+ Post New Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, weight loss in General; Gosh it is tough as you get older - I have been so good for nearly 4 weeks and I ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,091 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Gosh it is tough as you get older - I have been so good for nearly 4 weeks and I have lost about 4 pounds, I reckon

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Now back to my 36" jeans brought another pair from Next last week. Weight no longer wants to shift tho, ive been fairly good but have treated myself each night to a options hot choc, the only 40cal ones, keeping up the gym routine again almost daily aiming to burn 300-400cal but I have somehow gained 3lbs a few weeks back and not lost any my goal is 6lbs less then I am now by christmas!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bondbill2k2 View Post
    Now back to my 36" jeans brought another pair from Next last week.

28" waist. I'm not thin... I'M AERODYNAMIC!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bondbill2k2 View Post
    Now back to my 36" jeans brought another pair from Next last week. Weight no longer wants to shift tho, ive been fairly good but have treated myself each night to a options hot choc, the only 40cal ones, keeping up the gym routine again almost daily aiming to burn 300-400cal but I have somehow gained 3lbs a few weeks back and not lost any my goal is 6lbs less then I am now by christmas!
    If you've stalled, now is the time to supplement to help shift further. I can go into detail but you'll be popping pills and taking protein shakes which may not be your cup of tea.

5. Thanks to Butters from:

JoeBloggs (8th December 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,738 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Weigh-in on thursday had me down by another 1 1/2 lbs (after a 3 weeks of maintaining / small gain due to conferences) so I am now under 15 1/2 stone. 3 lbs to get to my 2 stone mark!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    If you've stalled, now is the time to supplement to help shift further. I can go into detail but you'll be popping pills and taking protein shakes which may not be your cup of tea.
    I was thinking this, I havn't looked into it much I have some protein shake powder I brought a couple of months back and had it every morning, added it to porridge sometimes as its strawberry and would have some with milk before doing weights once or twice a week but I stopped taking it thinking Im not sure if it makes any real difference. Not looked into supplements more then that tho! Near 60lbs down tho. Threw away some 42" jeans last week

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Evening All,

I don't remember every posting in this thread so wanted to say well done to everyone who is working towards a fitness or weight loss goal.

Here's where I am - Went to get some suit trousers in M&S over the October half term. They didn't fit. I'm a 36" waist in jeans etc but needed a 38" waist in fitted (suit) trousers. NO WAY was I having that. So I came home and started running - this was the 22nd of October. I dug out some running trainers which I bought two years ago (the intention has always been there) - and managed .79 of a mile - stopping three times. I was dying.

Just over a month later (today in fact) - I've just completed a 3.38mile run.

Weird thing is I am not losing any weight. I started at 209lbs and am now 207lbs. I have been told that it is because I am putting on leg muscle and my body is changing shape. I think I agree - my 36" jeans slide on now so I must be changing shape somehow.

Onwards and upwards. Have registered for the St David's Day 5K in March (Cardiff) and the target is the London Marathon when I am 40. (4 years time).

Well done everyone else. Keep track of my progress with the link in my sig.

Gareth

9. Thanks to garethedmondson from:

GrumbleDook (10th December 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garethedmondson View Post
    Evening All,

I don't remember every posting in this thread so wanted to say well done to everyone who is working towards a fitness or weight loss goal.

Here's where I am - Went to get some suit trousers in M&S over the October half term. They didn't fit. I'm a 36" waist in jeans etc but needed a 38" waist in fitted (suit) trousers. NO WAY was I having that. So I came home and started running - this was the 22nd of October. I dug out some running trainers which I bought two years ago (the intention has always been there) - and managed .79 of a mile - stopping three times. I was dying.

Just over a month later (today in fact) - I've just completed a 3.38mile run.

Weird thing is I am not losing any weight. I started at 209lbs and am now 207lbs. I have been told that it is because I am putting on leg muscle and my body is changing shape. I think I agree - my 36" jeans slide on now so I must be changing shape somehow.

Onwards and upwards. Have registered for the St David's Day 5K in March (Cardiff) and the target is the London Marathon when I am 40. (4 years time).

Well done everyone else. Keep track of my progress with the link in my sig.

Gareth
    Went home and started running - Run Forest!
    (Well done btw)

11. Thanks to chrbb from:

garethedmondson (14th December 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,091 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Well done! I used to run a lot - got up to 1hr 15mins but I gave it up because I neither changed shape nor lost any weight! But it is obviously working for you - well done. Weight means nothing -it is shape and fitness that counts

13. Thanks to witch from:

garethedmondson (14th December 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yesterday saw my first 10K run. Extremely happy with that but sore this morning. Was quite slow at 1hr 23min so there is the benchmark for future 10k runs. Onwards and upwards. Dropped another 2lbs as well. Am now 205lbs.

HOw is everyone else doing post XMas?

Gareth

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,738 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Blog Entries
    After Xmas and New Year I had only put on 4 1/2 lbs ... I have weigh-in just before travelling to London for BETT so hoping to have cleared some of that off ... before piling even more on with chocolate, pizza, breakfast-inna-bun, etc ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Managed to put on 8lbs over Christmas but I have now dropped 4lbs back off over the last week now at 209lbs.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 1,011 Posts
    I'm aiming to Drop 2 1/2 Stone in the next few months - Started last monday so will see how it goes! I'm stopping on the beer which i think is going to (hopefully!) have a big impact as I used to drink quite alot!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    I'm aiming to Drop 2 1/2 Stone in the next few months - Started last monday so will see how it goes! I'm stopping on the beer which i think is going to (hopefully!) have a big impact as I used to drink quite alot!
    Well I think Christmas really stuffed me also having a fractured elbow is not helping on exercise front... Anyway back on band wagon after xmas..

Russ

Thank Post
    Yep, Christmas and our holiday in Morocco really did it for me, put on 9lbs. The main problem was the holiday was all inclusive, which was great but as I'd decided I was taking a complete break from dieting over the holiday my brain went back to it's old thinking of regarding all inclusive as a challenge to be taken up with full gusto! Anyway, have been back to a very strict low carb diet since Tuesday and have lost 4lbs already. Excercise is a bit hard at the moment as I've badly sprained my ankle, but getting there.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread