+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, CompuTeach in General; ...
    Thank Post

CompuTeach

currently looking at studying towards a MCPD with CompuTeach and getting out of education, as there are alot of jobs that would pay alot more (looked on moster and jobsite) for these skills.

what are you opinions of computeach

(costs £1679 for 12 months)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Never used. Would you not do better doing self study with a MS exam book (£40), in your own time and take the exam (£88) when ready?

Thank Post
    HI

I do it with the ms self student books or with the local college which is a fraction of the cost of the course you are talking.

Richard

4. Thanks to ricki from:

guitar999able (27th May 2011)

Thank Post
    has anyone heard of BANGZO??? (for books)

MCPD Self-paced Training Kit: NET Framework Web Developer Core Requirements: Exams 70-536,70-528,70-547: Microsoft .NET Framework Web Developer Core Requirements

just seems very cheap, and not heard of them.... always worries me

Thank Post
    Books and Virtual Machines should do the trick for you, at a fraction of the cost.

Thank Post
    Whilst I understand your desire to get out of the education sector you are currently in, do not rule out looking at higer education, your currently skills would be recognised and the pay is so much better than I see on shown for those in primary/secondary edu on here. Also I keep my eyes on the private sector jobs and I am paid more for what I do and the benefits I get in higher edu than I would in the private sector for a similar role. Also I get a least 2-3 relevant courses a year paid for so am able to keep my skills up to date, its not all rosy but suffice to say, I would not jump readily into the private sector from education.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @gibbo-ap Are these current? Amazon will be a good place for books. Most offical MS books come with 15% off voutcher that you can take and use at any Prometric test centre.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Whilst I understand your desire to get out of the education sector you are currently in, do not rule out looking at higer education, your currently skills would be recognised and the pay is so much better than I see on shown for those in primary/secondary edu on here. Also I keep my eyes on the private sector jobs and I am paid more for what I do and the benefits I get in higher edu than I would in the private sector for a similar role. Also I get a least 2-3 relevant courses a year paid for so am able to keep my skills up to date, its not all rosy but suffice to say, I would not jump readily into the private sector from education.
    i have looked at a few jobs in higher edu but am worried that my lack of degree will hold me back

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbo_ap View Post
    currently looking at studying towards a MCPD with CompuTeach and getting out of education, as there are alot of jobs that would pay alot more (looked on moster and jobsite) for these skills.

what are you opinions of computeach

(costs £1679 for 12 months)
    Just wondering, you want to be a qualified programmer with the .Net framework? As that's what the MCPD is (not sure if you know that already). If you don't already have proper programming experience (added to that the MCPD will not teach you the basic's of programming with the .Net framework), you may struggle getting a programming position, unless you can find a junior/trainee position. I had my C&G's in Programming, my NVQ in Software Creation and at that time part way thru my HNC and I was getting next to nothing when it came to replies to programming positions.

As for Computeach, I haven't used them personally, however one of my mates used them quite a few years ago to gain his ONC and he enjoyed it.

-Ken

P.S. I have only said the above assuming that you don't have a programming background

Thank Post
    For programming its a case of locking yourself away and just learn it. No college/paid for course is going to do it without your effort, your effort being the key component. Don't waste your money, get some good books and self study.

Should just say I am not a programmer, well apart from early stuff like programming in low level stuff with hex and binary, find a few good books and self study does the trick.
    Last edited by jsnetman; 9th November 2010 at 08:08 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread