+ Post New Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
General Chat Thread, weight loss in General; @ elsiegee40 : Ooh! Err! Missus! I have just re-read what I have written and...............well it could have a double ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 749 Posts
    @elsiegee40:

Ooh! Err! Missus!

I have just re-read what I have written and...............well it could have a double meaning but only if you have a mind to be thinking like that in the first place, its not like you @elsiegee40?

Must be something in the water.......................or have you been reading those books..................what are they called now................."50 shades of grey" Mmmmm!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,374 Times in 1,671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman View Post
    I have just re-read what I have written and...............well it could have a double meaning but only if you have a mind to be thinking like that in the first place, its not like you
    It is like YOU though - honestly, double entendre and talk of naked females - what is going on???

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 1,030 Posts
    I've dropped about a stone so far - Still training for my 10 miler in October. Been also doing weights though so can't really go on weight as increased muscle a lot especially in my legs!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 749 Posts
    @witch:

In all honesty I really didn't mean for it to sound like that but I am sure to the ladies of this forum it may seem a little exuberant and fracticious but truthfully it was not meant that way.

It is as you say from my past virtues "Just like me" but its all in the "Best possible taste" hehe!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well I've not had much progress recently but I've been going biking twice a week doing a 7mile mountain bike trial route and I've also began rock climbing (mainly bouldering) once a week which you really do feel the next couple of days! weight hasn't really changed since last September It went down to just over 200lbs but back at around 214lbs now some of this is muscle I assume as I began doing alot more weights at the gym but having not been to the gym for near 2months I've began going out much more as I enjoy it and overall burn alot more going out for 2-3hours on the bike. Diet has gone to pot tho eating w/e recently but about to change that again bringing lunch to work rather then going tescos most days, nice Chilli jam and chicken breast in a weight watchers wrap today, 2L bottle of water also on my desk must drink more water!

Thank Post
    Had a bit of a break the last half term and put 11lbs back on, have lost that and another 6lbs since I got back on the diet after the Edugeek conference.

7. Thanks to teejay from:

bondbill2k2 (9th July 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    Regular exercise and avoiding snacking have been the key for me!
    This! have been reading over the posts and dieting is really not a great idea unless you are seriously over eating. Best thing to do is have a group of 2 or 3 friends to go to the gym with and start a program. You will keep each other motivated and the program will become routine and just part of your day. A nutritious breakfast and 2 good meals a day should be all you need and the weight will start falling off in no time. I cant emphasize how much having a group of people to train with helps with motivation.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Did anyone see the series The Men Who Made Us Fat? It's still on iplayer, and well worth a watch.

Also, you could do some research on The French Paradox. In a nutshell, the French eat far more saturated fat, but suffer far less heart disease and have less of an obesity problem.

The latest theory behind this is reasonably simple - they eat good quality food (instead of large quantities of poor quality food), they don't eat on 'auto-pilot' in front of the telly, they don't bolt their food thus short-circuiting the "I'm full" signals, and they eat much smaller portions. The UK's clean plate, 'eat up all your food' maxim really has a lot to answer for.
    Last edited by jinnantonnixx; 9th July 2012 at 10:10 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnantonnixx View Post
    Did anyone see the series The Men Who Made Us Fat?
    Also, you could do some research on The French Paradox. In a nutshell, the French eat far more saturated fat, but suffer far less heart disease. In the '90s it was proposed that wine had some part to play, but that's shown to be bunkum. The latest theory behind this is reasonably simple - they eat good quality food, they don't eat on 'auto-pilot' in front of the telly, they don't bolt their food thus short-circuiting the "I'm full" signals, and they eat much smaller portions. The UK's clean plate, 'eat up all your food' maxim really has a lot to answer for.
    Thats what Paul McKennas i can make you thin system works like. I used it and dropped from 18 stone down to 13 stone 2lbs eating all the things the diet industry have conditioned us to believe you cannot eat if you want to lose weight. I would have normal coke, not nasty diet, normal products, not low fat tasting crap, and takeaways, and i would also eat veg and other stuff when i felt i wanted it. Once you get your head to think the same as a thin persons, the weight just starts to fall off, weight gain/loss is all in the head.

What you eat effects your health, how much you eat and why you are eating effects your weight loss or gain, people forget healthy eating does not create weight loss.

Also look on supersize vs super skinny, if chocolate etc really made you over weight, why is it always the skinny ones that live off what we call junk food but are stick thin????

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    To go along with gareth and update this myself...I have dropped a further 6gs...it went slowly as I sprained my ankle and had a microfracture on a metatarsal so was restricted to light duties...now I am at 135kgs...total weight loss so far is 28kgs (4stone nearly). Waist size is now 44/45 (depends on clothes maker). It is slowly coming off and I am happy.

Gareth massive well done to you mate
    That's great @nephilm - keep going. People often don't think that 4 stone is a lot - but put that into bags of sugar or bags of cement and they realise.

Gareth

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yes, the Paul Mckenna book is excellent. It really works. I saw it in a charity shop for 99p so I bought it out of curiosity. I lost a stone without effort with this method. 'Only' a stone, as I'm at a healthy weight and very active. The best part is that it's not a diet.
    Last edited by jinnantonnixx; 9th July 2012 at 10:30 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    I've dropped about a stone so far - Still training for my 10 miler in October. Been also doing weights though so can't really go on weight as increased muscle a lot especially in my legs!
    Wowsers - 10 miles is an amazing distance. I completed my first 10 miler the other week (Running Activity 9.93 mi | RunKeeper) and I felt good after it with little aches. What has happened is that I have lost my running mojo since doing it - which could account for the performance yesterday.

Good luck with it - let me know your time.

Gareth

Thank Post
    What worries me is the number of you who have put quite a bit of weight back on after stopping your diets. This is not good and shows that you havent really changed your eating habits "in your head" but you can only force a change when you are checking the scales every five minutes.
    It is all about lifestyle, not a specific diet. As I said, portion size has a good deal to do with it, as does snacking and 'living to eat'
    As @jinnantonnixx says, less food but better quality is the key.
    I eat pretty much what I want and never weigh myself. But I keep an eye on the fit of my clothes and I do a lot of exercise which seems to keep me the same size. I am not, and never will be a size 8 but I am the correct weight for my height, fit and toned.
    Getting too old to be really skinny anyway. Skinny only suits those who are naturally that way.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    What worries me is the number of you who have put quite a bit of weight back on after stopping your diets.
    I'm relieved to say that it's not "quite a bit" in my case. I got too thin at one stage... I don't know why. I have put on some weight and then stabilised... but I still wear the smaller clothes I bought around Easter last year

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    I'm relieved to say that it's not "quite a bit" in my case. I got too thin at one stage... I don't know why. I have put on some weight and then stabilised... but I still wear the smaller clothes I bought around Easter last year
    Didn't mean you!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread