+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, The Nokia N8 in General; Has anyone got one or had a chance to play with one? I'm due an upgrade soon and thought I'd ...
    Thank Post

The Nokia N8

Has anyone got one or had a chance to play with one? I'm due an upgrade soon and thought I'd decided what phone I wanted (Whatever decent HTC with android Orange will be offering at the time) but now I'm thinking the N8 looks nice. I've been well pleased with my Nokia 5800 but it's starting to show its age in some aspects such as web browsing speed etc.

I absolutely love the Joikuspot app which is only available on Symbian Operating systems. Other options are available on Android but not having used them I'm unsure as to how they compare to Joikuspot. Other apps on my phone are nice but nothing else gets the same use I just see them as bonuses rather than must haves (Although the SysAid app could prove otherwise). Its Joikuspot along with the excellent Camera quality that I'm finding really tempting.

So any opinions for or against the Nokia N8?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Android 2.2 comes with WiFi Tethering; but operators may disable this feature if they sell phones with custom firmware. There's nothing to it really - just enable the wifi hotspot and away you go. The AP name and security is configurable. What does Joikuspot do extra?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'm planning to get an N8 at my next upgrade - the mechanical shutter, proper flash and good camera were the big selling points for me. On top of that I'm a big fan of Nokia. If you're feeling patient I'll let you know how I get on with it when it arrives (upgrade day is a few weeks away).

Thank Post
    Joikuspot just works and gives me very reasonable speed, it's only the fact that I haven't used Android's option that I'm wary about the change. Having an app I know works and knowing what sort of speed I would get is a factor in leaning towards this phone. Also recently becoming a father have a great camera in my pocket is a big bonus, any Android phones with similar camera specs? Nokia are advertising the N8 as HD video and 12MP camera

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread