+ Post New Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast
General Chat Thread, weight loss in General; Inspection and Christmas have done it for me I'm nowhere near the weight I was this time last year, but ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,413 Times in 1,767 Posts
    Inspection and Christmas have done it for me

I'm nowhere near the weight I was this time last year, but some serious work is needed

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 934 Posts
    I haven't consulted a set of scales in years but I know something is going wrong as I cannot fasten the top button on my jeans anymore Now either the washing machine is shrinking them or I'll getting tubby

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,627 Times in 1,822 Posts
    Put some of the weight I lost back on but will start again this week - last week the staff room was full of people's left over cakes and chocs, as was the house. But I sent the children back to Uni with a box of sweets and a box of biscuits each and now there isnt much left except some nuts!

Thank Post
    I just got on the scales and I was under a milligram. Like 0mg I thought.

Thank Post
    Put 8lb on since October, prob half that was over Christmas, have started back eating healthy and excersizing, first weigh in is Tuesday morning, hope to of shifted a couple of pounds.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    As much as it sucks to see that weight increase over the holidays is great ot see it drop off and normly pretty fast as you start the new year and it gives you a good confidence boost I think saying "Look its not that hard you can loose this easy and you ate like a pig for 2 weeks!"
    Weigh in Sunday and im less then 2lbs off my early December weight again but I only went to the gym once last week and went to the pub the night before my weigh in for food. My main advantage is I dont drink. I think ill make the gym visits 3 times per week but more intense and longer rather then kidding myself each weekend saying I'll go 4-5 times then I end up kicking myself after making it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by garethedmondson View Post
    Yesterday saw my first 10K run. Extremely happy with that but sore this morning. Was quite slow at 1hr 23min so there is the benchmark for future 10k runs. Gareth
    Thats given me a benchmark to try and beat thanks

Thank Post
    I didn't lose or gain anything over the holidays :P (I'm around 9st 10lbs now, so def don't need to lose anymore!) Aside from the main event days (Xmas day/new years eve) I stuck to my usual diet and tried to get a few cycle rides in so all is well >.> I drank a fair amount tho so I'm surprised it didn't change.
    Last edited by DrCheese; 9th January 2012 at 11:26 AM.

Thank Post
    In reply to a message posted to me almost a year ago, if you do encounter massive weightless without exercise (even with much less food) check it out.

I've lost 4 stone in 14 months, and tomorrow I get the joy of a camera shoved down my throat. I've also been anaemic for several months without realising - well it makes sense now, light head, cold and fuzzy extremities, getting up with under 12 hours sleep is like waking the dead, migranes, bouts of sickness etc.

I ignornatly thought I'd just lost weight, and that the other symptoms were just a physical response to not enjoying work at the moment. Actually I'm bleeding internally somewhere, and was lucky it was caught with a blood test for a stomach bug.

Don't risk it! God knows what they'll find tomorrow ...

Thank Post
    Doesn't sound very pleasant. Hope all goes well.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    In reply to a message posted to me almost a year ago, if you do encounter massive weightless without exercise (even with much less food) check it out.

I've lost 4 stone in 14 months, and tomorrow I get the joy of a camera shoved down my throat. I've also been anaemic for several months without realising - well it makes sense now, light head, cold and fuzzy extremities, getting up with under 12 hours sleep is like waking the dead, migranes, bouts of sickness etc.

I ignornatly thought I'd just lost weight, and that the other symptoms were just a physical response to not enjoying work at the moment. Actually I'm bleeding internally somewhere, and was lucky it was caught with a blood test for a stomach bug.

Don't risk it! God knows what they'll find tomorrow ...
    Good luck!

I had an over-active thyroid after the birth of my second child (Graves Disease) which was diagnosed after I started losing 7lb a week! Initially delighted the baby fat came off so quickly, I rapidly realised something wasn't right and ended up on 6 months of block and replace drug treatment.

The side effects of the drugs, and the side effects of the drugs used to treat the problems caused by the initial drugs, were dreadful... but they did work. I was taking 30 pills a day, but at least I didn't have to drink radioactive iodine to kill off part of my thyroid.

Thank Post
    Happy days, today's weighing shows a loss of 2lb, a nice start to the new year.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,627 Times in 1,822 Posts
    Sounds awful, Trapper - good luck!

Oh I really want a packet of crisps! - So annoying when you havent eaten crisps for so long and get used to not having them, and then a couple of packets at Christmas and it all goes pear-shaped! (as do I!!)

Thank Post
    I had a chocolate biscuit fail yesterday I was on an interview panel at my governor school for the whole day (8 candidates) and was desperate for a sugar hit about an hour before lunch. I did only have 2 though and managed to stay off them for the rest of the day.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    I had a chocolate biscuit fail yesterday I was on an interview panel at my governor school for the whole day (8 candidates) and was desperate for a sugar hit about an hour before lunch. I did only have 2 though and managed to stay off them for the rest of the day.
    Thats pretty good going I normly end up having most a packet if I have a sudden wanting for biscuits! I used to be addicted to energy drinks, mainly Monster almost 1 every day back in 2010 but in 2011 I went about 6 months without any, had a few since then and started to crave them now but limit myself to about 2 per week and always make sure im super careful the rest of the day on food and drink.

Thank Post
    Got my old bike out of the garage last May, and started riding again. Diet remained as was, with portion control added!!

So far I've lost 1.5st, and kept it off. As a treat got myself a new bike for Xmas (Well, new to me anyway), and am working on the next half a stone.

Only another 2-3 to go after that one!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread