+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, weight loss in General; Still sticking to diet and workout, a little disappointing with weight loss as i;ve only lost 4lb in the last ...
    Thank Post
    Still sticking to diet and workout, a little disappointing with weight loss as i;ve only lost 4lb in the last 3 weeks, but am training loads: 3 times a week circuits, play rugby on a Saturday and try to do 1 2 hour mountain walk/climb a week. My fitness has come on loads, lost inches off waist etc but not much weight. I realize some of my fat is turning to muscle but there's a lot more fat to go

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ive only lost a couple of lbs in the last few weeks too but ive noticed it on my waist! My scales also do the bodyfat % but they havnt changed at all, still around 48-49% that I was at almost 20lbs ago. Ive been told it could be me burning muscle but I dont believe that as ive been doing workouts and eating plenty including plenty of protein. I've also been told scales bodyfat readers are very inaccurate and not to worry!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,180 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bondbill2k2 View Post
    Is everyone still sticking to their diets/routines then?

Ive lost 19lbs so far, down to 108.5kg so its going pretty well, still not joined the gym, need to work on strength workouts as ive been doing just cardio, need to improvemt muscle
    Yep... 14lb lost and have now stabilised at a weight I'm happy with. I'm continuing with the exercise and eating plan and am much fitter now.

Thank Post
    I've only skimmed through this thread so not sure if it has been mentioned, but it's not all about weight. I've recently started exercising again after breaking a bone in my ankle nearly 4 months ago and am finding it very difficult. I put on a little weight as lack of mobility and christmas tend to do that to you, but that is not what concerns me. It's how I feel when I am a little active. I can feel that my strength is not what it was, and my fitness has plummeted. When I mention things like diets, my girlfriend always assumes that I think I'm fat and want to loose weight, but thats not it....I just want to eat healthier and feel better especially after a few months of eating comfort food.

I dont really know what I am rambling about, but just remember that you may not loose much weight(or even none at all) for weeks/months at a time, but if you eat right and exercise right, you can see improvements in other areas. Only having a target weight as a goal can sometimes make you loose track of why you are trying to loose weight as it can distract you from the real aim here...namely to feel better and not get out of breath by walking a flight of stairs. The weight will take care of itself as you gradually increase your activity and the change the amount of food to either less or better than what you used to eat. I might not be overweight, but I am heavier than I want to be. However, I do know that if I continue to train and eat right then the weight will come off as my fitness improves and I am more active generally.

Thank Post
    I've lost well over 2.5 stone in six months.

I had some stomach trouble back in September time so I wasnt eating much. After that my stomach obviously contracted and now I can't eat anything near as much as I did before. Most days I'll only have a bowl of porridge between waking up and dinner at night.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    I've lost well over 2.5 stone in six months.

I had some stomach trouble back in September time so I wasnt eating much. After that my stomach obviously contracted and now I can't eat anything near as much as I did before. Most days I'll only have a bowl of porridge between waking up and dinner at night.
    While your weight loss is enviable, assuming you were significantly over-weight to start, a bowl of porridge all day is not a healthy diet and I urge you to find a more healthy eating plan that suits your smaller appetite.

Thank Post
    Thought I'd post a quick update.

Weighed in last Tuesday, lost another 5lbs which takes me to a whopping 18lb total weight loss since January 2nd 2011 and means I am now 29lb's lighter than I was at my absolute highest.

Been a frustrating few weeks though, doctor has told me to cut down my exercise as I'm overdoing it and have pulled a ligament in the top of my leg :-( Hope to be back on it soone though, in the meantime I just have to be even more careful about what I eat (and play more golf, as that's classed as ok exercise :-) )

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain.Faulkner View Post
    Thought I'd post a quick update.

Weighed in last Tuesday, lost another 5lbs which takes me to a whopping 18lb total weight loss since January 2nd 2011 and means I am now 29lb's lighter than I was at my absolute highest.

Been a frustrating few weeks though, doctor has told me to cut down my exercise as I'm overdoing it and have pulled a ligament in the top of my leg :-( Hope to be back on it soone though, in the meantime I just have to be even more careful about what I eat (and play more golf, as that's classed as ok exercise :-) )
    Well done!

I've lost 18lb too since the new year and have been stable at a weight I'm happy with for about 10 days now... just got to keep that weight off!

9. Thanks to elsiegee40 from:

Iain.Faulkner (18th March 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well done everyone! Weighed myself this morning too, 22lbs loss since 10th Jan!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    Well done!

I've lost 18lb too since the new year and have been stable at a weight I'm happy with for about 10 days now... just got to keep that weight off!
    I'm still working on getting weight off, I haven't set myself any long term targets, I'm just wanting to keep losing weight at this point (although I may reevaluate where I want to get to when I get to 36lb's off)

Thank Post
    Feeling well chuffed. I'm 1.5 stone lighter and have gone down to a size 12 (2 sizes)

I fully intend to stay like this

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well my progress has slown since my last update on the 18th ive lost 2.5lbs (I weigh myself a number of times between Friday-Sunday in the morning and go on my average figure as scales are not 100% due to being very precise digital ones) but I havnt done ANY workout or exercise during the last 2 weeks, joining a 24hour gym tomorrow tho

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,892 Times in 1,406 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Due to an accident at work, all my training went out the window. I barely keep up with my JuJitsu and Aikido at the minute, however I am able to miss a few lessons here and there due to my level of skill and knowledge.

Thank Post
    Looking for updates, how is all the exercise and dieting going? I've done ok, lost about 3 inches off my waist, not much in the actual weight dept, but I have been training hard for 3 Peaks challenge which I completed last weekend(Put 4lb on last week inc challenge, but dropped a waist size again)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Lost 2.5ST now since January 35lbs.
    Going gym 3 times per week and eating fairly healthy meals

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast