+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Length of Time for Replacement Parts under warranty in General; What do you guys consider a reasonable time for replacement of faulty parts? I have had two problems this week ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts

Length of Time for Replacement Parts under warranty

What do you guys consider a reasonable time for replacement of faulty parts?

I have had two problems this week and am really disappointed by both companies at there returns/replacement procedures under warranty.

First company is Gigabyte - Had 5 motherboards delivered one of which was faulty on arrival - gives errors with ram in one of the slots.

They have said that we have to send it off to them (which will take a couple of days) then up to 5 working days for them to check the fault and either decide what to do repair or replace - which will take another 5 working days. So for a part which was effectivly Dead on Arrival we will be without the board for nearly 3 working weeks. Which i am hugely disappointed at and complaining to them about.

And the Second is APC
    There technical support was average. The guy on the phone kept ringing me back asking the same questions and took about 6 hours for them to admit it the UPS was completly dead and faulty (which i told him before it was having done everthing he had asked me to about 3 times) for them to turn around and say that we cannot have a replacement for 5 days as it will be shipped from Holland. Again i think this is completely unacceptable as this product was 18 months old and died with no warnings. So we have been without a UPS for a week and are having to get the Caretaker to sign for the delivery on saturday when it will arrive and still have to wait for the electrician to wire it in on monday. So without battery backup for 7 days.

But in both situations the customer service i think is awful. Any company that ships a part that is DOA normally replaces next day and for the UPS which died in warranty again most compaines still manage to get parts delivered next day.

And to use the excuse its coming from holland is pathetic as i have tracked an HP controller for my SAN from holland to germany via belgium to manchester then to reading and delivered to us all within the space of 18 hours.

Rant over but I think in both cases it is unacceptable - or am i just being to demanding from the companies?

Thank Post
    in the case if the motherboard as that was dead on arrival your reseller/supplier should swap that out imediatley for you and they should deal with the vendor not yourself

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TopBanana View Post
    in the case if the motherboard as that was dead on arrival your reseller/supplier should swap that out imediatley for you and they should deal with the vendor not yourself
    Gigabyte said the same to them regarding having to send it off for test so it is easier for us to deal direct so can't be swapped out by them

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    Gigabyte said the same to them regarding having to send it off for test so it is easier for us to deal direct so can't be swapped out by them
    still this is the responsibility of your supplier to exchange the item straight , believe me I know this as I am a supplier and the first thing i would do is take the hassle away from my end user

Thank Post
    Ill tell the Guy sorting it I'm just moaning because I got flak for it failing!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread