+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, How do you chose you 1st elecricity supplier? in General; I just purchased a new build flat and I am in the process of taking control of the electricity supply ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

How do you chose you 1st elecricity supplier?

I just purchased a new build flat and I am in the process of taking control of the electricity supply and ideally what to get a smart meter Eon is the default provider.

Any suggestions how to chose you 1st supplier? I have electric heating in a two bedroom flat if that has an effect.

Thank Post
    I've just moved to a new build 2 bed flat too, and went with nPower as it was the current provider so was just easier, I did a quick comparison and it was only a couple of quid different to the other suppliers anyway...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholab View Post
    I have electric heating in a two bedroom flat if that has an effect.
    It strikes me as not being worth the bother to worry all that much about your supplier, they're all pretty much the same anyway. I'd go for one that offered a supply from a renewable source. I wouldn't worry too much about the heating if you're in a new-build flat - ours is so well-insulated we hardly bothered with the heaters all through last winter, a couple of small electric heaters should be fine. In my previous flat (which, according to the surveyor who came around to check the energy efficieny, was marginally better insulated than the average tent) I had Economy7 storage heaters and used to pay around 70 a month for electric, but a new build will probably cost way less.

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    I would go round the comparison sites, uswitch, moneysupermarket, etc. and then choose the cheapest. Beware any deals that have penalty clauses that tie you in for a long time as they will probably not stay the most competitive. If you do this every year you should get a good deal.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,867 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I used uswitch and went from British Gas (spending approximately 100 a month on both electric and gas, and thats averaged over the year)...to Ebico and now spend less than 60 a month on electric and gas (thats averaged over the year again).

Thank Post
    As has been said, do a price comparison, then go to Quidco - The UK's Most Popular Cashback & Voucher Code Site and see if you can sign up via them and get some cashback, I just got 50 cashback for signing with eon

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We have just moved into a new flat, I was with British Gas at my old place and switched to E-on here (You can tie in your bills with your clubcard).

I saw a British Gas man outside the other day who asked who we were with. I explained I had just swicted from BG to E-on and his response was: "Why did you leave us for the Germans?"
    Yeah, good way to get business mate, what car are you driving? A citroen? T***.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread