+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Computer Funnies in General; Originally Posted by eduabncs Originally Posted by alan-d lol You know that will haunt you forever don't you? Yup..coz you ...

Thank Post

Re: Computer Funnies

Quote Originally Posted by eduabncs
    Quote Originally Posted by alan-d
    lol You know that will haunt you forever don't you?

Yup..coz you won't let me forget...!

Talking of stuff ups...whats your worst one..? *cheeky evil grin*
    I know this wasn't directed at me... but mine was installing some random kids software directly on the server. Up until that day I had never heard my network manager actually scream out of fright.

Thank Post

We have a problem where even in offices, the teachers love to interrupt the RIS process and attempt to login whilst SMS is installing applications, saying they didn't see the Out of Order message on the keyboard. So I put this message on the PC and selotape it like mad all over the monitor and base unit:

Message from Network Support

This Computer is Out of Order. Please do not attempt to use it in anyway whatsoever! Doing so will only result in the PC being out of action for a lengthier period.

The estimated date for the completion of repair on this PC is Friday 9th February 2007.

However, after this date, please call Network Support before removing this message and using the PC for the first time.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Earlier today, I couldn't understand why the PC wouldn't repond to Remote Desktop, so my collegue called up the office and the Head of Department answered. We asked him if anyone was using the machine. He said no, there is a big note telling them not to. We were confused. So we went to see why, and the Head of Dept. had removed the network cable from the PC so he could use his laptop. He couldn't find the spare cable, that had fallen on the floor!

Next time, I will put the message.

PC OUT OF ORDER

DO NOT USE, TOUCH OR REMOVE ANY CONNECTED CABLES!

RISK OF ELECTRICUTION AND DEATH

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom7000
    PC OUT OF ORDER

DO NOT USE, TOUCH OR REMOVE ANY CONNECTED CABLES!

RISK OF ELECTRICUTION AND DEATH
    The bit they don't realise is the electricution bit involves the network manager and his heavily modified cattle prod and the death bit involves network manager strangling said teacher with an ethernet cable.

Thank Post

Having to rejoin every PC to the network manually cos I accidently deleted one or two records on the server - look I was busy and being distracted - it could have happened to anyone - OK!! :P
    Somehow I deselected the 3 I was after instead of selecting them. So the 3 I was after stayed and the rest sort of dissappeared
    Oooooohhh, that could easily happen alright - nightmare.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Having to rejoin every PC to the network manually cos I accidently deleted one or two records on the server - look I was busy and being distracted - it could have happened to anyone - OK!! :P
    Somehow I deselected the 3 I was after instead of selecting them. So the 3 I was after stayed and the rest sort of dissappeared

It was a long time ago and I was on my own :P
    Too late now, but next time you do this it's worth knowing that AD objects can be undeleted fairly easily as long as you do it before the tombstone expires (default I think is 60 days). An example of how to do it is at http://searchwinit.techtarget.com/ti...141514,00.html - probably worth trying this out on a dummy object you delete before you need it for real :-)

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by srochford
    Too late now, but next time you do this it's worth knowing that AD objects can be undeleted fairly easily as long as you do it before the tombstone expires (default I think is 60 days). An example of how to do it is at http://searchwinit.techtarget.com/ti...141514,00.html - probably worth trying this out on a dummy object you delete before you need it for real :-)
    Thanks - but my techies try and keep me away from the servers now Apparently it halves their workload :?

In a Server Room cutting through a forest of Cat5e
    Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by _Bat_
    I think I am not the only one who feels that everything thinks unless we are fixing someones computer, we aren't working?
    I get the feeling that a lot of people think this, problem being is that if I'm out of the office LOOKING busy, i'm actually doing less work than if I was in my office fixing things.

Thank Post

Loved it, it has taken prime position on staff board, right next to the cover list to ensure that it is read

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12