+ Post New Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, weight loss in General; Ok so I'm down to 14st3, finally broken through my 14st 7 plateau, but most noticeably is I've dropped to ...
    Thank Post
    Ok so I'm down to 14st3, finally broken through my 14st 7 plateau, but most noticeably is I've dropped to a 34" waist from 38" at Xmas and 40" at the beginning of September last year. Still doing circuits at least twice a week (if not 3) and have started to add a gym/weights session in to mix things up. Maintaining salads for lunch and a healthy dinner.

Not sure how much more weight I'd like to lose, maybe down to 13.5 but it's nice to see my gut disappearing

How's everyone else doing?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I am doing crap. I still havent managed to shift from the 95KG i was when I started this thread. I have put on a bit of muscle in the arms and shoulders though due to the gym, so feel a bit stronger, but to be honest I reckon all my drinking is really prohibiting any loss.

I do feel a bit fitter walking up stairs etc, but as far as the waste and chin go, I havent noticed a differnece.

Il lbe seeing the family next week and I havent seen them since xmas, so they will give me a frank evaluation.

Thank Post
    Weight shot back up to 13St over Xmas and onwards, lost almost half a stone in the last 2 weeks since running again but a chest infection put stop to that
    Ideally I need to drop a stone more.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Looks like everyone is making great progress! Well ive now lost 46lbs since January, purchased a few new tshirts the other day and opted for the L size, all previous for several years have been XL and I have some XXL. With this hot weather ive also tryed on some old shorts I found which no longer fitted me, 38" they are....they are falling off now without a tight belt! Great to see everyone is keeping it up! Not sure about my target, still got quite abit of belly I think 13 stone should be a good target which I aim to achive my winter
    Anyways its time to leave work now! Off the the gym!

Thank Post
    Not sure what other people are like.

I'm active most days... but generally put on up to half a stone a day.

Get up at 13.5stone, then late evening i'm 14stone. Then in the morning back to 13.5 lol been like this for a year or so now

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,501 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pooley View Post
    Ok so I'm down to 14st3, finally broken through my 14st 7 plateau, but most noticeably is I've dropped to a 34" waist from 38" at Xmas and 40" at the beginning of September last year. Still doing circuits at least twice a week (if not 3) and have started to add a gym/weights session in to mix things up. Maintaining salads for lunch and a healthy dinner.

Not sure how much more weight I'd like to lose, maybe down to 13.5 but it's nice to see my gut disappearing

How's everyone else doing?
    Quote Originally Posted by bondbill2k2 View Post
    Looks like everyone is making great progress! Well ive now lost 46lbs since January, purchased a few new tshirts the other day and opted for the L size, all previous for several years have been XL and I have some XXL. With this hot weather ive also tryed on some old shorts I found which no longer fitted me, 38" they are....they are falling off now without a tight belt! Great to see everyone is keeping it up! Not sure about my target, still got quite abit of belly I think 13 stone should be a good target which I aim to achive my winter
    Anyways its time to leave work now! Off the the gym!

Well done both! I got down to a size 12 in trousers and skirts from a size 16 and my weight is stable now (honest witch!), so I'm well pleased. Other half has got down to 13 stone for the first time for years and his 36" waist trousers are ridiculously large... a shopping trip is needed!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBloggs View Post

Get up at 13.5stone, then late evening i'm 14stone. Then in the morning back to 13.5 lol been like this for a year or so now
    Everyone's weight varies throughout the day. The trick is to weigh yourself at the same time each day. I weigh myself when I get up in the morning... it gives me a me consistent guide as to how I'm doing.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBloggs View Post

Thats the same for everyone, your best off weighing 1st thing in the morning so its going on your body weight after food is digested rather then what you've eaten the past few hours and water weight. No point comparing weights from different times of day or other sets of scales as they might not be configured the same, im using a set of digital weight watchers as I researched and found they were the most accurate around for under around 50

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bondbill2k2 View Post
    Thats the same for everyone, your best off weighing 1st thing in the morning so its going on your body weight after food is digested rather then what you've eaten the past few hours and water weight. No point comparing weights from different times of day or other sets of scales as they might not be configured the same, im using a set of digital weight watchers as I researched and found they were the most accurate around for under around 50
    Or, you could have weighed yourself in your jim-jams in the morning, and fully clothed in the evenings.

I found my own weight ballooning the other morning from 11st to 17st, stepped off the scales and back on, 14st. After 30 years of steamy bathrooms I think it's time for a new set of scales.

Thank Post
    Lost 3 stone leading up to my Florida trip back in april, done so by going on a tried and tested low carb diet. put on nearly 2 stone scince the holiday and scince then we havent been that active or strict diet wise untill the last week or two were we've both lost 5lbs + each

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbaz View Post
    Lost 3 stone leading up to my Florida trip back in april, done so by going on a tried and tested low carb diet. put on nearly 2 stone scince the holiday and scince then we havent been that active or strict diet wise untill the last week or two were we've both lost 5lbs + each
    2 stone gain in 2 months is pretty high, how did you loose the 3 stone, was it gradual?

Thank Post
    I'm doing things a little differently. Aim to compete at either my current kickboxing discipline (Sanda) or as yet undiscovered MA following my 'retirement' from years of TMA training.

Top end of middleweight is 185lbs, currently up to 180-ish lbs from a lean weight of 155lbs two years ago. Not especially lean atm but abs visible. Stand 6' tall.

Put on 5lbs lean mass naturally (I estimate) since January. Run 3 miles 3 or 4 times a week, weight training 3 times a week either 1-2 split routine or 5x5 split training. Trained down the dojo (until my cold) 3 hours a week and kickboxing 2 hours a week on and off.

Bench is up to 77.5kg for 5 reps, probably around 85kg max but I hate 1 rep to failure sets as it's easy for form to slide.

Can't complain, though recently a cold and WEEKS of feeling nasty put me out. Just back up to it.

Thank Post
    its very high but ive always yoyo'd but literally eating junk for a about 8 weeks and hardly any exercise will do that to you not proud of it

3 stone loss was over a period of about 5-6 months, but it really drops off when cutting the carbs

Thank Post
    I don't actually worry too much about my weight as it's increasing due to muscle mass.

I have however dropped from a 36" waist down to a 33" and look and feel a million times better.

No more having a belly is such a boost to confidence.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've started to go out on my bike rather then the gym, do around 8 miles each time sometimes a little more, its more then i'd do at the gym because i'm not simply looking at the same Music chart show day in day out in a boiling hot room with guys grunting on weights too heavy for them and im pretty sure ill benefit more doing this then at the gym on a stationary bike ride doing 4-5miles at a easier pase and a little jogging.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Increased by bike rides to 12miles and have a nice little route to do
    Now lost just over 50lbs and just about under 15 Stone, setting a target of 13 stone for November

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread