+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Need some help with Job descrip? Probably not the right place to put it but.......... in General; Hi if anybody out there can help it would be much appreciated!! I am a TA at a special school ...

Thank Post

Need some help with Job descrip? Probably not the right place to put it but..........

Hi if anybody out there can help it would be much appreciated!!

I am a TA at a special school and although we have a man from EIS in to do the bulk of the major stuff on our RM network, I am now being trained up to work on the new CC4 system. I am also supposed to keep track of the Licensing, deal with issues, train people, advise on programs, and possibly (if i can get on the training) assess pupils needs for assistive devices. I also do the bulk of the IT quotes and ordering for both our admin and curriculum networks and deal with the suppliers. I have also trained large groups of staff on specific programs.

However i still have a TA job description and i dont think this covers me for the major amount of the work i will need to do, including repairs etc. I work 37 hours a week term time only (not enough to keep up), do 2 days in classes to keep my hand in, and spend the rest of my time juggling admin jobs and ICT repairs.

My line manager has been saying he would get onto it, but hasnt for the last 8 months. I was thinking that if i could take in a "spec" job description (with possible pay rise!!lol) in to my review meeting, it might give him a bigger nudge.

Does anyone out there have a job description like this? I know most job descriptions don't cover all we do, but are there any that are even close??

Help would be appreciated

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    how well is your RM system working? as if you are having problems that could lead to hours troubleshooting and on the phone to them. i know some schools reporting some quite serious issues with CC4 SR2 which if your place are expecting you to deal with, and then do your normal job i think would be unfair

Thank Post
    We are hoping to move to CC4 in the hols, well that is when the new equipment arrives and the server build team!! I have read about the problems on here, and im hoping that with EIS doing the builds there won't be too much hassle

(touch wood, everything crossed, etc)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by meadowgirl View Post
    Hi if anybody out there can help it would be much appreciated!!

I am a TA at a special school and although we have a man from EIS in to do the bulk of the major stuff on our RM network, I am now being trained up to work on the new CC4 system. I am also supposed to keep track of the Licensing, deal with issues, train people, advise on programs, and possibly (if i can get on the training) assess pupils needs for assistive devices. I also do the bulk of the IT quotes and ordering for both our admin and curriculum networks and deal with the suppliers. I have also trained large groups of staff on specific programs.

However i still have a TA job description and i dont think this covers me for the major amount of the work i will need to do, including repairs etc. I work 37 hours a week term time only (not enough to keep up), do 2 days in classes to keep my hand in, and spend the rest of my time juggling admin jobs and ICT repairs.

My line manager has been saying he would get onto it, but hasnt for the last 8 months. I was thinking that if i could take in a "spec" job description (with possible pay rise!!lol) in to my review meeting, it might give him a bigger nudge.

Does anyone out there have a job description like this? I know most job descriptions don't cover all we do, but are there any that are even close??

Help would be appreciated
    pm me you email address

Thank Post
    i have mailed you a JD

6. Thanks to gibbo_ap from:

meadowgirl (30th September 2010)

Thank Post
    and now i have been handed the website password and a development plan---yipee not!!

Thank Post
    If it bothers you, write your own. They will never give you one as chances are they have no idea what/how/when you do what you do. Im in the same boat - employed as a TA - and still haven't got one after a year.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread