+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Millenium/Crown/Imperial etc Toner Scam? in General; ...
    Thank Post
    Our Technician got them yesterday trying to get his home address, find out when he wasnt in and send him £50 worth of Waitrose vouchers. I Suppose its a change from footy shirts.
    Wish they had spoken to me instead. Lol

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,976 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Think these guys just popped up on the radar here.

A guy called Liam from 'CBI' said that as we'd been helpful with their research, they were sending us M&S vouchers.

Asked about what printers we use, and then said 'we do 'super long life' cartridges. Was very chatty and friendly until I stated plainly 'no, we aren't interested in that sort of thing. We only by from a select few companies.' Then the conversation simply ended with 'ok, bye.'.

So, another name to ignore I think!

Thank Post
    These guys have stopped phoning me now, I made sure to clarify that they wanted to send me a FREE gift, accepted it and agreed to order one of their toners on trial. When it arrived I phoned them and told them I had changed my mind, and wished to return it as I was entitled to. After some threatening and pointless invoicing(they had no purchase order as I only agreed to have a look at it), they gave up chasing payment and as they never gave me a return address I ended up with a nice pen and some free toner.

This happened twice about 2 years apart and now they no longer ring, which is a pity as I want to deprive them of some more free gifts.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Strange one that OverWorked. Quite a coincidence that despite repeatedly asking to be removed off their mailing / e.mailing lists I still get a load of stuff from a Laura at that Somerset based company whose many handles includes IJT.

Quote Originally Posted by OverWorked View Post
    Yes, that's them. Same script.

I had Laura call me twice a few years ago. I can't believe they are still doing it.

The name of the company this time wasn't MCS though. (It was three letters, I just can't remember).

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    sorry to resurrect this old one, but we just had a call, same old spiel about premier league contracts etc...but the company were "imperial". not one i've heard of before but the crap he mentioned was exactly the same as millenium, word for word....so either they are trading as a new name or another company wants in on the action

Thank Post
    I've just had a phone call from a company calling themselves Millenium inviting me to a "mini Bett show" involving large numbers of suppliers.....has anyone else had this call?

Thank Post
    Also just had a company called "Imperial" with the same Premier League twaddle.

Sounded like the same salesman too.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain.Faulkner View Post
    I've just had a phone call from a company calling themselves Millenium inviting me to a "mini Bett show" involving large numbers of suppliers.....has anyone else had this call?
    That is a similar name but unrelated company. The company you spoke to are Hardware based.

IT Support from Millennium Computers first class IT support contracts and maintenance

9. Thanks to Sylv3r from:

Iain.Faulkner (4th October 2011)

Thank Post
    Had the same today, exactly word for word except they offered me HMV vouchers!

Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Think these guys just popped up on the radar here.

A guy called Liam from 'CBI' said that as we'd been helpful with their research, they were sending us M&S vouchers.

Asked about what printers we use, and then said 'we do 'super long life' cartridges. Was very chatty and friendly until I stated plainly 'no, we aren't interested in that sort of thing. We only by from a select few companies.' Then the conversation simply ended with 'ok, bye.'.

So, another name to ignore I think!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by accura2000 View Post
    Had the same today, exactly word for word except they offered me HMV vouchers!
    Same here just now - offered HMV vouchers - "What's your home address, sir?" How I stopped myself from saying "S*d off, I don't know!"

He spoke very quickly, told me he was going to send me an extra long life cartridge for £200, and asked if the invoice should be made out in my name!

Errrr....no!

Said he would call back after the brochure arrives - and presumably the vouchers...can't wait. I need some new DVDs...

<not holding breath>

Thank Post
    Not had any of these for ages - but had three in the last fortnight. All sounded like the same guy who "forgot" that the last two goes didn't result in any orders.

The first one I had a few years ago was "TekNet" (TekNet Corporation Limited, director was Jasper Folkes, company went bust a few years ago - they wanted to sell a twin pack for £199 per toner) - the first recent one claimed to be TekNet again (despite the company having been dissolved over a year previously). Think that one was Premier League offering shirts etc.

Second one was "Imperio" or "Imperial" (hard to tell as they say the name so fast) again with the football story, didn't let them get to prices as our toner supply is contracted "All our toners are contracted for the next 2 years" and they went.

Today's was Imperio/Imperial again (was pretty bored so decided to see how long I could make the call last before saying no) this time with a supermarket contract offering vouchers for Sainsburys/Tesco/Asda/Argos etc, wanting home address as "things have got lost going to business addresses" so I told them it has to come to the school address (which he didn't complain about). Then after getting a made-up ref number he went on to the premier league story offering a shirt too, wanted to "update records" on how many printers we had.

Then - "The reason we won the contracts is we have a new high capacity toner doing 50,000 pages" blah blah blah - £325 (!!), so again told him we're contracted and this time he wanted us to buy it anyway. I gave him a generous offer of trialling one cartridge if it was completely free of charge. "I can't send out freebies I won't get paid!" - he then kindly offered to hold the invoice for 8 weeks ("That's not free") - managed to get a good 10 minutes out of this "we're contracted, not paying" before I eventually said "We'll have to leave it then" which got the response "OK ill send some info, bye"

Having read up on some other similar scams I'm expecting to receive toner and invoices which I look forward to throwing back in their faces. But three times in 2 weeks? They must be wanting extra cash for Christmas! I'm fairly sure the companies are all connected as the guy sounds identical despite not being a director of any companies since TekNet Corp.

Thank Post
    Well after always feeling a bit left out, I've finally had these jokers call. Was a beauty as well; vouchers for me and my family, to be delivered to my home address of course (they've had them go missing when delivered to schools), wanting to know when I was away from work, these world-saving super toners that are only £200 (they work in every printer ever produced), and finally the promise of free toners for us to try.

Under the name of CBI or something.

Thank Post
    Same clowns are still doing the rounds as "Imperial" with the vouchers.

Thank Post
    Yeah I kept this one guy talking for ages. Apparently there's some Vouchers on the way for tesco for me. He wanted to send them to my home address which of course I refused and said the school address would be fine. Then after a lot of waffle he starts telling me about their manufactured toners and 50,000 page count. My response was "I only buy originals" this was followed by another blurb on the money saving and page count to which I again responded "I only buy originals" then he hung up. I wonder when my vouchers will arrive

Thank Post
    Well I've had a lovely call from Oscar Jones from Imperial trying to send me supermarket vouchers to work (fine as the PTA can use the for fund raising), then wanting to send tickets for football/rugby fixtures which was promptly shot down by me as being classed as a bribe.

Strangely when I wanted his offer of "free 50,000 page toner" for a HP Laserjet 1200 in writing before recieving anything and then asking how on earth they could get 50,000 out of a toner unit that we know can only fit 2,500 to 3,000 pages of toner he kept saying that it was designed for the supermarkets they are supporting. Would love to actually see the size of that unit, because I know it's not possible

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast