+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 340
General Chat Thread, weight loss in General; I'm doing the 3 peaks challenge in April so I'm looking to get fit as well as less fat currently ...
  1. #91
    pooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    S Wales
    Posts
    1,129
    Thank Post
    77
    Thanked 118 Times in 99 Posts
    Rep Power
    66
    I'm doing the 3 peaks challenge in April so I'm looking to get fit as well as less fat currently doing circuits 2 or 3 times a week and 1 spinning class. In the addicted/mad for
    It mode at the moment. I (and others) have noticed my weight loss ( as I seem to be losing inches faster than weight) which is nice. So I'm happy with the 2lb a week as I 'should' of lost another stone by the end of April.

  2. #92

    witch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    11,118
    Thank Post
    1,371
    Thanked 2,375 Times in 1,672 Posts
    Rep Power
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by pooley View Post
    I'm doing the 3 peaks challenge in April so I'm looking to get fit as well as less fat currently doing circuits 2 or 3 times a week and 1 spinning class. In the addicted/mad for
    It mode at the moment. I (and others) have noticed my weight loss ( as I seem to be losing inches faster than weight) which is nice. So I'm happy with the 2lb a week as I 'should' of lost another stone by the end of April.
    If you are exercising a lot then you will lose inches before weight, for two reasons: you will be toning up and so your muscles will be pulling in, and you will be developing muscles which weigh more than fat.
    TBH it is size and shape, not weight that matters - You can have two people who are the same size but whose weight is very different.

  3. #93

    russdev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    6,920
    Thank Post
    708
    Thanked 550 Times in 365 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    204
    Well since Jan lost 11lbs but main bulk of that came off when first started.7

    In nov/dev put load on (not eat healthy with Christmas and lack of exercise) and then when concentrated in Jan getting back on track first month lost 6lb and between 24th Jan and 13th feb lost 5lbs.

    That puts me back to my pre christmas weight but like anyy weight loss and health program the first bit is always easy to lose it is the second part that is hard.

  4. #94

    nephilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dunstable
    Posts
    11,827
    Thank Post
    1,624
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 1,397 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    426
    A good way to lose fat...do 10 press ups, every 10 minutes for 2 hours...sounds daft but it works the arms, shoulders and chest, and builds muscle, which burns fat like crazy. It will hurt your arms after a while but believe me, it is worth it.

    Same goes for sit ups.

    Over 2 hours 5 minutes, should be like this

    0 Minutes - 10 press ups
    5 Minutes - 10 sit ups
    10 Minutes - 10 press ups
    15 Minutes - 10 sit ups
    20 Minutes - 10 press ups
    25 Minutes - 10 sit ups
    30 Minutes - 10 press ups
    35 Minutes - 10 sit ups
    40 Minutes - 10 press ups
    45 Minutes - 10 sit ups
    50 Minutes - 10 press ups
    55 Minutes - 10 sit ups
    60 Minutes - 10 press ups
    65 Minutes - 10 sit ups
    70 Minutes - 10 press ups
    75 Minutes - 10 sit ups
    80 Minutes - 10 press ups
    85 Minutes - 10 sit ups
    90 Minutes - 10 press ups
    95 Minutes - 10 sit ups
    100 Minutes - 10 press ups
    105 Minutes - 10 sit ups
    110 Minutes - 10 press ups
    115 Minutes - 10 sit ups

    If you are unable to do it after the first hour, break it up for morning and afternoon exercise.

    It tones well and if you think you will be doing 120 reps of each, you will tone up nicely, as well as define your muscles. After a month it should increase to 15 reps of each, and go up each month until 30 reps.

  5. #95

    elsiegee40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    10,716
    Thank Post
    1,784
    Thanked 2,170 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Rep Power
    770
    Far too complicated. Eating sensibly ( see earlier post) and three or four half hour swims or gym sessions per week have done wonders for me

  6. #96

    nephilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dunstable
    Posts
    11,827
    Thank Post
    1,624
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 1,397 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    426
    my way is free, and costs time, but you get good rest between each set of reps

  7. #97
    pooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    S Wales
    Posts
    1,129
    Thank Post
    77
    Thanked 118 Times in 99 Posts
    Rep Power
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    my way is free, and costs time, but you get good rest between each set of reps
    How many times a week are you doing that?

  8. #98

    nephilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dunstable
    Posts
    11,827
    Thank Post
    1,624
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 1,397 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    426
    MON
    WED
    FRI
    SUN
    TUE
    THU
    SAT

    that allows a rest day after each day and gets the body's metabolism in routine to work muscles, build muscles, work muscles, build muscles etc

  9. #99
    somabc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,337
    Thank Post
    83
    Thanked 388 Times in 258 Posts
    Rep Power
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    A good way to lose fat...do 10 press ups, every 10 minutes for 2 hours...sounds daft but it works the arms, shoulders and chest, and builds muscle, which burns fat like crazy. It will hurt your arms after a while but believe me, it is worth it.

    Same goes for sit ups.

    Over 2 hours 5 minutes, should be like this

    0 Minutes - 10 press ups
    5 Minutes - 10 sit ups
    10 Minutes - 10 press ups
    15 Minutes - 10 sit ups
    20 Minutes - 10 press ups
    25 Minutes - 10 sit ups
    30 Minutes - 10 press ups
    35 Minutes - 10 sit ups
    40 Minutes - 10 press ups
    45 Minutes - 10 sit ups
    50 Minutes - 10 press ups
    55 Minutes - 10 sit ups
    60 Minutes - 10 press ups
    65 Minutes - 10 sit ups
    70 Minutes - 10 press ups
    75 Minutes - 10 sit ups
    80 Minutes - 10 press ups
    85 Minutes - 10 sit ups
    90 Minutes - 10 press ups
    95 Minutes - 10 sit ups
    100 Minutes - 10 press ups
    105 Minutes - 10 sit ups
    110 Minutes - 10 press ups
    115 Minutes - 10 sit ups

    If you are unable to do it after the first hour, break it up for morning and afternoon exercise.

    It tones well and if you think you will be doing 120 reps of each, you will tone up nicely, as well as define your muscles. After a month it should increase to 15 reps of each, and go up each month until 30 reps.
    You are mental but well done sticking to that schedule!

  10. Thanks to somabc from:

    nephilim (15th February 2011)

  11. #100

    nephilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dunstable
    Posts
    11,827
    Thank Post
    1,624
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 1,397 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    426
    oddly, you dont realise you have done it over an hour, just set a stopwatch to beep every 5 mins.

  12. #101

    witch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    11,118
    Thank Post
    1,371
    Thanked 2,375 Times in 1,672 Posts
    Rep Power
    703
    OK if you are a bloke but I don't really want shoulders like a prizefighter thanks!
    I do about 150 sit-ups a night which certainly helps.
    But ladies, or gents, if you want a flat tummy then sit-ups alone won't do it. The way that works, although it takes some time, is to suck your gut in as hard as you can for initially 30 secs and slowly increase to sets of I min each. In order to check that you have got your muscles tight, put your hands on your waist and then cough - you will feel the muscles pull in - THAT is where they are supposed to be.
    Takes about 6 weeks to see results but you can do it wherever you are and don't have to stop working!!

  13. #102
    bondbill2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    1,013
    Thank Post
    80
    Thanked 66 Times in 51 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    42
    Burpees are your enemy!

    Turned up the difficulty on my kinect workout and now its adding mountain climber and burpees in large amounts and fast along with push-ups in between and much more intense cardio warmups including long on the spot jogs and "tire drill"

  14. #103

    witch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    11,118
    Thank Post
    1,371
    Thanked 2,375 Times in 1,672 Posts
    Rep Power
    703
    It's half past nine, I have had my breakfast (3 hours ago) and two large apples and I'm STILL HUNGRY!!

  15. #104
    pooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    S Wales
    Posts
    1,129
    Thank Post
    77
    Thanked 118 Times in 99 Posts
    Rep Power
    66
    Drink LOTS of water, I've had about 2/3 litre so far this morning, Breakfast at 7.30 and just drink water when I feel hungry

  16. #105

    witch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    11,118
    Thank Post
    1,371
    Thanked 2,375 Times in 1,672 Posts
    Rep Power
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by pooley View Post
    Drink LOTS of water, I've had about 2/3 litre so far this morning, Breakfast at 7.30 and just drink water when I feel hungry
    Doesn't taste like a doughnut though, does it?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hard drive weight increasing?
    By big_nath in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16th July 2009, 02:40 PM
  2. Quantum SuperLoader LTO3 paper weight
    By iSteve in forum Hardware
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24th April 2009, 02:09 PM
  3. Loss of IP
    By rolfea in forum Mac
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10th November 2008, 11:19 AM
  4. Loss of internet
    By theeldergeek in forum Windows
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12th June 2008, 11:25 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •