+ Post New Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
General Chat Thread, weight loss in General; I got a Kinect and Yourself Fitness 2012 for Christmas. Im finding it pretty good so far....

Thank Post
    I got a Kinect and Yourself Fitness 2012 for Christmas. Im finding it pretty good so far.

2. Thanks to JJonas from:

denzal2k4 (2nd March 2012)

Thank Post
    I'm currently doing something called the Metabolic diet which is a version of the Ketogenic diet.

High Protein, High fat , low carbs. Causes your body to switch from carbohydrates to fat stores/fat from food as the primary energy source which is better utilised and burnt off in the body.

I've done three days of no carbs and feeling really good - get to eat a lot of my favourite foods just without the additional carbs.

Thank Post
    Went clothes shopping at the weekend as jeans were becoming low riders, now in a tops with no X's in front of the size and jeans where the waist measurement begins with a 3

-28 31' 48.89", +28 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay View Post
    Went clothes shopping at the weekend as jeans were becoming low riders, now in a tops with no X's in front of the size and jeans where the waist measurement begins with a 3
    I'm trying to work out if the reduced food bill covers the cost of smaller clothes. I'm down over 4 stone in the past year.

Thank Post
    I'm trying to work out if the reduced food bill covers the cost of smaller clothes. I'm down over 4 stone in the past year.
    Varies, I eat a fair amount of fruit now which is more expensive than the cheapo rubbish I used to throw down my throat, so it's probably about the same still.

Thank Post
    I tend to stick to the supermarket clothes and other cheap outlets while I'm losing weight, so that's not too bad. Being on a low carb diet has put the food bills up though, meat is flippin expensive now!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay View Post
    I tend to stick to the supermarket clothes and other cheap outlets while I'm losing weight, so that's not too bad. Being on a low carb diet has put the food bills up though, meat is flippin expensive now!
    I'm wheat free and buy lots of chicken breasts, mostly from Costco so not too bad.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCheese View Post
    Varies, I eat a fair amount of fruit now which is more expensive than the cheapo rubbish I used to throw down my throat, so it's probably about the same still.
    Yes. I go through a fair bit of fruit, especially as my diet is calorie counting and I do lots of exercise.

Thank Post
    lost 7lbs in two weeks with Yourself Fitness 2012 - but ate two many naughty things this weekend, so not expecting that trend to continue

Thank Post
    Been a while since I took part in this discussion (too long really!), but at the start of the year I booked my wedding and resolved to lose 1 1/2 stone by the wedding date (6th April).

Started out at 20 stone 10lb's and after last nights weigh in, I'm now down to 19 stone 10lb's, so a stone off so far this year :-), not really doing anything massively special, reduced intake and increased what I'm burning off, and as a main part of my intake I'm eating much more fruit during the day (I actually feel like I'm eating more regularly than I was when I was putting weight on). Going to the gym once or twice a week (currently doing about 45 minutes exercise a time, 5 mins cross trainer and 40 minute, 5km run) and playing 5-a-side football twice a week, so a fair bit of activity in there.

I am really enjoying the increased fitness levels I'm experiencing though, makes playing 5-a-side football so much easier and more enjoyable when a little bit lighter and a bit fitter.

Although I know you should take it a pound at a time, I have revised my target to lose 1 stone 11lb's by the wedding so my weight begins with an 18 (been about 4 years since I could say that!)......5 weeks to go to the wedding (6th April), 11lb's to lose.....best get myself down the gym a bit more :-)

Thank Post
    Congratulations Iain

After 2 months off work and having to live of take out as I couldnt see well enough to cook (especially after burning a pan of soup) Now i'm back to my normal self, i've cut out junk food and started eating healthly again and now cycle everywhere, so hopefully the weight i put on will soon becoming off

13. Thanks to mdrabble from:

Iain.Faulkner (2nd March 2012)

Thank Post
    A few years back I used to be 18 and a half stone, I managed to loose a few stone through eating properly, but then lost another 3 stone taking me to 13 stone.

When I was 18 stone, I used to get told by friends and family, its not good for you to be that weight, so then when I lost the weight I then got told by friends and family you look really ill. Ive now ended up putting weight back on, not as crazy as 18 stone, but a few stone and im now trying to lose a bit but also keep looking healthy, its quite difficult.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,180 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Well done @Iain.Faulkner

I lost loads last spring and have put a little back on. I'm not trying to lose weight any more - I'm now just over a stone lighter than I was in January 2011 and that suits me I just try to keep the right side of 11 stone. (I'm 5'11")

I keep up with visits to the gym - usually 3 times a week for about 45 minutes - and have kept up with my poached egg for breakfast and home-made soups for lunch. I feel A LOT better and fitter!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JJonas View Post
    lost 7lbs in two weeks with Yourself Fitness 2012 - but ate two many naughty things this weekend, so not expecting that trend to continue
    Games can be healthy! My weight loss started when I purchased a Kinect Christmas 2010 and it came with yourshape fitness evolved the prequel to Yourself fitness 2012, ate healthier and lost around 20lbs in 3 months with it. Not really used it since then as I joined a local gym but from September last year I stopped going much, now a member of a closer and much nicer better kept gym and im getting into the habit of 4-5 times per week doing at least 2 miles on the treadmill each night which I aim for under 20mins but I've started to do more HIT workouts. Put on around 6lbs over Christmas too, now the Christmas weight is back off I'm 58lbs down on this time last year and counting!

Lets tech up the PE dept, Kinect in future lessons?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It's always inspirational to read what others are doing in their quest for fitness or weight loss. I'm up and down at the moment - running is going well and I've now set myself the first organised run in March. I should (in theory) run it fine as it's half my running distance. I'm up to 10K at a push so 5K should be no bother.

The weight is an issue. I'm not losing any. I'm fitter but am still over 14stone. No way I can run a marathon at that weight.

Once the 5K Sport Relief is out of the way I will be upping to 10K runs twice a week. ready for the Swansea 10K races that take place in the summer.

Now that the nights are getting lighter for longer, running after work is a joy.

Gareth

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread