+ Post New Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, weight loss in General; ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pshuttle View Post
    Some good advice on here, but running (real life, not the treadmill) is without a doubt the best from of exercise from a general fitness point of view. However, most people find that running distance is hard and guess what? It can be, but the benefits are excellent.

However, be aware that running regularly and especially on the road can put a strain on the joints, muscles and bones of the leg and hip so it is important that you start gradually and work up to a decent distance over time. If you can fit swimming, cycling, hiking and weights (or the gym - personally I hate the gym and would rather work out at home) and or any other sport in during the week then you will start to feel a lot better in a fairly short period of time.

It is also important that with this level of training, that you actually eat a decent amount of food and not cut down too much. Nutritionally it is important that you make healthy choices, but with the level of activity above, having some treats a couple of times a week is not going to make a lot of difference in the grand scheme of things.

Also, if you can get a training partner (someone in the forces or training for the forces is ideal) then it helps to keep you motivated.

Pete
    All very good information, try to add some variety to your workouts and indeed the outdoors not just in a gym. Ive started to go on bike rides of weekends and Im looking at joining a paintball team my mate plays for yay for 4000 balls for £30 rather then my experience at delta force last week 1000 for £70

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    12st sounds a bit light for 6ft 2in unless you are very slightly built. The charts show 12.5 to be the lowest ideal weight, going up to about 13.7
    I'm 6ft 2in and weigh between 10 and a half and 11 stone and am 36. Any advice on putting on weight ?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bondbill2k2 View Post
    Im looking at joining a paintball team my mate plays for yay for 4000 balls for £30 rather then my experience at delta force last week 1000 for £70
    You could also try Airsofting. However, I warn you that it is dangerously addictive.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by difinity View Post
    I'm 6ft 2in and weigh between 10 and a half and 11 stone and am 36. Any advice on putting on weight ?
    Lots of beer and bacon, egg, sausage butties. Seriously though, it might be worth seeing a nutritionist for some quality advice. You may just have a fast metabolism and that is simply the way you are built!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by difinity View Post
    Make sure your eating at least 2500 cals per day and not going over your GDA for salt sugar and fat, do some weights and drink protein shakes or just milk even.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Little update on my progress btw

Thank Post
    I lapsed rather badly on the weight loss and gym side of things and put back on nearly a stone in weight :-(
    The good news is I've been back at the gym for the last couple of weeks, the even better news is I haven't touched a cigarette since my lapse at the Reading conference, am off the patches and don't have the slightest craving for them anymore, in fact I really hate the smell now.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,699 Posts
    Well done to both of you

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Started at around 260lbs, now

Thank Post
    Stress works for weight loss as well, in the last 2 years I've twice lost a stone in a the space of 2-3 days... not good when I haven't got a great lot there to start with lol

Thank Post
    of course gym is very important, but according to what u have said above there is a very serious problem: beer. It contains femail pheromones which make ur tits and belly (stomach) get bigger, like woman's. So my advice is
    1. Give up drinking beer but u should drink more water
    2. Poridge for breakfast plus fruits.
    3. Soup for dinner or in ur place its lunch and also vegetables and fruits
    4.In the evening I'd recommend u to eat fish or meat but not very lard....and go for a walk before going to sleep...and more water
    This is a diet that my lady-friend uses...And of course gym and physical exersise 3-4 times a week....Swimming pool helps perfectly
    Oh, yes, sauna is a great assistant in loosing weight. When u in there u sweat a lot and all harmful matter goes away (donno how to explain in english)...Visiting sauna twice a week or at least oncve a week is perfect way to loose ur weight...But u should eat a lot after eat....if u r hungry eat some fruits or wait for 2-3 hours to let ur body relax....
    this is what we do in russia

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Little update, now 219lbs even after having a week on holiday and not watching what I eat or that much exercise over half term. Really notice the difference, even had pupils at school say have I lost weight and have I been doing weights lmao, was very strange to hear a pupil say that 0_o

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,641 Posts
    I put on weight whilst on holiday over Easter, but it came off again and I am firmly 'stuck' at 11 stone 4 which I'm very happy with. I'm 5'11" and was 12 stone 11 after Christmas.

Poached egg breakfasts and soup lunches continue when I can, as does regular exercise in the pool or gym.

PEO
    Thank Post
    my friend runs has developed a free diet plan which you can download by registering here is the website... check out the success stories as well Essential Foods Diet - essentialfoodsdiet.com he also tries to post regular articles to keep people informed and motivated. hope this helps.

Thank Post
    I played 5 a side with a few staff from here and some from other schools on Friday. Whew, what a workout. I was so unfit that after the first game I had to sub myself off. It was great fun and although I got done over by a few old duffers will quite happily play again this week, body permitting of course.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast