+ Post New Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
General Chat Thread, weight loss in General; Originally Posted by Iain.Faulkner Been a while since I took part in this discussion (too long really!), but at the ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain.Faulkner View Post
    Been a while since I took part in this discussion (too long really!), but at the start of the year I booked my wedding and resolved to lose 1 1/2 stone by the wedding date (6th April).

Started out at 20 stone 10lb's and after last nights weigh in, I'm now down to 19 stone 10lb's, so a stone off so far this year :-), not really doing anything massively special, reduced intake and increased what I'm burning off, and as a main part of my intake I'm eating much more fruit during the day (I actually feel like I'm eating more regularly than I was when I was putting weight on). Going to the gym once or twice a week (currently doing about 45 minutes exercise a time, 5 mins cross trainer and 40 minute, 5km run) and playing 5-a-side football twice a week, so a fair bit of activity in there.

I am really enjoying the increased fitness levels I'm experiencing though, makes playing 5-a-side football so much easier and more enjoyable when a little bit lighter and a bit fitter.

Although I know you should take it a pound at a time, I have revised my target to lose 1 stone 11lb's by the wedding so my weight begins with an 18 (been about 4 years since I could say that!)......5 weeks to go to the wedding (6th April), 11lb's to lose.....best get myself down the gym a bit more :-)
    Well it's still coming off, weighed myself last night and I'm now down to 19 stone 3 lb's so another half a stone off this year which puts me down by 1 1/2 stone (21lb's). The new target of being in the 18's by the wedding is well within reach :-) If I had a little bit longer to go, then I would have gone for a wedding weight of 18 stone 10 lb's so I would have been 3 stone lighter than I was when me and the Mrs got together, but sadly I think it's a bit late to reach that.

But anyway, 10 days till wedding, 4lb's to lose........

2. 2 Thanks to Iain.Faulkner:

elsiegee40 (27th March 2012), teejay (27th March 2012)

Thank Post
    Well done Iain, that's really good going

For me, the weight loss stalled a bit over the last month as I've been trying different diets and some I was putting weight on! Got one that works for me now and am also getting out walking most evenings which I'm really enjoying and has taken off the weight I put on plus a couple of pounds.

4. Thanks to teejay from:

Iain.Faulkner (27th March 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,410 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm not measuring weight as I don't get on the scales too often to keep track, so instead I've decided to measure by size.

I started my new job a waist size 54 (yes you are reading that correctly), after nearly 2 months in my job, I am pleased to say its down to 46/47.

I do know my starting weight and current weight also, they were 163kgs starting weight and 141.6kgs now. It's an average of 11kgs a month / 1.1kg every 3 days.
    Last edited by nephilim; 18th April 2012 at 04:07 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Nobody has been in this thread for a while so I thought I'd pop in and say I ran my first organised 10K today - what a bitch it was as well. It was stupidly warm (yes I know it's been raining). I came 99th (out of 104) - The majority of the runners were club runners so I was out of my league.

Still- onwards and upwards. Not my fastest 10K and i'm a little let down by myself - but it was very hilly.

Gareth

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,188 Times in 1,619 Posts
    It's not that long ago that you wouldn't even have contemplated running... let alone completed 10k @garethedmondson

Well done!

Thank Post
    That really is a fantastic achievement @garethedmondson, stuff the time, you completed it and you beat 5 people

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thanks guys. My mother just told me off for being so self-depreciating (is that even a saying?).

Swansea 10k in September. I'm chuffed really with the running but cannot loose weight at all. Putting 14.5 stone around a 10k cannot be good. I need to loose more weight!

How is everyone else getting along?

Gareth

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,410 Posts
    Blog Entries
    To go along with gareth and update this myself...I have dropped a further 6gs...it went slowly as I sprained my ankle and had a microfracture on a metatarsal so was restricted to light duties...now I am at 135kgs...total weight loss so far is 28kgs (4stone nearly). Waist size is now 44/45 (depends on clothes maker). It is slowly coming off and I am happy.

Gareth massive well done to you mate

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    It's not that long ago that you wouldn't even have contemplated running... let alone completed 10k @garethedmondson

Well done!
    Are you my Mum in disguise? She said the same. She pointed out that I hadn't been running a year yet

Gareth

12. Thanks to garethedmondson from:

elsiegee40 (8th July 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,379 Times in 1,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garethedmondson View Post
    Are you my Mum in disguise? She said the same. She pointed out that I hadn't been running a year yet

Gareth
    Absolutely - a 10k is a heck of an achievement.
    As for weight loss though - I'm afraid that your body gets used to the running if you don't vary it. Can I suggest you look at interval training? This is supposed to be the best way to lose weight etc. And of course muscle is heavier than fat so you probably have lost weight anyway.
    See: Interval Training Workout Routines - How to Design Interval Training Workout Routines
    Basically you warm up and then alternate very fast and slower running.
    and @nephilim - well done!
    Last edited by witch; 8th July 2012 at 08:59 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,784 Times in 1,107 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Mrs Dook and I stopped fretting about it all and have lapsed a fair bit, putting on some weight. We have started again but have decided not to go for a weekly weigh in because those sort of groups are just not for us. Even updating things on Facebook can end up being too pressured.

The secret for us is to relax, be sensible and crack on with it.

We have a big lifestyle coming up anyway and that is taking priority.

Well done to those who have been sticking with it all ... you are a source of inspiration.

15. Thanks to GrumbleDook from:

nephilim (8th July 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,379 Times in 1,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    The secret for us is to relax, be sensible and crack on with it.
    The secret is portion size!! ( I am convinced of this - apparently all our portions are far too big). And keeping busy...
    Good luck with the lifestyle change

Thank Post
    Like Mr & Mrs Dook... I've lapsed a bit, but am still nowhere near the weight I started at

Regular exercise and avoiding snacking have been the key for me!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 754 Posts
    @witch:

I always like my portions of a size I can manage without over stretching myself, I always like to fulfil my needs and that of others with a portion that suits that persons requirements don't you think?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman View Post
    @witch:

I always like my portions of a size I can manage without over stretching myself, I always like to fulfil my needs and that of others with a portion that suits that persons requirements don't you think?

Behave yourself!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread