+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, weight loss in General; Neither does an apple? PMA PMA (Positive mental attitude)...
    Thank Post
    Neither does an apple? PMA PMA (Positive mental attitude)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,674 Posts
    True *sigh*

Why is it that reading everyone's inspirational tales of weight loss makes me feel fat and unhappy?
    I DON'T need to lose weight. I DON'T need to lose weight...

Thank Post
    I don't NEED to lose weight, I choose to lose weight as I feel unhealthy and unfit. I'm sure this time next year i'll be doing exactly the same thing after putting weight back on gradually throughout the year.

Thank Post
    I went from 17st 11lbs (Sept 10) to 14st 5lbs now (Feb 11) and it still slowly going down.

I eat/drink what i want, no stupid/silly diets that are not sustatinable for life.

Most evenings i have the deep fat fryer going or a takeaway. During the day i am eating crisps/chocolate and normal tasty coke, not that diet rubbish that tastes nasty.

Just follow Paul McKenna's i can make you thin, it works, and it makes sense.

I was stupid enough to believe years ago you had to go on diets to lose weight, and thats half the reason i put weight on.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackers View Post
    I went from 17st 11lbs (Sept 10) to 14st 5lbs now (Feb 11) and it still slowly going down.

I eat/drink what i want, no stupid/silly diets that are not sustatinable for life.

Most evenings i have the deep fat fryer going or a takeaway. During the day i am eating crisps/chocolate and normal tasty coke, not that diet rubbish that tastes nasty.

Just follow Paul McKenna's i can make you thin, it works, and it makes sense.

I was stupid enough to believe years ago you had to go on diets to lose weight, and thats half the reason i put weight on.
    How did you manage that? Im not eating realy healthy and not doing loads of workouts and exercise and its coming of pretty well, over a stone in 7weeks is a good enough pase I think! Went out for a curry last week, had a chicken chow mein from the takeaway last week too and went out to the pub last night. Just doing things like jacket potatoe insted of chips, grilled chicken breast instead of beef burger etc....

And not snacking between meals, I have a choccy bar im having with a cup of tea now but its a 80cal timeout bar, just as nice as other choc but without the cals there. Lunch ill have a turkey sandwich and some hot soup No need to diet hard as its only going to do you harm and you wont keep it off!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pooley View Post
    I don't NEED to lose weight, I choose to lose weight as I feel unhealthy and unfit. I'm sure this time next year i'll be doing exactly the same thing after putting weight back on gradually throughout the year.
    No,I mean I really don't need to - am the correct size - some might say slim - I also do a lot of exercise and so am quite fit too.
    I just read all these posts and think that I ought to be doing it!

As for what is a diet - there are two things you have to do to lose weight - eat less and move more - it's as simple as that - but the best way is through lifestyle changes like having a jacket pot instead of chips, and walking to work - then you might keep those changes up in the long term

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Having a jacket pot instead of chips, and walking to work - then you might keep those changes up in the long term
    Yay go my input :P I much prefer them now! Chip shops don't do them tho and if they did they would be battered.
    Jacket, grilled chicken breast and some peppercorn sauce is becoming a popular one for dinner, low cals, low fat high protein, filling, cheap and tasty!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bondbill2k2 View Post
    Jacket, grilled chicken breast and some peppercorn sauce is becoming a popular one for dinner, low cals, low fat high protein, filling, cheap and tasty!
    Sounds nice - but where's the veg?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I forgot :P had some peas and carrots with it too Often have the same but use some loyd grossman (posh yes!) pasta sauce and add some chopped red and green peppers, yum!

Thank Post
    My concern is im not fat, but worried about my belly is starting to grow. planing to get married soon. thinking to join a gym to get in shape. I dont Drink at all, i was a smoker for 5 years and stopped 3 months ago. may be only 1/2 with friends once a while.

Thank Post
    Not looking forward to tonight's weight in....not had a good week. Think I'll have put on a couple of lb's :-(

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain.Faulkner View Post
    Not looking forward to tonight's weight in....not had a good week. Think I'll have put on a couple of lb's :-(
    How did it go?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ok well since starting this thread, ive also started going to the gym (1 hour a week so far) My fitness is getting a bit better, ran a whole 1KM on the treadmill the other day haha!

my weight fluctuates between 92KG on a monday, to 95KG on a friday, but I still cannot get it down to the target 90kg.

But since xmas my eating habits have slipped back to beer and pizza... I need to get back on the wagon.. but Im still happy im not the 102KG I was when I started the thread!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    Ok well since starting this thread, ive also started going to the gym (1 hour a week so far) My fitness is getting a bit better, ran a whole 1KM on the treadmill the other day haha!

my weight fluctuates between 92KG on a monday, to 95KG on a friday, but I still cannot get it down to the target 90kg.

But since xmas my eating habits have slipped back to beer and pizza... I need to get back on the wagon.. but Im still happy im not the 102KG I was when I started the thread!
    Nice improvement, my target is 85KG, 111KG atm started at near 118kg tho! Id recommend doing more then 1 hour a week tho where possible, I aim for around 3-4hours exercise per week.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Is everyone still sticking to their diets/routines then?

Ive lost 19lbs so far, down to 108.5kg so its going pretty well, still not joined the gym, need to work on strength workouts as ive been doing just cardio, need to improvemt muscle

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast