+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Millenium/Crown/Imperial etc Toner Scam? in General; Also not to be confused with MCS Technology Ltd who do a good line in DELL refurbishments & spares & ...

Thank Post
    Also not to be confused with MCS Technology Ltd who do a good line in DELL refurbishments & spares & we have been buying from them for years too.

Thank Post
    Looks like they're going by the name "Crown" now, had a call from them late on friday and again about 5 mins ago. Had him going for a while on friday until he wanted me to accept a free sample of his magic toner before he'd pay us a visit and buy me lunch as he's been let loose with the company credit card... nice bit of entertainment for a friday!

On the 2nd call I asked for a website but its apparently under construction, told him he'd tried his luck already on friday and wasn't going to get any further today!

Both times he started the conversation by confirming that I was still in the IT department and couldn't name the person he'd spoken to before

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eco View Post
    I've got to say that i have been using these guys for years and found them to be nothing but extremely proffesional!
    Great products at slighty expensive prices but great customer care which is worth a few extra pennies! I'm shocked that anyone has anything different to say! I'll be using them again!
    Not sure if troll..
    I never get telesales calls.. Probably because I don't have a personal phone at my desk or buying authority. Damnit, you guys make me feel left out! D:

Thank Post
    They are still at it... had a call from a lady representing Crown offering me a 'free' supermarket gift voucher & shirts ....... claimed it was a gift because I had completed a survey earlier in the year that had helped them win major contracts. She hung up when I asked them what the catch was

Thank Post
    Sorry to drag this thread back. But yes - Ive just had that call.....

Thank Post
    This is back, we've just had the call from Global Imperial Solutions.

To save you all the headache (some of these may ring a bell):

Peter John Gold - free company director check. Director id 910648812 - Companies House Information

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    This is back, we've just had the call from Global Imperial Solutions.

To save you all the headache (some of these may ring a bell):

Peter John Gold - free company director check. Director id 910648812 - Companies House Information
    He's ~75!

WTF? You'd think he'd know better.

Thank Post
    Checked out the address on Google Street Maps. LOL

It's a shop called "Mail Boxes Etc". See https://plus.google.com/108702154678...2/photos?hl=en

Thank Post
    I've just had Paul from Global Imperial Solutions on the phone.
    I'm looking forward to the 50 worth of M&S vouchers being sent to me, and the toner (minus the order number).
    I also got the same rubbish about 'Any holidays planned?', 'What hours do you work?', 'Anyone in at your school over half term / Christmas?', 'What's your home address so I can send the vouchers?' etc...
    They could sound quite convincing to people not used to dealing with sales calls, especially when they say things such as 'Since your order with us before Christmas' - When we have a managed printing solution.

Thank Post
    looking forward to their call again... will tell them I'm happy with my current toner supplier "Millenium Computer Systems", having brought their magic toners 5 years ago we've never needed any more

why don't these idiots just act like any other business and go legit, surely trading standards should be sorting them out

Thank Post
    Disgraceful that they are still getting away with these things. I'll let you know if anything arrives through the post, this could be interesting...

Thank Post
    I've had Karen call me this morning to confirm the order and to attempt to send onto my home address. As I refused to give my home details out, she cancelled the order. Shame.

Thank Post
    I've just had David from Global trying the exact same scam. He tried the whole sending me 50 of Tesco vouchers to my home address for 'security' and about winning a contract with some major high street companies. He quickly skipped over that they would be sending me a toner that costs 325. On questioning his tone changed and then he put the phone down. Charming!!!

Thank Post
    Just had the same only we got as far as receiving the toner! We were told we could have this first one for free to evaluate and then purchase them once we saw what great value they were. When the toner arrived with an invoice for 325 I called them up to explain what I suspiciously but politely suggested was a misunderstanding and the accounts person, Leanne got quite confrontational saying 'what am I going to say to my boss?'.

Anyway, after I told them that their website didn't work and I had no intention of ever doing business with them, they agreed for us to send the toner back (at our expense).

Is there any formal way of complaining? Can you report things like this?

Thank Post
    Pushy buggers. I just hung up on some fella who tried to get my home address and send me some vouchers and football game tickets if they turn up. Told him I didn't want anything from him and he asked why not....twice! Idiot.
    Funny, I recognised the patter so I searched this forum for global so was having a nice read of this thread while he was trying to sell stuff to me.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast