+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, David Camerons....poodle.... in General; This man inspired a generation to vote for him and his party, he then facilitated a Tory agenda that cr@ps ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 624 Posts

David Camerons....poodle....

This man inspired a generation to vote for him and his party, he then facilitated a Tory agenda that cr@ps all over those who believed in him.

Thank Post
    David Cameron is the leader of the Tory party - therefore he implemented a Tory agenda.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,236 Times in 784 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maark View Post
    David Cameron is the leader of the Tory party - therefore he implemented a Tory agenda.
    Yes....but that's Nick Clegg....

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'll assume that's a youtube vid about Clegg? If so, as someone who backed the LD's last time, I'm going to agree with Matt's tag line. They do seem to have rolled over and started merger proceedings with the Tory's pretty damn quickly. So much for holding the balance of power, one would have thought they have enough MP's to effectively veto the most draconian of tory measures coming our way.

Take the Pupil Premium. They promised additional funding over and above the existing schools budget, now that appears not to sit well with their tory masters. If they really believe in this stuff surely they can make a stand a block a bill or two to make their point?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Yes....but that's Nick Clegg....
    ...and the libdems are tory lite when they become minor partners in a coalition.
    whether that's at local or national government level.

what we're seeing is hardly surprising or unprecedented. plus when you look at what the opposition are coming out with now, it's clear that there are only very minor degrees of seperation between the main parties on key issues such as the welfare state and deficit reduction.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    I'll assume that's a youtube vid about Clegg? If so, as someone who backed the LD's last time, I'm going to agree with Matt's tag line. They do seem to have rolled over and started merger proceedings with the Tory's pretty damn quickly. So much for holding the balance of power, one would have thought they have enough MP's to effectively veto the most draconian of tory measures coming our way.

Take the Pupil Premium. They promised additional funding over and above the existing schools budget, now that appears not to sit well with their tory masters. If they really believe in this stuff surely they can make a stand a block a bill or two to make their point?
    are you saying they block the pupil premium ?, or force the funding for that to come at the expense of areas of departmental spend where agreements on cuts have already been reached. Not sure how that can possibly work. it may not be consistent with the political rhetoric pre-election but it was clear there was no 'new' money for the premium.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,154 Times in 982 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The LibDem's got 23% of the vote. It hardly 'inspired a generation'. More casugt the Lbour dissafected. I particularly liek the 'let the bankers get off scott free' remark. Labour did that too. I don't think he's betraying anyone, I think that for the fIrst time the LibDems have been suddenly trust into the horrible reality that is high political office and have to move accordingly. If you honsetly think that any new incoming govt knows the true facts of the state of the nation they are about to govern from the information provided by the outgoing party you are very naive.

*Shaun, wheres that politics form we talked about? It's about to get ugly in here!!!!!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    are you saying they block the pupil premium ?, or force the funding for that to come at the expense of areas of departmental spend where agreements on cuts have already been reached. Not sure how that can possibly work. it may not be consistent with the political rhetoric pre-election but it was clear there was no 'new' money for the premium.
    Okay, I'll thought out example - sorry, just the first thing to come to mind. While I agree with you that the money probably isn't there and with Dox_Box that the realities of government are a world away from the opposition benches, I do remember the LD's being a distinct political party with their own views. With the possible exception of Vince Cable I've seen no evidence of the good fight coming from their ranks. Indeed I'm at a loss as to how a Tory majority government would have been any different to this coalition government.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Okay, I'll thought out example - sorry, just the first thing to come to mind. While I agree with you that the money probably isn't there and with Dox_Box that the realities of government are a world away from the opposition benches, I do remember the LD's being a distinct political party with their own views. With the possible exception of Vince Cable I've seen no evidence of the good fight coming from their ranks. Indeed I'm at a loss as to how a Tory majority government would have been any different to this coalition government.
    maybe the likes of clegg, danny alexander, david laws weren't a million miles away from the tories to begin with. i think something about there being two sides to the party, a bit like how blairites in the labour party were a lot closer in terms of ideology to cameron's tories than they were to those perceived to be 'old' labour. although, to be fair you could't class the brownites in labour as even remotely old labour. at best they were slightly to the left of the blairites.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread