+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, SPP in General; aka Statatury Paternity Pay Ok, called LEA's HR today to enquire about Paternity Leave and got the following sent to ...

Thank Post

SPP

aka Statatury Paternity Pay

Ok, called LEA's HR today to enquire about Paternity Leave

and got the following sent to me via email..

24. Paternity Leave

24.1 Male employees should be allowed up to five working days paid paternity leave subject to the following conditions:-
    Full-time and part-time employees must have one years continuous service.
    Leave will be allowed regardless of marital status.
    Where the mother and father are both employees of the City Council or School, maternity and paternity leave will be allowed
    Only one period of paternity leave will be authorised within any twelve-month period.
    Paternity leave will be granted within the period up to three months after the beginning of the expected week of confinement
    An employee applying for paternity leave will be required to produce a medical certificate showing the expected date of confinement and the name and address of the mother
    The period of time off and amount of pay will be granted in relation to the normal contracted hours of work in any one week
    Employees will be required to give at least 2 months notice of their intention to take paternity leave. The timing of the actual paternity leave should be agreed by the Headteacher in consultation with the employee concerned
    An employee will be required to reimburse all his paternity pay if he does not complete three months' service after the last date on which paternity leave was taken.
    The bit in question is the section in red, though there are a few others as well

Accoridng to direct.gov.uk, I am entitled a maximum of 2 Weeks SPP, not 5 days!

So, who's right??

Thank Post

Re: SPP

@Gatt: Would it not be an idea to chat to your Head about the paternity leave, stating that you are a little confused. He/She may give you the two weeks, no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by www.direct.gov.uk
    You can take either one week or two consecutive weeks, but not odd days.
    I like the way you get to choose between one or two weeks

Thank Post

Yeah gonna chat to him tomorrow about it - didnt see the email til i got home, and got a bit confused as to the "5 working days paid" section..

Thank Post

I believe its because your employer the school will pay one weeks full pay and the second week is paid at the SPP rate of about 108 quid at the mo.
    This is how i understand it when i spoke to HR and the head when i applied for leave and had it explained on a letter from the head.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Also consult your Union for advice. They are very helpful on these sorts of matters.

Thank Post

I think Ticker is right, not been able to get hold of the woman at HR, but I reckon that it is company Pay they are on about..

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information