+ Post New Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
General Chat Thread, weight loss in General; @ witch I completely plead guilty, I'm terrible without very strict boundaries with food, something I'm having to seriously work ...

Thank Post
    @witch I completely plead guilty, I'm terrible without very strict boundaries with food, something I'm having to seriously work on.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Often the increase in weight seems to be water weight. If I drink a few liters of water a day Ill be lighter the next day, jeans are still a 36" rather then 42" despite having put some back on despite putting 10lbs on from my lowest. My eating habbits have changed but I've also been eating out alot recently so choosing the slightly healthier options as I always do now e.g. chicken breast and jacket potato rather then a mixed grill and chips, large burgers with bacon double cheese etc....

Checking calorie and fat content of food is something I still continue to do but when eating out mainly at gastro pub chains its that much harder :P

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I gave up alcohol for lent and continued an extra 10 days. In that 50 days, I didn't change my exercise or my eating regime and i lost 6 kilos. I have started drinking again and the 6 kilos have piled back on.

So i need to figure out how to balance the booze with enough exercise to burn it off.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    I gave up alcohol for lent and continued an extra 10 days. In that 50 days, I didn't change my exercise or my eating regime and i lost 6 kilos. I have started drinking again and the 6 kilos have piled back on.

So i need to figure out how to balance the booze with enough exercise to burn it off.
    What do you drink? You could also try drinking by the glass rather than by the barrel by the sounds of it

Thank Post
    For those of you with Xbox and Kinect this just lauched in the states, and is coming to the UK this week

Xbox Live's Major Nelson » Kinect PlayFit launches today :

Kinect PlayFit is a new fitness dashboard that aggregates and tracks the calories you burn as you play a variety of Kinect games

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay View Post
    What do you drink? You could also try drinking by the glass rather than by the barrel by the sounds of it
    not as much as i used to. Around 3 bottles of wine and 12 beers a week.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,051 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    drop 1 wine bottle and 2 beers a week. That its a full meals worth of calories

8. Thanks to featured_spectre from:

RabbieBurns (12th July 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Bringing this thread back to life with the latet installment in my tale for a return to fitness.

You may remember me writing that I started running last Octoberdue to M&S telling me I was a 38" waist in 'smart' trousers. Even though Inwas 36" waist in jeans.

Well almost a year on, I'm comfy at 3 x 10k runs a week and went for new school trousers today. Chuffed to find I was a 34" waist again. Hoorah I though but alas I have hadto get 36" trousers due to 34" being too tight around the groin (calm down ladies) and the bum. Also tight on the thighs. This is dueto muscle developing. Oh well.

Weight wise - last October - 15st 2. Now - 13st 12. Long way to go before 12st 8.

How is everyone else doing?

Gareth

Thank Post
    I got really fed up with the low carb diet and the meals and fell off the rails for a bit putting about a stone back on. I've changed to the Harcombe diet which seems to be working really well and has a much better range of food you can eat. It's basically about avoiding processed food and not mixing carbs and protein too much in the same meal. I've lost all the weight I put back on and have lost another 6lbs beyond that I'm actually quite pleased as my skin was getting really saggy before, but this time it seems to have shrunk better with me. I'm also in sight (1 stone away) of being overweight rather than obese on the BMI scale
    Exercise wise, getting a new dog has made me a lot more active, I do 2 of the 3 walks each day and play with him quite a lot, can't wait until he's old enough next year to go on some decent long walks. I'm really noticing the difference when walking as I used to come back with really sore knees and an inflamed ankle from an old injury, don't get any of that now. Another couple of stone and I may even start doing some running again which I haven't done for years!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,823 Posts
    Well done @garethedmondson and @teejay
    I have put a bit on over the summer but it will soon come off - I have been to 4 high-level classes a week so the damage isnt too great.
    I know what you mean about trousers though, @garethedmondson, since I have been doing lots of interval training my trousers are tighter because my 'glutes' are more developed...(buns of steel, yay!)

12. 2 Thanks to witch:

garethedmondson (2nd September 2012), teejay (2nd September 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223