but that's not the case. "The Department for Education is arranging for the necessary legislative changes to reduce the school year 2010-11 by one day (two sessions) so that schools in England can lawfully enjoy the free time occasioned by the royal event." "The Department also intends to make changes to the School Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document by reducing the number of days a teacher must be available for work and reducing the number of hours a teacher must be available to perform their duties."

Source: DfE Statement

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,197 Times in 1,624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 36Degrees View Post
    Sorry to upset you but that's not the case. "The Department for Education is arranging for the necessary legislative changes to reduce the school year 2010-11 by one day (two sessions) so that schools in England can lawfully enjoy the free time occasioned by the royal event." "The Department also intends to make changes to the School Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document by reducing the number of days a teacher must be available for work and reducing the number of hours a teacher must be available to perform their duties."

Source: DfE Statement
    That's right. So if your school is suposed to be teaching on that day, the school will closed for the public holiday.

If the day falls outside normal teaching days, i.e. in the holidays, then the school can choose to be closed for teaching on an alternative day. The decision is made by the SLT in conjunction with the Governing Body. From what I'm hearing on the Governors' grapevine, many schools in this position, but not all, are choosing to close a day early for the summer holiday.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Leicestershire are tagging an extra day on end of the Easter holiday.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    many schools in this position, but not all, are choosing to close a day early for the summer holiday.
    That's exactly what is happening here.

Thank Post
    i work a total of 5 days in april... as im of to florida at the start of the month for a couple of weeks 56 days to go!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast